Acosta Reviews | Glassdoor

1,161 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,161 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • People are great and work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• Great supervisor, flexible schedule , great benefits (in 87 reviews)

Cons
  • Heavy workload no raises or bonuses (in 172 reviews)

• low pay but they don't ask for much (in 61 reviews)

1. "Unique Job"

I have been working at Acosta part-time

Pros

Independent work environment, decent pay per hour, mileage/drive time pay, get some neat perks depending on your position/team.

Cons

Some manager are under-qualified for their positions, lacking communication on company-wide base, hours fluctuate some due to work load, constant electronics issues that consistently go unaddressed, technology is frustrating to work with.

Advice to Management

Communiacte, educate, train, and assist your employees. Don't negate your responsibilities as a leader (not a boss, there's a difference).

2. "wonderful loved working for acosta i would go back if they were hiring, not one bad exsperence"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Acosta full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

get the chance to interact with new people bonuses self motivated always paid on time gas and hotel card for your out of town area's could go on for hours with pro's

Cons

truly cant think of any

Advice to Management

your doing great job keep staying in contact at least I day a week with employee's

3. "Retail sales"

I have been working at Acosta full-time

Pros

Good culture, flexible management team.

Cons

The annual performance review process is very thorough and professionally done, but results in essentially subjective decisions on merit increases.

poor performance is not addressed, great performance is not recognized.

Management doesn't like to hear bad news / the truth.

Advice to Management

Address performance issues, and base salary increases on merit.

4. "Acosta"

I have been working at Acosta full-time

Pros

People are great and work life balance

Cons

Pay isn't the best it could be

5. "Acosta allows management to bully and disrepect their emoloyees."

I have been working at Acosta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, lots of movement, variety in jobs

Cons

Poor managememt, lots of unnecessary drive time, does not give raises

Advice to Management

Management needs to respect and be kind to their good employees. Acosta CEO should go on the show Undercover Boss so that he can see how some management bullies and disrespects their employees.

6. "review"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Acosta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible work schedule, great co-workers

Cons

Low pay
    management doesn't listen to employees needs

7. "Acosta"

I have been working at Acosta full-time

Pros

Acosta provides a wide range of benefits

Cons

No room for growth and no pay increases ever

8. "Loved my job until..."

Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Retail Coverage Merchandiser

I have been working at Acosta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work independently, not micromanaged, full time benefits are very good

Cons

Territory and hours change every six months. This time I was lowered to Part Time because of their clients and their excuses. Yet, they make the territory and hours. While others in my previous territory got to keep their Full Time position. Was given two weeks notice. I'm a single mother of two. And all benefits cut to Part Time too. No pay raises ever but, I new that going in four years ago.
    Alot of down time. My job turned into a glorified stocker more then anything else. Which is difficult in many ways.

Advice to Management

While policy is to align with clients after 4 years of dedicated loyal service you shouldn't cut people like you did. While others got to keep their full time positions with no rhyme or reason. They just got lucky that their name wasn't picked out of a hat. I shouldn't feel penalized on the large territory and hours I was given in Feb. yet, the person on my previous territory is safe staying Full Time. I realize you are thinking about your bottom line and it's obvious you don't care about years of dedication and loyalty and what you are doing to families. I feel you only cut people to Part Time instead of laying them off in order to get them to quit so you wouldn't have to pay out big time for unemployment on all of us.

9. "job very flexible"

I worked at Acosta part-time

Pros

not too many pros with this job

Cons

it is a very flexible job

10. "I switched to this company... for this?"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative

I have been working at Acosta part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Semi choose what days off you want
    Paid vacation
    Relatively easy hiring process

Cons

... So many. Too many to list. I came to Acosta from a rival marketing company with the promise of a raise in pay and considerably more hours than my current position. So with a heavy heart I switched companies, looking forward to a bright future with Acosta Sales & Marketing. What I discovered was a blanket of lies and deceit that was completely baffling. I was hired in as a part time employee (promised 26-32 hours a week), but in my time working with this company I have only gone under 32 hours once, and in fact more often than not I come in at 39-40 hours a week. I say 39-40 hours a week but what I mean is 45-50 hours, only the rest is not paid for. We are told strictly to stay within the 40 hour time frame, which would be easy enough - however they have unrealistic expectations for their representatives. Somehow they think we can fit 50+ hours of work into 40 hours... but still get every call done to Acosta Gold Star Standards. Which is, in fact, impossible. Also the company insists that you edit your drive time to fit within budgeted hours - so basically they make you work off the clock.

Other things - I say paid vacation but you're kidding yourself if you think that actually means you can take a day off. I have scheduled vacation days - had those days approved by management - only to have them snatched away because 'we don't have anyone to cover your calls.' I have gone for three weeks without a day off simply trying to cover all projects. I have bent over backwards for this company and get absolutely no respect for it, or any thanks.

I think the cherry on top of everything about this can be summed up to current happenings with employees (including myself). As I above stated, I work 40 hours almost every week. However, earlier this year my company registered hours (the base hours that determine benefits and estimates) were reduced to 16. 16 hours when I work 40. Which resulted in me losing my insurance coverage - non of which Acosta informed me of, nor did they inform payroll as the cost of my benefits was still being taken out of my check until I realized I wasn't covered. I am *still* waiting to be reimbursed.

As a final note: A word of caution to those who would open up business relations with Acosta. They do not care about your product. You think I'm joking but I'm really not. They care about the money they make off of you - and the system typically goes whoever pays the most is at highest priority and if you don't pay enough they SAY they'll have your product merchandised, etc. but it will never happen. Furthermore there are a ton of conflicts of interest between companies. I will not name names, but I know that until recently Acosta was holding council with two different rival companies - all the while keeping the two separate so that they wouldn't get in trouble.

To put it simply: This company is corrupt and only after your money.

Advice to Management

There is so much I want to say. So much but... I honestly don't even think I should bother. Saying something has never gotten me anywhere with this company. The unfairness that has been brought down upon not only me, but other employees is just to put plainly, wrong. But, as always, it is only about money to you - never about treating people fairly or with respect.

But here you go. Here's a list.

1. Value your employees. We are the face of the company. You may have made your deals with the clients but we're the ones that bring those deals to fruition.

2. Create a better way of handling projects. This isn't even as an employee but someone who feels bad for the companies that have dealings with you. It is unfair that there are some clients that never get serviced simply because you want us to cut corners.

3. Do not lie about your employees hours just to get out of them getting insurance. Like, what kind of scumbag does that?

4. Make sure your managers are trained in all areas that they are supposed to manage in.

5. Reward those who put in extra effort. A little bit of appreciation goes a long way.

6. Stick to company policies. Often times what I'm told by management conflicts heavily with what is in company policy.

7. For store based reps/jobs - have them work on a store by store basis with hours. This is a request from me and most of the team I'm on. Normally it is difficult to get things done during business hours and often times stores will request we come in later in the day which is, of course, against company policy - which is why I say store-by-store policy.

There is more, but honestly I'm so upset as I write this. I hope for my sake, for your sake, for our client's sake that you listen to these reviews and make changes to your company. We have all suffered enough.

Showing 1,161 of 1,182 reviews