Acentech Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 10, 2017

4.6
Christopher Savereid

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A company that truly cares about its people & its impact on the world"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Acentech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In short: Acentech is an absolutely amazing place to work. In detail: this is a company that looks to make sure employees grow into the best versions of themselves. Upper management truly encourages employees to pursue what they find fascinating about their work, and this nurturing culture allows one to develop a career they find both satisfying and challenging in all of the right ways. I have worked at other places where this is not the case, where office culture is all about profit and pressure. The difference in personal drive and ultimately personal happiness is remarkable. Acentech is a truly rare company that genuinely cares about its employees and how its work positively impacts the surrounding world.

Cons

In all honestly, it is extremely hard to find a drawback about working at this company. But, one consideration is that it has a very niche focus, and having passion is critical to developing a career in these specialized areas. Essentially, one needs to be truly passionate about what they do to be able to work here. Interest in what you do at the company should come from something deeper inside of you, not something that is a passing or fleeting interest. For some, the concept of letting joy and passion drive work decisions could be a bit of a learning curve. But, ultimately, this adjustment definitely is worth it.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the professional passions of your employees. It has been a wonderful strategy for helping the company grow and succeed so far—it will only continue to pay off in the future.

2. "A terrific and fun company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Acentech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The wonderful people at Acentech are what make the company so great to work for.
    Acentech sincerely cares about its employees and offers very good benefits.
    The staff is dedicated to their work and there is a very collegial atmosphere.
    Everyone is made to feel a part of a talented team. It is so important to enjoy one’s position while being surrounded by supportive and friendly co-workers.

Having come from a completely different background, I find that Acentech has allowed me to create assignments I enjoy in addition to the responsibilities I was hired for.

Cons

There are really no cons.

3. "A truly employee centered place to work"

I have been working at Acentech full-time

Pros

- Work life balance
    - Excellent benefits for a small company
    - Very low turnover of staff
    - Diverse project portfolio of vast array of project types
    - Collaborative staff and atmosphere
    - Good location in Cambridge with free on-site parking
    - Onsite shower, mother's room, and bike storage

Cons

- Compensation could be higher but outweighed by benefits
    - Remote offices
    - Not many that I can think of to be honest!

4. "Good learning opportunity"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Student
    Former Employee - Mechanical Engineering Student

Pros

I was chosen for their summer internship due to having previous work experience. They could have easily picked an intern form the plethora of Harvard and MIT applicants around Boston. They treated me with respect, gave me projects and had me accompany Sr. Acoustic Consultants to on-site jobs. I learned a lot in those 8 weeks. Also, there was free coffee coffee in the mornings.

Cons

None that I can think of.

5. "Great people!"

Pros

Truly a family atmosphere - very supportive.

Cons

Kind of afraid of change.

Advice to Management

Communicate!