Achievers Reviews | Glassdoor

Achievers General Manager David Brennan
David Brennan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Because things are constantly changing, much of the work is last-minute tasks with close deadlines (in 4 reviews)

• young, cliquey (like high school as some of the other reviews stated) (in 4 reviews)

1. "Sales"

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every single person at Achievers is incredibly passionate about the company, the space and the development of their peers. There is such a culture of positivity and everyone truly wants to help each other succeed. Additionally, Achievers is a very "flat" organization- meaning there is visibility on your contributions throughout the entire company. Senior management knows exactly who you are and how hard you work. There are also an abundance of opportunities. I've had the chance to work with several different departments and am constantly impressed by the amazing work they do.

Cons

Sometimes things can get a little crazy with new employees, new leadership and new customers but growth is really not a terrible problem to have

Advice to Management

Make sure we don't lose this amazing culture with all the changes and growth. And please don't move the San Francisco office to Pleasanton!

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great product and customer base is incredible. Customer satisfaction is unlike anywhere I've experienced. Leadership is also open and transparent for the most part.

Cons

At times, the organization gets confused on what good communication looks like. At times we are over communicated to but it's not always quality.

San Francisco office continually sits in limbo in terms of if it will continue or not which is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Don't let Blackhawk ruin the culture - David Brennan talked about a reverse cultural take over 2+ years ago - It'd be great to see that continue to happen.

Speed of innovation on the product. There are soooo many new competitors coming into the space which is great to see validation but also frustrating to feel like at times we're reacting instead of leading the conversation to prospects. Let's not become the slow to react incumbent that so often happens in a maturing market

3. "Prove Your Worth with Achievers"

Current Employee - Customer Success Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Achievers really is a company that puts the power in the employees hands. Your role is what you make of it. They give you almost full collaborative control on how to approach your position and encourage innovative thought process. There is a lot of transparency around issues when needed and everyone is willing to lend a hand when you ask. Career growth is apart of the culture here, from the leadership team down and employees are encouraged to apply for open roles on a regular basis. If you are a person that needs a lot of guidelines and structure, this may not be the company for you. Achievers is a workplace where it is easy to prove your worth if you are a hardworking, talented individual, who puts 100% into everything they do!

Cons

There definitely is room for improvement when it comes to standardizing training for different roles. It seems like they have come a LONG way from other start-up companies and if they continue in this fashion, things will turn around soon. At the moment, it demands for a proactive person in order to piece together what each role really entails. Also, negative news can sometimes be swept under the rug, such as people leaving or changes in teams.

Advice to Management

Communication is key!

4. "Full Steam Ahead..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• World class talent at all levels
    • Laser focus on customer satisfaction
    • Strong product and support teams
    • Top notch tools for all roles and positions
    • Open communication and culture

Cons

• Can be optimistic to a fault
    • Remote employees can be slightly ostracized
    • Fair amount of change in Leadership ranks recently especially in Sales and Marketing

Advice to Management

Keep it UP!!! The team is great and open to feedback. Yet to have someone tell me no or refuse to help with any situation. Only thing I can ask is to ensure that feedback is fair and real, try to steer away from the rose colored glasses that I see applied from time to time.

"Sales"

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, solid management team (both senior leadership and frontline managers), fun/progressive/transparent culture, cool product that actually delivers ROI for customers and improves the quality of people's lives. Biggest pro is the amazing people who work here.

Cons

The downside to having a chronically encouraging/positive work culture is that there's a pattern of people in the company straying away from providing constructive feedback. Also, the employees of the parent company, Blackhawk, tend to have the mentality of government workers so it can be frustrating to deal with HR and legal.

Advice to Management

The key to our success is lies within continuing to be honest and transparent with the employee base. The fact that you treat us like humans, listen to us, and admit when you made a mistake is so rare and respectable. That's what makes loyal employees! Let's not forget that.

6. "Great company"

I have been working at Achievers full-time

Pros

Favorite thing about the company is the people and the culture. Its truly an organization that invest in having the right people that align with their values. The environment is fun but highly productive while consistently creating new best practices.

Cons

Two offices; one in SF and one in Toronto. Doesn't affect the day to day but makes you wonder what the other office is doing.

7. "Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Achievers as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and interesting people

Cons

Limited opportunities to grow because it is a relatively small company

8. "Fast-paced company with lots of excitement"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing and the leadership seems to care about the employees. The daily meetings are a great way to keep the company up to date, and most importantly sales are increasing steadily. Promotions and internal movement seem to be a regular thing. The medical and dental benefits are REALLY good. Everyone just seems to have a really good positive attitude which makes it easy to come into work everyday.

Cons

No matching 401K. Because it is an open area, it can get a bit noisy, but nothing that headsets won't take care of.

Advice to Management

Keep the growth coming and the emphasis on sales. Continue to foster internal growth and provide opportunities to advance within the company.

9. "A company you want to be a part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture.
    Fantastic, smart people.
    Growing company and exciting growth in industry.
    Very generous benefits. Amazing start at 4 week vacation.
    Promotes from within and focused on company values.
    A serious contender and leader in the recognition technology space.

Cons

Moves fast - not for everyone.
    A lot of change (if you consider it a con).
    Leadership has changed a few times recently - but decisions made to move things forward positively.

Advice to Management

Scale culture because of rapid growth

"Amazing internship experience!"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Achievers as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly enjoy coming to work everyday! Achievers has a positive, upbeat and super friendly environment that made me feel at home almost immediately. As an intern, I feel like I hit the jackpot. I am learning extremely useful skills and building my resume daily. (No coffee runs for this internship!) I have been challenged with projects, and even get to interact with higher level management (VP level). On Friday afternoons there is social drinking in the office which has allowed me to get to know co-workers from different departments. As if that wasn't enough- you also get free lunch everyday, which was a huge bonus in my book. I am gaining amazing experience at a growing company. Can't stop bragging about how great my internship is!

Cons

If you don't like being social or meeting new people you would probably not do well in this environment. Also, things are always changing so adaptability is a must!

Advice to Management

None