Achieve3000 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Achieve3000 Founder, President and CEO Saki Dodelson
Saki Dodelson

Pros
  • Great product, great team, really nice, smart people (in 11 reviews)

• Oh, did I tell you that they also allow you to work from home which makes your life even better (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Worst company I've ever worked for (in 3 reviews)

• You're expected to do the job well (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"QA"

Pros

Achieve was an excellent place to work. The company treats everyone as part of the same team, and works together to ensure the success of the goal (Saki's catchphrase - helping kids while making money - so true!). There's no place at Achieve for someone who is trying to coast by without doing any work - they expect you to try your best. But you're surrounded by people who are giving it their all, and the company treats you extremely well in return. There's no micromanaging, and a lot of room for finding your own path to success. The management is interested in helping everyone do well, and no one works harder than the people at the top. Achieve is going places, and if you're smart, you can join them. I followed a career path that led me away from Achieve, but it was one of the best places I've ever worked.

Cons

Achieve expects you to pitch in and do your job- so if you expect to do well without putting in any effort, this is probably not the place for you.

2. "Flexible, focused and very team oriented"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a small company and hence you dont face the bureaucratic mess of large corporate. Your team though geographically dispersed all across the globe, still function as if a family sitting around a fire place. There is close coordination and excellent management that comes with it. Altogether a very nice place to work and there are many different avenues for career growth. Oh, did I tell you that they also allow you to work from home which makes your life even better.

Cons

None that I can see so far.

"Worst company in education market"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Remote, OR

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really is nothing positive i can say about this awful company.

Cons

The CEO is corrupt and has created an atmosphere of interesting intimidation. She is condescending towards teachers and employees.

Advice to Management

Treat people ethically.

5. "Great company to work for."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation is good. Plenty of people eager to help you. Lots of room for advancement. They only hire the most experienced, top-notch people.

Cons

National meetings are held twice a year. The January meeting is held in New Jersey while the July meeting is usually somewhere like Phoenix. Too hot or too cold.

Advice to Management

Easy on the conference calls.

6. "Full time data anlyst"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Lakewood, NJ
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Lakewood, NJ

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary and great benefits
    They do lots of little things that make it more enjoyable to work there. It's a very positive fun place to work. I really liked my manager, she always gave me clear goals and had normal expectations.

Cons

Its a fairly long day with lots of work, I would always be pretty tired at the end. The main office is in south central jersey.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Lakewood, NJ
    Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Lakewood, NJ

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great product in teaching students to read better.

Cons

The CEO's primary goal is to make money. Helping students is secondary and the employees that work there are a way down on the list.

Advice to Management

Stop the revolving door and treat and pay the employees with respect and worth.

"AMAZING product, unsustainable workload"

Former Employee - Implementation in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Implementation in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Achieve3000 (More than a year)

Pros

Hands down the best online differentiated literacy solution on the market. Incredible opportunity to make a difference for students and teachers.

Cons

No work-life balance. Unrealistic workload for implementation team. Blackout period from August - December means NO days off, even for major life events. Better hope nobody in your family plans a wedding, gets sick, or goes off to college in the Fall, because you can't be there! Ridiculous redundancy in documentation and record keeping. Caseload is far too heavy for the amount of travel, paperwork, and reporting required of implementation team.

Advice to Management

Understand that a slide show of family photos at annual meetings is not sufficient recognition of the hard work and crazy travel put in by your awesome implementation team. Sending sales team to Costa Rica while giving implementation team $30 "ginger snaps" is a slap in the face to every road warrior who puts in the time and effort to ensure renewals and expansions.

"My crazy time at Achieve3000"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time

Pros

Pretty good pay, had one co-worker who was helpful when I first started; otherwise it was pretty much every man for himself.

Cons

Excessive micro-management. Despite having been a top performer for many years at my previous employer, was told by manager how to write emails to my customers, deals needed to be okayed by founder of the company - not even any of the high level management people above me. Marketing was terrible, CEO-founder, very unrealistic about expectations.

Advice to Management

Considering the interview process is one of the most in-depth I've ever experienced, you should trust the sales reps and management you hire to act somewhat independently.

"A great experience"

Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Achieve3000 has the best product on the market for improving student literacy. Customers love it and I always felt proud to represent such a well-developed tool. The other sales reps are supportive and truly work as a team. There are many talented, top notch professionals in this company!

Cons

Standard growing pains, as many companies experience, when gaining such momentum so quickly.

"Great product!"

Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Upper Marlboro, MD

I worked at Achieve3000 (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful product. Great employees. Lots of holidays.

Cons

None. Company great. People great.