Achieve3000 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Achieve3000 Founder, President and CEO Saki Dodelson
Saki Dodelson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Oh, did I tell you that they also allow you to work from home which makes your life even better (in 7 reviews)

• Great product, great team, really nice, smart people (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Zero faith in upper management to make any major decisions-at all (in 6 reviews)

• Work-life balance is difficult to have when working here (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Work hard, be successful!"

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome location, friendly work environment, excellent time off, strong opportunity for advancement, and great benefits. The company rewards hard work!

Cons

There are busy/peak times in the year that you are expected to step up. This is something that motivates me, but not everyone can handle it. If you don't want to work hard, you won't do well here.

Advice to Management

Keep seeking out top talent! The company keeps growing and adding strong people to every team. It is fun to watch.

2. "Great Experience so far!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am enjoying my time with Achieve3000 so far! My interviews were great and I met with enthusiastic team members that share my passion for learning. From there, I did new hire training and learned everything I need to know about the product. I have only been here a little over a year and I know I made a great choice by joining this company!

Cons

I haven't seen any yet.

Advice to Management

Keep the friendly atmosphere going. This company is different from anywhere I have ever worked and it is refreshing!

3. "Educational sales, account, manager, trainer"

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time

Pros

The educational program is excellent!

Cons

It is my opinion that the company is short sighted with regard to rewarding and motivating their employees.

Advice to Management

I suggest the leadership remember that this company's success is, and will continue to be, built on the good works of your employees. Reward and treat them well!

4. "Awful!"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Lakewood, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Lakewood, NJ

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Credo to help children read at higher levels.

Cons

Credo is really to make money and there is a lack of compassion for customers and employees.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to a group that wants to build a culture that cares for customers and the employees.

5. "Don't believe the negativew reviews"

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits
    Above average compensation
    Unheard of vacation/PTO time
    Ample room for advancement

I'm not sure who the negative reviews are conducted by, but my guess it's by those who did not understand the company vision and were difficult to work with. I have been with Achieve3000 for 4 years, and I have seen many individuals advance. Those were are terminated, terminated themselves. There is no special treatment towards anyone, regardless what the reviews say. There is a lot of room for advancement within the organization.

The reviews and comments about the CEO couldn't be further from the truth. The CEO is in the office everyday when she isn't traveling to schools, and she speaks with and greets everyone. All members of upper management do the same. The culture and environment at Achieve3000 is very open, friendly, and accepting of everyone. It's ironic that I have been with this company 4 years, and I haven't experienced what some have claimed to experience in just 1 year.

Cons

The only con I can think of are having to change the misconception about Achieve3000 from these biased and discriminatory reviews. Achieve3000 changed my life.

Advice to Management

Don't worry about what the negative reviews claim.

6. "Curriculum and Implementation Manager"

Former Employee - Curriculum and Implementation Manager
    Former Employee - Curriculum and Implementation Manager

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time

Pros

decent salary, floating holidays, employee appreciation incentives, constant innovation with the product

Cons

extreme schedule and high expectations, working around the clock, requires passion, time, and energy

7. "Achieve3000 is Going Places"

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time

Pros

Achieve3000 is multi-million dollar enterprise, while still keeping a culture of a close knit family among the employees. The executives are attainable and listen to feedback. The training at Achieve3000 is top rate, and the company moves very fast and is successful. They trust their employees and promote from within.

Cons

If you are not willing to work hard at a quick pace this place is not for you. The company values honesty, integrity and nice people.

"Mixed Bag"

Pros

Wonderful & impactful product. Amazingly talented coworkers across departments. Great initial training. Learned a lot from my boss & teammates. Generous time off.

Cons

Work-life balance is difficult to have when working here. Very little appreciation from execs/upper management is shown, much less an acknowledgement that folks work their fingers to the bone; it seems that the expectation is you should/can always do more. If something goes wrong with a customer, upper management seems to want to pinpoint an Achieve employee with the blame instead of looking at the situation objectively and trying to learn/grow from the experience. Pricing seems to be unrealistic for continued renewal in many places. The rollout of new systems & processes are often done during peak season which just adds more work to learn the new information & in turn leads to frustration when it is already a challenge to get everything done during the week. Minimal chance for internal career advancement.

Advice to Management

Consider different pricing based on specific markets. Uppermost management needs a clear, executable vision that isn’t constantly changing & leaving employees feeling like they’re always in a state of limbo. Execs need to trust their leaders; everyone is not an expert at everything! Grow employees professionally & try to retain them instead of being complacent about the revolving door.

"Do not ignore the negative reviews!"

Current Employee - Field
    Current Employee - Field

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best product in the market- impactful and does what it claims to. Decent benefits and twice-yearly professional development trips.

Really, the pro is the brilliance of the product, and nothing else.

Cons

Where to begin?

Micromanagement, micromanagement, micromanagement... which appears to me a trickle-down effect. Upper level management is nuts, and everyone is lorded over. For a company whose employees are more than 50% remote, one would like to think that there is autonomy and trust to get the work done. Forget it. Not in this place. You will be told how to write emails, how to spend your work-from-home day (should you be lucky enough to have it not taken away from you), and how you should be maximizing your time in schools
    even if said schools explicitly say “we only want you here for 2 hours.” Good luck to you if your schools only want you booked for 1 hour- you must be doing something wrong then or not being pushy enough.

There is zero respect for employees’ time- often, meetings are held in evenings after 6pm, and there is an outrageously unreal expectation for how employees (especially those in implementation, which is roughly half of the company) should be accessible at all hours of the day- even weekends.

WORST work-life balance I have ever encountered. There is none and your managers will not encourage let alone respect it.

You don’t think these negative reviews are legitimate? Spend some time sussing out the common threads: unhappiness, micromanagement, negative company culture, unfair treatment of employees, incomprehensible workload expectations. This is REAL and it is very present. I am not a disgruntled employee who has been let go- I am very much a part of the company and I am experiencing each of these grievances almost daily.

There have also been a crazy high amount of resignations in just the past 3 months- many, many high level positions- and in some cases, people who have only been on the job for a matter of months are running for the hills.

Advice to Management

Introspection.

Stop the micromanaging or you will never have a faithful following of people who are loyal to your mission. We can tout Achieve as the greatest product on the market, but do not think for one minute that we would sacrifice self-respect and dignity in doing so.

"Sr leadership has no direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, NJ

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home and plenty of days off.

Cons

Senior leadership cant stay focused on anything. No 1 appears to be open to new ideas. People that have been around a while get very defensive when improvements are suggested. Revolving door in director/VP/SVP level management at corporate.

Benefits are very expensive.

Advice to Management

You won’t listen so I won’t bother.