Acme Brick "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Acme Brick Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated 24 Mar 2019

3.1
Acme Brick CEO Dennis Knautz (no image)
Dennis Knautz
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours, very hot work environment(in 3 reviews)

• "401k, pension, car program, etc have been slashed, pay raises nonexistent(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Acme brick is a good company to work for."

Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Acme Brick

Pros

Stable job in slow economy, Great management, with great benefits. Also have an execellent support staff. Management gets the slow economy and does everthing possible for all sales reps to be successful.

Cons

Not many however economy is somewhat slow. Would like to see a better marketing department. Some of the samples are slightly below average.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the economy will pick up eventually.

Acme Brick2008-11-19
  2. "Company Downsizing"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Acme Brick full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and brand awareness

Cons

Company recently announced closures across several states...manufacturing and sales offices. Be careful applying for anything outside of Texas, where there is no loyalty, nor a specific plan regarding the closures.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATION...believe it or not, it works! Continuous bad hires by the same management team should be recognized and addressed.

Acme Brick2019-03-24
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"If you don’t mind being a doormat...."

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Jackson, MS

I worked at Acme Brick full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, Decent wages, My co-workers were great

Cons

Associates who do the most work for Acme are not recognized as assets, everyone is just a number that will assist the management in getting bonuses and company-wide emails acknowledging “their” hard work. Do not expect to be praised or rewarded for your hard work. Training is greatly lacking. Raises or promotions are laughable. All levels of management stick together NO MATTER WHAT (including HR), even when they are... knowingly in the wrong.

Advice to Management

Quit brown-nosing each other and treat your associates like they deserve to be treated—because without them, Acme wouldn’t be where it is right now.

Acme Brick2018-11-18

"Worst place"

Former Employee - Customer Service/Inside Sales in Temple, TX

I worked at Acme Brick full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer great benefits and perks

Cons

Ran by poor management, they should offer employees better pay.

Advice to Management

Work on your people skills, learn to treat everyone equally. Reach out to your employees for their concerns, thoughts and views. When you have a turn over rate look at your office manager, that's where the problem is. If you have a bad boss how can keep good employees? Based off my bad experience here, I will never give positive reviews on acme. I was the only bilingual person there and I brought this to the... attention of the regional manager and HR. They knew that Texas has tons of non speaking customers. They did not want to pay me for bilingual, but expected me to use my skills. I should have reported them to EEOC, but I ended up finding a better place, better pay and where they value their employees. Til this day I'm shocked that HR allowed management to treat me with such discrimination. Shame on Acme brick management.

Acme Brick2017-03-30