Acero Precision Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Michael Fitzgerald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great company for those who work hard and want to rise up."

Former Employee - Logistics Assistant in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Logistics Assistant in West Chester, PA

I worked at Acero Precision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced, fast growing company with leaders that want employees to succeed individually and collectively with the company.

Cons

The leadership can be hard at times, the employers want you to work hard at what you do. It is a very “tough love” type environment.

2. "Laser Etch Technician"

Former Employee - Laser Etch Technician in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Laser Etch Technician in West Chester, PA

I worked at Acero Precision part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a recently retired individual who still wanted to work but on a part-time basis, I found Acero to be the perfect fit. My many years of employment and experience were looked upon by management as a welcomed asset. I always felt respected and was made to feel as an dependable contributor to my team. They were flexible with hours and I never had any issues with getting time off for personal reasons. The work was very engaging and fast paced. I was never bored. Overall, it was a very nice place to work. The facility was very clean and modern. In addition, ownership continues to make major investments to make the facility even nicer. Other employees that I engaged with were always very nice and helpful. My supervisor was always helpful in providing training, being accessible, and providing support as needed. I highly recommend Acero as a good opportunity for any retired individual who would like to work in an interesting engaging environment,

Cons

Nothing significant in my view.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are operating a very nice company and facility.

3. "This place sucks!"

I worked at Acero Precision full-time

Pros

None. Can not think of any.

Cons

Having to work at this place everyday!

Advice to Management

None, will fall on deaf ears!

4. "Don't give Acero a chance"

I worked at Acero Precision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pro's to working at this place

Cons

They don't care about you as a person!!! As far as fast paced, they will over work you and keep asking for more so much that they burn you out. When it comes time for a raise and you have worked hard to earn it. The owner will give you 10¢.
    Acero will never do anything for there employees to show they care. The managers in this place are managers because they kiss butt and don't know how to speak up (micro managing). All the good reviews you reed on here are from the owner or HR. If you think there is a HR department LOL!!! The owner has fired every HR department person or company that has come in to help. the owner doesn't have communication skills. I only speak from experience and the words from others who have worked there. I was there for a few years and I learned quick this wasn't a place I was going to call home. Use them as a means to get by until something better comes along, and it will!!!!!

Advice to Management

Quite putting post on here that are not true. Hire a real HR department. Try caring and listening to your employees for once.

5. "Good for Hard workers"

Current Employee - CNC Machinist in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Acero Precision full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I agree with the review before me entirely, the ones before that review may be true or may be false based on different periods of time, however this is honestly a remarkable, challenging, clean, and organized environment to work in. The employees who work with you treat you as a member of the Acero family right through the gates. This is a very fast paced, very attention to detail oriented job, other places will say the same but this is truly how it is at Acero, and for good reason. In my time here, about a month and a half, I've witnessed the company earn over 3 new major medical device business opportunities. This place is growing, and growing fast. If you are seeking a challenging, rewarding, truly fast paced job in the manufacturing trade, then seek this place out. They will let you go as far, for as hard as you try. All in all, I love the place for as much as I have seen of it. I feel truly engaged in what I am tasked with, and before you know it, a nine hour day has passed in 5 hours. Give the place a shot, but be aware that this job is for certain people with diligence, focus, and a drive for working hard.

Cons

For some, the place is very neat, particular, and actually inspects the work off the machine, all dimensions usually. This may be a con to some people, but it is necessary.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, and continue to stay on a friendly personal level with your employees, owner/employee interaction in good context is what makes everyone feel involved, and appreciated, don't stop what you guys are doing and keep this in mind!

6. "Loyalty is repaid"

Current Employee - CNC Machinist in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Acero Precision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have worked for Acero for a while, people have come and gone. While they have very little tolerance for mistakes, they appreciate and do reward loyalty with loyalty. They are an old fashioned type Company in some of the best ways. Yes, the Owner certainly does at times micro manage (his prerogative) they also know their employees,never deny time off for personal issues, extend support in times of hardship, and are even protective of those that have a consistent record of working hard for the Company. Yes, there are times when the pressure of maintaining success is a weight felt from the top down, but there has also been many times when they have offered a reward to celebrate a victory (Lunches, breakfast, profit sharing, parties, events etc.) overall I am grateful for the experience.

Cons

Often the single biggest issue is the middle managers interpersonal skills. While they may be knowledgeable about machining, they are often petty and bullying particularly to younger cell members, and can create an atmosphere that is not conducive of optimum production. They often will "throw someone under the bus" in situations where they failed to adequately supervise the person or the person clearly lacked the required skill or experience to do the requested task. They also fail to listen to those with experience doing particular jobs which often leads to bad parts or unnecessary waste creating greater overhead costs unnecessarily.

Advice to Management

Watch your middle managers, they are at times bullying and create an atmosphere that fosters unease and fear which causes preventable mistakes and general unhappiness and expands employee turnover.

"Other reviews are correct"

Pros

Everything listed on this site is correct with the experience I have had while working there. CEO doesn't know his own business

Cons

ceo doesn't know the business and tenured employees throw everyone else under the bus. You are belittled in front of others and yelled at on the floor

Advice to Management

Take management courses and realize you have human beings working for you and treat them with respect. Chang out upper management for fresh perspective

"Stop Lying"

Former Employee - CNC Machinist
    Former Employee - CNC Machinist

Pros

it was a job, it provided me with employment at one point

Cons

there are many. See reviews written by actual employees that aren't one of their HR people

Advice to Management

stop lying.

The time had come for me to start hunting for a new job in the manufacturing industry. I last worked for Acero Precision in 2013. I quit for much the same reasons as many others have mentioned in their reviews; was lied to on multiple occasions, under paid, over worked, and lied to. Since I'm in the market for a new job, I figured I'd give a former employer a look to see if they've improved and based on every review but the 5 star one saying Micheal is misunderstood say the same things that drove me to quit 3 years ago.

Michael if you bother to read these reviews, I'm leaving you with the same thing I told your HR guy Allen 3 years ago.

Your employees are humans, treat them as such. They catch on when you lie to them and make false promises. Hotdog parties and spotless floors aren't going to make employees hang around. Telling it like it is and giving a poop about your employees will.

"Nice People but Gain Little Experience"

Pros

They treat you nicely and they just got a new facility that was being renovated at the time. The apartments they put you in if you are not from the area are very nice.

Cons

They will make you work weekends and will most likely give you two individual days off during each week. The job is also a little boring because they don't trust you to make any adjustments. So you just the go and stop button while also checking measurements of parts that come out of the machine.

"Declining FAST"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Acero Precision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't have to work weekends, in fact no one does because there is nothing to do. I can only empty the trash so many times...I feel my community college degree is underutilized.

Cons

Disgruntled employees, average worker is only here a few months, all employee perks have been taken away, owner tries to run the company himself and is flushing it down the tubes, construction project which bankrupted us, over-head costs have tripled to allow a lavish lifestyle for mgmt, company benz's are a little too much

Advice to Management

Wouldn't matter, they don't hear anyone, find a operations manager who can figure this out