Achievers Reviews | Glassdoor

David Brennan
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • young, cliquey (like high school as some of the other reviews stated) (in 4 reviews)

• it's just another big, slow software company (in 4 reviews)

1. "Move on"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Achievers is a great place for someone who has no experience and just wants a paycheck.

Cons

My team lead, constant change, gossip, no balance, favoritism.

Advice to Management

We believe in the concept of recognition but please make sure it is fair and not a popularity contest. Everyone is working hard and trying to be their best.

"Customer Success Manager"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager

I worked at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left!

Ability to work from home and avoid the social clique and childishness of staff.

Cons

Don't practice what they preach. Disorganized organization and outlook. Cliquey, unwelcome staff and leadership.
    Rampant workplace gossip.
    Unequal pay, no inflation raises.
    Very little opportunity for advancement.
    Leadership has been promoted from within and has little to no development or coaching experience.
    Little evidence to show that the company is truly determined to "change the way the world works". Just squeeze as much money out of its customers as possible.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Be the progressive company you "sell yourselves" to be. Stop picking favourites and stop workplace gossip rather than participating in it.

"Terrible service, marketing machine that spams customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Based in San Francisco. Fun people.

Cons

No personal growth enabled, the company is all vapor-ware. They create all these white-papers that are filled with non-valid proofs of employee engagement. Their webinar machine is the best, even when people call in to request to unsubscribe we don't remove them from our lists. This is another typical startup that won't be able to grow and is royally become a marketing house.

Advice to Management

Get real.

Jun 4, 2014 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your time in sharing your valuable feedback.

Achievers aspires to follow “best practice” in every aspect of marketing. Our Brand and Demand... More

"Interesting how positive reviews come in Bulk?"

Pros

Food and drink options are good. There can be an element of fun there as long as Senior Management likes you.

Cons

Company has a High School feel to it, either your "in", or you are uncomfortable. Employees are asked (especially when they first start) to write positive reviews on Glass Door, thus the bulk reviews.

Advice to Management

Allow people the freedom to take time out without guilt. Family is important to some people.

"Be wary, unless your title starts with a "C""

I worked at Achievers full-time

Pros

You will get to work with a lot of smart people. There are some nice benefits, including using their own product. Lots of branded swag, if you like that sort of thing.

Cons

Favoritism and nepotism abound! Senior hires have brought along coworkers from previous organizations who don't go through the interview process, and end up as overpaid waste. More tenured leaders are too scared to stand up to the new hires & get walked all over. Culture is seriously failing, at a company about building culture!

All those smart people I mentioned in my Pros -- they are smart, but unless they are someone's favorite, their ideas and suggestions will be ignored. So much amazing talent is going to waste at Achievers because not everyone is in the 'inner circle'.

The employees are motivated by fear, and not by passion. (Hence all the good reviews on here are only from current employees who are scared to say otherwise. Same goes for me -- I was too scared to write my review until after I left.)

Advice to Management

To the tenured senior management -- stand up for yourselves, and your employees! The recent senior hires are bringing moral and productivity down.

To the newer senior management -- check your ego at the door. If you need an executive assistant or first class flights, go work for a Fortune500 organization. Your ego is only making this company worse.

"Poor excuse for a company"

I worked at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food like every other startup in SF.
    Colleagues are nice and friendly, but you definitely have to make an effort to fit in with the team which means drinking the "kool-aid."

Cons

This company is a complete oxymoron. All they do is pitch employee engagement and recognition, yet I have never worked at a company with worse morale or turnover. The management team is all about telling you how great the company is, yet their actions do not support that. In my career, I have learned that a strong company consists of a strong leadership team who has the experience and vision to lead a company in the right direction, a product that works, and employees who are smarter than you. This company has none of that. Also, it is run more like a fraternity than a company, where culture is forced down your throat. Their "culture" is defined by spending 24 hours a day together, partying on the weekends, and not the shared values of the employees. Those who hang out with Razor are given preferential treatment and growth is not based on talent. Unfortunately, you don't realize how unhealthy the environment is until you leave. Given how much hiring is going on in tech these days, I would strongly recommend avoiding this company at all costs.

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you very much for your feedback. Rest assured that when hiring our employees, we ensure that we see a fit within our culture. As we hold a strong cultural compass, you will find that many of... More

7. "Things have changed"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home flexibility , breakfast, work events, location.

Cons

Work politics
    It does not matter how hard you work- If you don't "fit in" with the "crew" you will not succeed.
    The leaders are biased towards a few individuals from the team and if they like you then your time at Achievers is successful and you will grow. If they don't like you then they will do everything in their power to make your life hell.
    I hate to say this but I agree with a lot of other reviews on Glassdoor about the organization. Things have changed and not for the better.
    Achievers WAS a great place to work but with all the politics and drama it is just not worth spending my time here.

Advice to Management

WAKE UP

"Not Worth It"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Achievers full-time

Pros

Free snacks, and the company does interesting events from time to time provided you are allowed to participate in them.

Cons

There is no amount of snacks or cool activities that will make up for the way I felt working at Achievers. The management was pretty horrendous, and the gossip and cliques are rampant. What seems to be a great company from the outside all changes once you start working there.

Advice to Management

Truly take into account what people are saying. I brought up so many things I felt were unfair that were simply swept under the rug because I wasn't part of the clique.

"Pure hypocrisy"

I worked at Achievers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

salary is paid on time

Cons

their culture is pure hypocrisy. They make you work 10+ hours a day without overtime pay, and they give you recognition of what, $5 worth? and they kept saying how amazing their recognition program is.
    Yes they have celebration events but they are cheap and rarely happen.
    my manager, however, come at 9, leave at 5, sometimes 3 pm. and would chat with us from instant messengers just to see if you are still in the office working overtime. the leaders all seem to care about you, but they only want to make sure you are working like a slave.
    no promotion whatsoever after years of my extremely hard work. no appreciation of talents. They honestly think they are the best and you owe them a lot.
    If you ever leave the company, they will feel you abandoned them and will not like you anymore. They will ignore how hard you have been working for them and will even make up stories to insult you. I heard enough of them trash talking those who left. Now since I'm gone, I heard from my co-workers that my manager still often said awful things about me and said to give bad reference if I applied for any future jobs.
    If you complain, they will tag you as "not a good cultural fit" and they will let you go. The leaders hold 1-on-1 meetings with employees regularly for you to give suggestions with an open heart but it's all fake, in fact if you complain anything, they will remember you by heart and will almost guarantee your miserable future.
    oh there is one VP who loves stalking on people's facebook and constantly make fun of everyone, telling awkward jokes and we have to laugh and pretend to be happy. I feel sorry for him being so unprofessional without knowing his team actually hates him.
    almost all of my previous teammates have left, and the rest are thinking about leaving soon. They are smart and I'm sure they will have a better life than those who stay.

Advice to Management

Treat people the way you want to be treated.

"Sycophants rejoice!"

Pros

Free food and casual dress are nice, as are the perks along the way.

Cons

This is the place where all standard modes of operation you've previously experienced mean nothing. If you've passed the screening and intense interview cycles and they make you an offer, think long and hard before accepting.

If your intent is to work hard at playing politics, then accept the offer.

However, if your intent is to work hard and focus on output instead of playing 'the game', then take a pass.

Advice to Management

Clear out the self-serving 'leaders' and practice what you preach.

Oct 9, 2013 – Employee Success Representative

Thank you for your valued review. We too recommend that you think long and hard before accepting any job opportunity. A high-tech, high-growth organization is not for the weak of heart. We look for... More