Achieve Test Prep Employee Reviews about "achieve test prep"

Updated Mar 22, 2019

4.1
Achieve Test Prep CEO Mark Olynyk (no image)
Mark Olynyk
Pros
  • "Flexible, 100% work from home schedule(in 23 reviews)

• "I worked for multiple companies remotely before Achieve Test Prep and I can confidently say that this is the best company to work for(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I truly enjoy working for Achieve Test Prep(in 6 reviews)

• "You always have a voice at Achieve Test Prep, no matter what your position or how long you have worked here(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "achieve test prep"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Achieve is a great place to work!

Nov 23, 2018 - Customer Service Specialist in Taylor, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

As someone who has been in the customer service field for 20+ years, I have never worked for a company who cares as much about creating a positive, comfortable, and supportive experience for their customers (students) as Achieve does. I have seen for myself how management works to instill in all employees the philosophy of going the extra mile, anticipate needs, and follow through. I have truly been empowered to help students. In past jobs, I’ve generally only been able to say “I’m sorry”, but never provided resources or tools to do anything further to provide a resolution. However, with Achieve, I am part of team whose core mission is dependent on the success of their students, and they take that very seriously. They work hard to prepare students for exams, provide additional study resources, and accommodate fluctuating financial circumstances, all while requesting student feedback, seeking ways to implement suggestions, and continuously improve along the way. I’m grateful to work for a company with values that parallel my own. It’s important to me do my best in providing exceptional service to others and I can see that Achieve Test Prep believes that as well. Other Pros: Legitimate Remote Job. Flexible Schedule. Supportive Team. Great Management. Opportunity for Advancement.

Cons

No paid time off for part-timers, but we can make up time as needed.

4 people found this review helpful

Quality Control Manager

We appreciate your taking the time to leave us this review. It's great to hear that you feel empowered to help customers and to go the extra mile to provide excellent service. I appreciate your feedback and hope that you continue to be happy and feel rewarded in your job here at Achieve.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love Working for Achieve Test Prep!

Oct 19, 2018 - Senior Business Office Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for multiple companies remotely before Achieve Test Prep and I can confidently say that this is the best company to work for. Unlike other companies, I am not treated like a number here, but as a valued employee that is appreciated. I have been given great opportunities with the company and genuinely feel appreciated for the work that I do. My co-workers feel more like friends, which is saying a lot when telecommuting. Management keeps a wonderful balance between professionalism and understanding for real life issues that require flexibility. I genuinely feel like I'm helping students every day and I feel encouraged to do so by my superiors. My trainer/supervisor for the majority of my time with the company has been Rachel Vera and I can't rave enough about her and the bright light that she is for Achieve Test Prep. She goes above and beyond for the company, for the employees, and for the students. My love for the job comes from enthusiastic and encouraging management, such as herself.

Cons

I have no Cons to share

2 people found this review helpful

Quality Control Manager

Thank you for your feedback and your review. It's true that at Achieve we care about you as a person and this is one of the reasons we permit everyone to work at home. It's awesome that you can still build friendships when working remotely and I've experienced that as well in my time here at Achieve. You, Rachel and the rest of the team really do care about our students and this helps us feel proud of what we do. Thanks again.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Type of company

Nov 15, 2018 - Advisor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Achieve has no pros. They are a scam in every sense of the word

Cons

Achieve test prep is currently in the process of firing all of it US-based employees to make room for all offshore staff, all to cut costs. They will make you sign the contract and toss you aside. Please heed my warning and don't enroll with achieve test prep. I have screenshots and documents that state my case if anyone wants a copy.

12 people found this review helpful

Quality Control Manager

Achieve is a global company with over 200 associates located all over the world and we have two things that are very important to us. First we strive to deliver an exceptional product and support to our customers. Prospective students can visit our website to see verified testimonials from graduated students and real time information on our exam pass rates which confirm that student support and success are the core of our mission at Achieve. Secondly, it’s equally important to provide a positive work environment where our employees are presented with flexible work from home careers and the opportunity to grow professionally. In order to accomplish these goals we do institute high standards and as with any company not everyone will meet these standards. All under performing employees are given input in a professional and courteous manner and given the opportunity to improve their performance. Sometimes, despite our best efforts it does not work out and we must part ways as with this employee. We do wish this person the best in their future career endeavors.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Achieve Test Prep - a great place to work!

Apr 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love what I do and I can work-from-home. Win-win!! There are many good things going for Achieve Test Prep: career advancement, great people to work with, flexible work schedule and I get to work for a company that is poised for continued growth.

Cons

I have had an overall positive work experience.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Quality Control Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We agree it's important to love what you do . We are lucky to have employees who feel that way because it makes a big difference to our students!

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Horrible Company -- Terrible Pay

Mar 25, 2018 - Educator
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros. I regret every minute of my time at Achieve Test Prep. The students are nice, but I have nothing positive to say about the organization or the people who run it.

Cons

The pay is absolutely terrible. They pay instructors $18 an hour of class time-- that amounts to about $432 for an 8-week course. The administrators lack intelligence. No one seems to know anything about how to structure or teach a course. The communication mechanism is a joke. The day I quit was the best day of your life. Do not work for this company.

7 people found this review helpful

Director of Education

Achieve prides itself in finding and retaining top-notch instructors for our courses. Our recruiting process focuses on identifying candidates who have both subject matter expertise and teaching experience. Our pay range for virtual instructor positions vary depending on subject matter. All pay ranges are within the typical pay scale or higher compared to other companies doing similar business. Like with any company, not every new employee proves to be a good fit for the hired position. We wish this person the best of luck in his/her next position.

6. 4.0

Academic Advisor

Mar 7, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy working at Achieve Test Prep. I love the flexibilty that this job offers working from my home office. I enjoy helping our students obtain their educational goals of being an RN. Plus my co-workers are wonderful to work with. We work so good as a team, which seems hard when you think, we are all working from home, but we do!

Cons

At times I feel a bit micro managed

Be the first to find this review helpful

Quality Control Manager

Thanks for your review. I understand that certain systems we have in place to ensure productivity could seem like "micro management" but we assure you our goals are for organization as it can be difficult to keep track of everyone's tasks with a 10% remote workforce. We do appreciate your feedback and will look into ways to make sure your documentation standards do not become counterproductive.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Successful Director of Admssions

Mar 29, 2017 - Director of Admissions
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a Director of Admissions for Achieve Test Prep for around four years, I have found the experience to be both rewarding and challenging. Rewarding in the sense that I am doing what I love and I'm allowed to be as successful as I want to be. Many companies have "glass ceilings" that limit their employees on both growth and earning potential. As a top producer, through company coaching and best practices, I have doubled my income. If you are a top producer who thrives on success as regards income potential and self satisfaction, you are given the reigns to drive your own success without coddling or intense micro-management.

Cons

Challenging in that as with any growing company, and there has been enormous growth with Achieve Test Prep just in the last year, there are sometimes schematic and/or communication concerns ~ Achieve Test Prep has not escaped this. However, upon recognition of an "issue" steps are taken to either correct or better adapt all to new concepts and procedures.

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Marketing Agency Relationship

Nov 18, 2015 - Senior Marketing Manager in Wayne, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong management, open dialogue, great business proposition. It's been a pleasure to work with this company for almost four years and be a part of it's growth.

Cons

There is negativity in the industry about for-profit education, however, Achieve Test Prep stays clear of those issues by offering solid value with complete transparancy.

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

My experience with Achieve Test Prep by Anthony D. Pascale

Nov 4, 2015 - Director of Admissions in Wayne, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked for Achieve Test Prep for 5 years. It was a great experience overall. Constant feedback and support to guide you in the beginning. Salary is competitive and commission structure is fair. You get to meet with students that are genuinely interested in hearing about the program. Every person you meet with is pre-qualified

Cons

Sometimes the sales cycle is longer then I would have liked, but that is mostly because the student does not have the down payment to sign up in the first meeting. ATP has done a good job of offering them several finance options to help with this. There a time the student drops from the program because they just can't handle working, life, and going back to school at the same time.

6 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to work, never Boring!

Sep 3, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is very flexible with the schedules. Good pay. Friendly and passionate staff. Everyday you help Students in a way that positively effects thier lives. Small company environment, but very professional. Very supportive staff. Always something new to learn!

Cons

I have not yet come across any cons with this company, the management is very open to new suggestions and improvement idea's from all levels of staff. You always have a voice at Achieve Test Prep, no matter what your position or how long you have worked here.

2 people found this review helpful