Achieve3000 Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Achieve3000 Chief Executive Officer Stuart Udell
Stuart Udell
Pros
Cons
  • "Difficult to innovate because (1) everyone is in meetings all of the time and (2) upper management only trusts ideas that they think up(in 8 reviews)

• "Lot's of changes and no work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Happy Here Helping Students Improve their Literacy Skills"

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time

Pros

Achieve3000 offers the leading supplemental literacy product in the industry. The management team is committed to working together to help more kids, and to grow the business. The company has become more productive and efficient in the past year with changes to the leadership team, and is on a great strategic path.

Cons

There is a large amount of remote staff, which can be challenging, though the flexibility is a strength.

Achieve30002019-01-11
  2. "Great Mission and Exciting Company Changes"

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As posted in more than a few of these reviews, Achieve3000 has an incredible product, with a wonderful mission of helping students reach their true potential. Having come from a less rewarding field, it's nice to feel that your work every day is making a positive impact on the world. About a year ago, the company went through some executive management changes, which I believe to be for the best! As expected, there... have been some changes that not all are pleased about, but you can't make everyone happy. They have been actively working to improve company transparency with town hall meetings and company newsletters. They seek to improve employee morale, with implementing employee surveys to see what is important to us, and are using those to implement new initiatives. Obviously these are not things that can change overnight, but I am thrilled at the direction we seem to be heading and look forward to what this place will be like in a year! Also, definitely worth noting, they have a terrific vacation and holiday policy.

Cons

Petty, I know, but the parking lot at the Lakewood Office is sometimes a mess. But this shouldn't be an issue for too much longer!

Advice to Management

Continue on the path you've set us on, and hold to your promises of transparency and improving morale.

Achieve30002019-07-11

"Hope they've gotten their act together since"

Former Employee - Hidden in Newark, NJ

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some nice people, good compensation, flexibility to work from home

Cons

Bad management hires, lack of transparency

Advice to Management

More team building at top levels

Achieve30002019-11-20
  4. "Listen to reviews"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good base salary, good benefits

Cons

Micromanagement, micromanagement, micromanagement, micromanagement, micromanagement

Achieve30002019-11-22

"Feels like it gets worse and worse... and worse"

Current Employee - Implementation Team

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great colleagues with exceptional expertise. Willing to share ideas to help schools, teachers, students and account growth

Cons

There were hopes that new leadership would stabilize the company, rebuild trust and morale and improve the company overall. Most of the field team has resigned or is looking for other opportunities. Extremely poor management, unrealistic work/life balance and no attention to details. They are flying by the seat of their pants.

Advice to Management

No advice to give, as it wouldn't matter. They are not interested in hearing from the field, especially those hired before the leadership changed hands.

Achieve30002019-10-23

"I'm watching the company go from bad to worse"

Current Employee - Product

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with amazing people, good product, lots of vacation days

Cons

Having been around the company for over 6 years, I'm observing with great consternation a new pattern of policy coming from the leadership. It seems that there is animosity from the new leadership to anyone hired by the previous management, whom are mostly loyal and devoted employees. And the strangest thing is that it seems that HR is actually generating this culture, which leaves employees nobody to turn to. I'm... witnessing downright nasty behavior coming from the leadership and management is being very petty. Good employees are being fired without justification. I'm seriously considering looking elsewhere and I'm not surprised at the Grand Exodus happening around me.

Advice to Management

There are some of you who have capability of being good managers, but you have to get rid of the rotten apples amongst you. Appreciate your employees and reciprocate loyalty.

Achieve30002019-07-03
  7. "Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance, respect from management, affordable insurance, clear and decent vacation policy

Cons

Feeling isolated as a remote employee

Achieve30002019-06-23

"Not Recommended"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time

Pros

Generous time off. Great coworkers.

Cons

Poor leadership. Transparency and decency to the employees that make the company what it is would go a long way.

Advice to Management

Take the opportunity to lead with integrity and empower your team, and you'll see the results tenfold.

Achieve30002019-07-04

"Not Recommended"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

I have been working at Achieve3000 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice coworkers, good team collaboration.

Cons

POOR LEADERSHIP is all I can say. The leadership team is short sighted and don't care about company morale. They took away the perks that make people happy, like the $200 Holiday gift card and various other gestures of appreciation. They don't look at the big picture of running a healthy company, where people are happy to work. They are not accommodating and don't have any work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Look past your egos and realize what is happening to your company. There is a reason why people are flocking out. If you want to run a successful company, you need to keep your employees happy.

Achieve30002019-07-02

"New Owners/Management, Going to Hell in a Handbasket"

Former Employee - Copy Writer in Lakewood, NJ

I worked at Achieve3000 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Product is good, time off generous

Cons

New owners/managers don't know or care about employees (unlike founders, who made the workplace feel like family). New chiefs do not want to hear ideas from staff, are extremely unorganized and petulant when employees point out inconsistencies or potential improvements.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself, you aren't that great.

Achieve30002019-06-11