Achilles Information Reviews | Glassdoor

Achilles Information Reviews

Updated Oct 21, 2019

3.3
Achilles Information CEO Jay Katzen (no image)
Jay Katzen
Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of respect from senior management mixed with their desperation to push a failing plan through makes this company a depressing place to work(in 10 reviews)

• "In 2013 there was also a high staff turnover which naturally played a role in a change in atmosphere for the business(in 7 reviews)

"Experience in 3 different areas in Achilles Peru for 5 years ."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Peru, IN

I have been working at Achilles Information full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Facilities in the way of work. Communication channels have improved. Great opportunities to meet with colleagues in other countries.

Cons

Focus more on staff training. Greater commitment of ll areas. Infraestructure improvements (avaya)

Advice to Management

Consider items mentioned .

Achilles Information2018-06-20

"Red hot chili pepper"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Achilles Information full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady paycheck. Dont worry about job stability

Cons

Making calls instead of collecting money is stupid

Advice to Management

Whoever the idiot is telling employees to make calls which will bring revenue in. Is duummer than trump. Because it is not bringing the money in. Lol. Jay is dum.

Achilles Information2018-12-28

"Customer Service"

I have been working at Achilles Information full-time

Pros

My colleagues are great and work so hard but we are human and it is tough

Cons

The business has potential but sadly managers and senior staff are not working collectively and are purely batting for themselves. If you complain you get ousted or are considered a difficult employee especially in some teams that are led by a team member who is protected. The leaders need to be bought into the business for the long term and that isn't the case. Most of the team are from years ago so it is... same old same old.

Advice to Management

Take a long hard look at the environment and see what has 'really' changed. Lots of activity doesn't necessarily mean lots of progress. Do what you say, which sounds good, rather than sharing what we already know.

Achilles Information2018-06-18

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Customer Onboarding Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Achilles Information full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will meet some great people. Just don't get attached to them. And if you are a business student, this place is a treasure trove of lessons on what not to do.

Cons

If you are honest, hardworking, and/or talented, stay FAR AWAY from this company. The service Achilles provides revolves around their proprietary software, and it is a bug-riddled embarrassment to the internet. The members of management tend to be inept, corrupt, or bullies. The one good thing this company has going for it is the exceptional workers who make up for the faulty product and backwards environment,... but these are the very people the company treats the worst. Most have been driven away in one manner or another. Opportunities for promotion are rare, and even if it comes up for you, this also means you will need to become further enmeshed in this company’s warped office politics. If you take the promotion but keep your honesty, you will probably lose your job. If you are good at what you do, this company will not fail to punish you for it. I was there four years and saw it every time. This company does not DESERVE to have anyone that is good. If you are mediocre and good at taking abuse while keeping your head down, you can last for a long time at Achilles. I will leave that up to you to decide if that is how you would like to live. If you are some twisted bureaucrat, you will probably find your heaven here, but I predict that even this heaven will be short lived. While this company spends its days driving away its linchpin employees and reacting to the latest debilitating glitch in their software, their competition Avetta gets stronger and stronger. You would be better off finding a job in the government.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics and some decency. If you view your job as just a party or a paycheck, then fine. But stay out of the way of the hard working and honest people who keep you afloat.

Achilles Information2017-01-23

"Business Development"

I worked at Achilles Information

Pros

Good company to work for. Great benefits and vacation time. Never had any issues with anyone.

Cons

None to report. During my tenure everything went well.

Achilles Information2016-09-29

"Waste of Time/Pay is Horrible/Relax and find something better"

Current Employee - Telesales Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Achilles Information full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid Medical Healthcare, relax until you find something better-

Cons

Very unorganized, email and phones are never working at the same time-Bad Compensation If you're a Professional Salesperson do not let them Con you into taking this job. It is not a serious job. This company is from the UK representing Shell. If Shell knew what a poor job they are really doing they would not pay them for performance. The work environment is slow paced and lacks professioanalism. A kid out of... High School can do this job. Don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Tell the truth about the compensation, benefits, and the overall job

Achilles Information2012-05-23

"Great company to work for and exciting times ahead"

Former Employee - Market Research Manager in Abingdon, England

I worked at Achilles Information full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved the friendly atmosphere in the office and the fact my team felt like a small family - I was very well supported throughout my time at Achilles. It was great to see young, smart people progressing in the company very quickly - with talent being recognised and opportunities given to those with the ability and desire to progress. Generally speaking, everyone at the company seemed proactive in wanting to 'make... things work' and were willing to dig in when needed to get a job done. The CEO is passionate and cares about his people - his door is always open and he's very willing to spend time with people at all levels within the organisation.

Cons

Sometimes major strategic projects appeared to make "business as usual" work more challenging than usual.

Advice to Management

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to work for Achilles - you have some great, talented people committed to improving the business and I wish the organisation every success in the future.

Achilles Information2019-10-21
  8. "Team manager"

Former Employee - Team Manager in Mumbai

I worked at Achilles Information full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Its a good brand to work with

Cons

not well organised, decisions keep changing every now and then

Advice to Management

Good coordination among senior management. Keep politics and personal grudges at bay

Achilles Information2019-10-09

"Best company to work with"

I have been working at Achilles Information full-time

Pros

There are many pro's , right from Building your Career to Personal development

Cons

no cons everything is very good

Achilles Information2019-09-20

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Abingdon, England

I have been working at Achilles Information full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great focus on training and development.

Cons

Regular organisation changes create uncertainty.

Achilles Information2019-09-09