Acosta Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Acosta President, CEO, and Director Robert Hill
Robert Hill

Pros
  • Co-workers supportive, good work/life balance (in 55 reviews)

• Great supervisor, flexible schedule , great benefits (in 80 reviews)

Cons
  • Over worked & underpaid no raises (in 163 reviews)

• Not something I would recommend in a full time capacity (in 54 reviews)

1. "Sales and service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Acosta part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Part time hrs. My manager was awsome.

Cons

Travel pay wasnt good. Didnt pay for ware and tear on my car. Benifits wernt good

Advice to Management

Be more flexable and give better benifits

"Disappointed......Could Easily Be So Much Better!"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Acosta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits package, large company, handles huge clients.

Cons

Company news letters, etc with lots of communication of "fluff" but so silo-ed that communication to staff positions regarding business is really non-existent. Trying to get a list of key contacts within the company who can help with issues in your function is like trying to steal gov't secrets. After 11 months, I had amassed a total of 6 phone numbers to call for issues. No teamwork or communication regarding projects. Results are about numbers - not quality. Very poor execution of acquisitions which is their method of growing the company. Staffing's methodology for filling open positions at low levels is almost nothing more than checking for breath & mobility.

Advice to Management

Had so much hope when we were acquired that now we would have what was needed to really achieve. Soooo disappointed from the start that a company who grows by acquiring smaller companies was so very bad at executing an acquisition. Try harder to remember that you are an organization made up of PEOPLE - not widgets. Most of us want desperately to do a great job so give us the tools and information we need so we can deliver best in class results for you. Create a culture of listening and of collaboration. Don't underestimate the POWER of teamwork & sharing information so that everyone is prepared to do their best heading into a project. Trading on the size of the company will only take you so far if you can't execute. You've got everything you need to be an employer of choice, you just don't know what to do with it.

"Hit or Miss With Everything"

Former Employee - Business Manager Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Manager Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Acosta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free samples on occasion, especially if you could get in tight with a business manager. Some teammates were really pleasant to work with.

Cons

Little room for advancement - I was told after I didn't receive an offer to a better job that they would understand if "I started to look elsewhere for employment." At that point I did start looking because the management team obviously didn't value my contributions. Pay is sub par for the industry - no raises and bonuses were a joke (less than 2% of yearly salary). No way to move to new positions within the company - they always hired "favorites" and it was clear who was favored. One manager at my office told me that employees could not socialize and that you can to work only to work no outside chatting around the water cooler. That made for a very miserable work environment. I was bullied out of my office for making a friend to eat lunch with daily and for being too focused and thinking outside the norms for the office. Almost had to get a lawyer involved for discrimination. Once I found greener pastures I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Run in the other direction.

Advice to Management

Definitely work to retain the creative thinkers - the people who want to change things up and make operations run smoother. Pay raises would be a huge perk - there were people on my team who hadn't gotten a raise in 6 years! Work on the people skills of management, they treat employees horribly and expect them to stick around.

"Flexibility with Educational Benefits"

Current Employee - Business Insights in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Insights in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Acosta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The most flexible brokerage in the industry that I have experienced (many years in the industry). The greatest benefit I have found is the opportunity of education; not only in a broad tuition reimbursement program but also with Skillsoft online learning platform for advancement certifications - future personal asset whether advancing with Acosta or another company. The 401K does have a corp. match % and the health benefits included a corp reimbursement incentive program. Employees are recognized for accomplishments.

Cons

Lacking in monetary pay compensation; raises (merit or cost-of-living), bonus. Initial training is lacking for some positions due to demographics of managers and employees along with workload (this goes with the brokerage territory).

Advice to Management

The economy is at a rise, the decrease in the price of gas is not a pay-check raise, high-turnover due to low pay is not worth losing amazing people. Our clients deserve the best people to keep them both maybe consider our actual paycheck.

6. "Great for the resume"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Acosta full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One of the largest brokers in the country, great opportunities for networking and learning the industry, decent benefits

Cons

Poor pay and bonus incentives

Advice to Management

Work closer to with your team and push them to promote quickly

7. "Business Insights Manager"

Current Employee - Business Insights Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Insights Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Acosta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work life balance, friendly co-workers. I have only been here a few months, but so far I really like it. I feel valued and appreciated.

Cons

have not met my manager in person, only have talked on the phone. Would be nice to be able to travel to the markets that i have accounts in.

Showing 6 of 1,109 reviews