Achieve Test Prep Reviews

Updated Nov 30, 2020

4.3
Achieve Test Prep CEO Mark Olynyk (no image)
Mark Olynyk
Pros
  • "Flexible, 100% work from home schedule(in 23 reviews)

• "I worked for multiple companies remotely before Achieve Test Prep and I can confidently say that this is the best company to work for(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "I truly enjoy working for Achieve Test Prep(in 6 reviews)

• "You always have a voice at Achieve Test Prep, no matter what your position or how long you have worked here(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "I worked at Achieve for 3 years and it catapulted my career"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Specialist in Naples, FL

I worked at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Achieve provides academic support for students that want to take advantage of credit by examination to complete their degree of choice. It started as a small company based in NJ over 10 years ago and it now employs over 200 people all over the world. I made part of the academic department and I can attest that many customers were successful in completing their academic journey and now have the degree they always desired. Using credit by examination to earn college credits is not a conventional approach, but it works. For many working adults it is perhaps the only option. The company is always growing and expanding. It operates on a 100% virtual environment and you are expected to be self motivated and creative in helping its growth by sharing new ideas and implementing new processes. If you are one that needs constant reassurance, maybe this job is not for you. Management allows a flexible schedule which provides a great work/life balance. I personally enjoyed working with people all over the world and learning about their culture.

Cons

Long hours, but you are well compensated.

January 19, 2021Quality Control Manager

We thank you for your kind words. We here at Achieve strike to make an impact on those who seek our services, whilst being the trailblazer in accessibility to higher education. We’re dedicated to creating faster, more affordable paths to college education. We invite you to continue partnering with us as we grow from strength to strength; while helping our clients to actualize their dream.

"good company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep part-time for less than a year

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

nothing negative to say about them

September 2, 2020Quality Control Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. We hope that your experience with us continues to be in your favor!

"A Career, Not a job"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*Flexible, 100% work from home schedule *Opportunity for advancement *Open Communications *Consistency and resilience through the change and uncertainty of today since we're already 100% virtual workforce and online prep courses.

Cons

We are always adapting to changes in customer needs and developing new online learning tools. Not everyone is cut out for a fast paced, change centered environment, but I find it exciting and challenging.

May 19, 2020Quality Control Manager

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and your understanding in adapting to the changes that come with working remotely. We value our employees and love to hear that you found true benefits in working with us. Thanks again for your feedback, your contributions, and your review!

4. "Stunningly mismanaged, tremendous turnover, toxic culture."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than a year

Pros

The dress code - work from home

Cons

A work harder, not smarter mentality. Too much to detail.

June 1, 2020Quality Control Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Achieve, we believe in constantly trying to improve, and feedback from employees is an essential part of that process. Your comments about too much detail are valuable. As a company with a 100% virtual workforce, it's extremely important that policies and procedures are carefully documented, but we agree that it's also important not to micromanage people. Actually, it's a primary objective at Achieve to give employees training and guidance and then let them run with it. However, in some rare instances when an individual struggle in their role they may misinterpret needed direction as 'too much'. Achieve does have an open-door policy, and we always encourage all staff members to bring any problem, complaint or inquiry to the attention of their Supervisor, Manager or HR Representative.

"Flexible schedule but low pay."

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Newark, NJ

I worked at Achieve Test Prep part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule for my position and great people to work with.

Cons

Internal politics could get in the way and low pay. But mostly good company.

April 28, 2020Quality Control Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your time at Achieve. We love to hear that employees appreciate the flexible schedule while working from home! A flexible, work-from-home position is just one of the many benefits that makes Achieve such a great place to work. We strive to provide each employee with competitive compensation and other benefits and incentives to recognize their dedication and hard work towards reaching excellence in our industry. With the company’s continuous growth, there are many career advancement opportunities throughout the company. We have an open-door policy at Achieve. We highly encourage all staff members to bring any issues to the attention of their Supervisor, Manager or HR Representative.

6. COVID-19

"WORST COMPANY EVER"

1.0
    Former Employee - Escalation Specialist in Newark, NJ

I worked at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you want to lie for a living, be lied to, and truly hate the job you are working, this job is for you!

Cons

Nothing about Achieve is honest, not how they treat customers, not how they treat employees, not how the service is actually provided. The service provided is something that any rational person can search online for and not pay this much money for. The contracts are so so strict and so expensive that as an employee you truly feel bad for anyone you speak to when discussing the money owed. I truly hate the fact that I lied for this company to "students" who owed this money. Students is in quotations because these arent actually students, they are customers who buy info that they could find online to take a test at a real school that Achieve has nothing to do with and cant help with in any way. I truly felt bad as a person for doing this job and I am sorry that I ever did it, this lasted for about 3 years. Yes I know, it took over 2 years for me to get to the truth and reality about this company and leaving it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. Interesting fact, every single year, for at least the last 6 years, they have sent out a letter to every employee saying: unfortunately there will be no raises this year because of this or that, feel sorry for us because we arent making money. Fact, look at their books, millions upon millions in profit every single year and growing. Disgusting. Avoid this company like the plague, or corona virus

March 13, 2020Quality Control Manager

We appreciate you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your tenure with Achieve. We sincerely apologize if you find your experience working with the company as unsatisfactory. We at Achieve, take pride in our mission of helping our customers reach their academic and career goals through our well planned and structured test preparation programs which help our customers earn their degree through credit-by-examination. Over the years, numerous customers have reached their goals in their chosen field with our help and this is evident in our company's continued growth. Our consistent off the charts pass rate which currently stands at a formidable 94 percent is indicative of Achieve’s excellence in our industry. Our business model puts a high emphasis on transparency and it was built around our customer’s trust and success. It is of utmost importance that we are conducting our day-to-day business in good faith, and we always see to it that all of our stakeholders including our customers and every employee receives fair and equitable treatment. Working with Achieve is a challenging but very rewarding experience and having the luxury of working remotely from the comfort of your home while having numerous opportunities for career growth offers a huge amount of flexibility. Achieve does have an open-door policy, and we always encourage all staff members to bring any problem, complaint or inquiry to the attention of their Supervisor, Manager or HR Representative.

"Great, flexible place to work"

Current Employee - Director of Admissions

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the fact that I can work at home. Pre-set appointments with qualified leads are a huge plus. The money is good if you put the necessary effort into the job. Even though the work force is virtual, good friends can still be made. There is a definite sense of camaraderie on the sales team.

Cons

It's a lot to learn initially but the training is excellent.

February 17, 2019Quality Control Manager

Thank you for your review and for your feedback about training on new programs. I know the pace at which we roll out new programs has been quick and I will make this a priority to focus on improving training for those. It's great to hear that your virtual team still has camaraderie. Thanks for all your hard work and contributions.

"Achieve Test Prep - the best place to work!"

Current Employee - Academic Supervisor in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We work from home. We allow flexible schedules for those who need them. We have the best managers/supervisors that you will find anywhere. As long as we have good internet and a quiet environment we can work from anywhere. Working from home includes so many 'perks'!

Cons

As with all jobs there are very minor things but nothing major enough to call a "Con"

January 13, 2019Quality Control Manager

Thank you for your review. It is important to have good communication and a good relationship with your supervisor and manager. We appreciate your feedback.

9. "Working Here is Fun"

Current Employee - Account Service Representative

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working here is genuinely fun and the people are awesome! In addition to senior leadership being super personable and humble, I've made some great friends here and I am always happy and looking forward to come into work every day. I have the flexibility to work from home! I am extremely thankful for having the opportunity to be a part this team.

Cons

Company is growing rapidly and of course our role is continuously changing, however management's positive energy and great communication helps for an easy transition with providing training and guidelines along the way, which makes this transition an easy sale!

January 13, 2019Quality Control Manager

It's good to hear that you are having fun at work. It's important for us to focus on a positive work environment since that can be a challenge when we are all working at home. Thanks for your feedback, your contributions, and your review!

10. "Nice family type company with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Withdraw/IT Support in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, opportunity to work in various roles, Get to see the accomplishments of your work

Cons

There are not any I can think of.

January 13, 2019Quality Control Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We are glad that you are happy working here and we appreciate your dedication.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 English Reviews