Achieve Test Prep Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Nov 24, 2020

4.1
Achieve Test Prep CEO Mark Olynyk (no image)
Mark Olynyk
Pros
  • "Flexible, 100% work from home schedule(in 23 reviews)

• "I worked for multiple companies remotely before Achieve Test Prep and I can confidently say that this is the best company to work for(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "I truly enjoy working for Achieve Test Prep(in 6 reviews)

• "You always have a voice at Achieve Test Prep, no matter what your position or how long you have worked here(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews

"A Career, Not a job"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

*Flexible, 100% work from home schedule *Opportunity for advancement *Open Communications *Consistency and resilience through the change and uncertainty of today since we're already 100% virtual workforce and online prep courses.

Cons

We are always adapting to changes in customer needs and developing new online learning tools. Not everyone is cut out for a fast paced, change centered environment, but I find it exciting and challenging.

May 19, 2020Quality Control Manager

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and your understanding in adapting to the changes that come with working remotely. We value our employees and love to hear that you found true benefits in working with us. Thanks again for your feedback, your contributions, and your review!

2. "not so great"

2.0
    Former Contractor - Business Office Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Achieve Test Prep

Pros

work from home, well organized

Cons

cheap labor and cheap wages.

January 19, 2021Quality Control Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your time at Achieve. We love to hear that employees appreciate the flexible schedule while working from home! A flexible, work-from-home position is just one of the many benefits that make Achieve such a great place to work. We strive to provide our employees with competitive compensation and other incentives that recognize their dedication and hard work. With the company’s continuous growth, there are many career advancement opportunities available. We have an open-door policy at Achieve. We highly encourage all staff members to bring any issues to the attention of their Supervisor, Manager, or HR Representative.

3. "Stunningly mismanaged, tremendous turnover, toxic culture."

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than a year

Pros

The dress code - work from home

Cons

A work harder, not smarter mentality. Too much to detail.

June 1, 2020Quality Control Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback. At Achieve, we believe in constantly trying to improve, and feedback from employees is an essential part of that process. Your comments about too much detail are valuable. As a company with a 100% virtual workforce, it's extremely important that policies and procedures are carefully documented, but we agree that it's also important not to micromanage people. Actually, it's a primary objective at Achieve to give employees training and guidance and then let them run with it. However, in some rare instances when an individual struggle in their role they may misinterpret needed direction as 'too much'. Achieve does have an open-door policy, and we always encourage all staff members to bring any problem, complaint or inquiry to the attention of their Supervisor, Manager or HR Representative.

"Achieve Test Prep - the best place to work!"

Current Employee - Academic Supervisor in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We work from home. We allow flexible schedules for those who need them. We have the best managers/supervisors that you will find anywhere. As long as we have good internet and a quiet environment we can work from anywhere. Working from home includes so many 'perks'!

Cons

As with all jobs there are very minor things but nothing major enough to call a "Con"

January 13, 2019Quality Control Manager

Thank you for your review. It is important to have good communication and a good relationship with your supervisor and manager. We appreciate your feedback.

5. "Working Here is Fun"

Current Employee - Account Service Representative

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working here is genuinely fun and the people are awesome! In addition to senior leadership being super personable and humble, I've made some great friends here and I am always happy and looking forward to come into work every day. I have the flexibility to work from home! I am extremely thankful for having the opportunity to be a part this team.

Cons

Company is growing rapidly and of course our role is continuously changing, however management's positive energy and great communication helps for an easy transition with providing training and guidelines along the way, which makes this transition an easy sale!

January 13, 2019Quality Control Manager

It's good to hear that you are having fun at work. It's important for us to focus on a positive work environment since that can be a challenge when we are all working at home. Thanks for your feedback, your contributions, and your review!

6. "Nice family type company with lots of opportunity"

Current Employee - Withdraw/IT Support in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, opportunity to work in various roles, Get to see the accomplishments of your work

Cons

There are not any I can think of.

January 13, 2019Quality Control Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We are glad that you are happy working here and we appreciate your dedication.

"Accounting Admin"

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly people who are truly passionate about the students with Achieve. Flexibility, a true work from home option. Awesome management who truly cares about your opinion, Growth potential for employees.

Cons

There are no cons with Achieve.

October 20, 2018Quality Control Manager

We agree that our employees are passionate about helping our students and that's a big part of what makes Achieve great. It's great to hear that you have a good open relationship with your manager and that you enjoy working from home. Thanks for your review!

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Accomac, VA

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep part-time for more than a year

Pros

There are so many pros to working at Achieve: I have a flexible schedule, I'm able to work from home and contribute to my family's finances while also being home with my children. I'm able to work while traveling as well which has afforded my family many opportunities. ATP is the best place I've ever worked and I really do enjoy working for this company. Everyone truly works as a team and there is such a great sense of comradery among the employees.

Cons

I honestly do not have any complaints. Every time I've had an issue or needed less or more work, had a question, etc. I've been able to reach out to my supervisor and manager and I've been met with total support and guidance.

November 4, 2018Quality Control Manager

We love to hear that employees find true benefits in schedule flexibility and working from home. It's one of the many things that makes Achieve such a great place to work. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us this review, and we hope that you always remain as happy at work as you are now!

9. "Love teaching for Achieve!"

Current Employee - Instructor

I have been working at Achieve Test Prep part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Work from home -Flexible schedule -All curriculum provided -Open communication from manager -Great department support -Competitive pay

Cons

-None, I really enjoy teaching at Achieve

August 31, 2018Quality Control Manager

Our teachers are one of the biggest reasons we are so successful here at Achieve and have a 94% pass rate. Thank you for your dedication to our students and for supporting our mission to help students save time and money by testing out of college courses! That would be much harder to do without live instruction from teachers like you. Thanks so much for this review and for your feedback.

10. "Achieve Test Prep, you could not ask for a better remote company to work for!"

Former Employee - Human Resources Director in Columbus, OH

I worked at Achieve Test Prep full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedules, helping adult learners achieve their educational dreams, management support, clear working processes, amazing HR department, inviting on-boarding process.

Cons

Some departments are thin on staff. Part-time job hours can sometimes limit the companies ability to improve speed of service.

August 31, 2018Quality Control Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and your suggestions about staffing issues. This is an area we intend to focus on as we continue to grow. We agree that cross functional teams will be an asset for managing large projects. Thanks again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 English Reviews