Acosta Reviews | Glassdoor

1,159 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,159 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • People are great and work life balance (in 57 reviews)

• Great supervisor, flexible schedule , great benefits (in 87 reviews)

Cons
  • Heavy workload no raises or bonuses (in 172 reviews)

• low pay but they don't ask for much (in 61 reviews)

"A job that uses you"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Acosta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can schedule around your personal life like appointments and part time work elsewhere.

Cons

Terrible turn over in management as well as coworkers. By the time you put on unrealistic mileage on your own vehicle, YOU are paying to work for them.
    I was full time, put to part time, put back to full time, back to part time. Sleeping on eggshells every night, wondering if they were going to give me more mileage and cut my hours.

"Flexible but little compensation"

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Mobile, AL

I worked at Acosta part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was flexible which is what lured me in
    Manager was nice but had a full plate with so many to supervise

Cons

Will wear your car out with very little compensation
    Co we were contracted out by changed requirements to full time only 8-5. No pay raise. No more compensation for use of vehicle. In the past you could receive $250-300 for use of vehicle if full time.

3. "Great Experience"

Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Roanoke, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandising Specialist in Roanoke, TX

I worked at Acosta part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for a flexible schedule. Manager for the flex and fixed team does a great job to help everyone stay on track and always updated us when there is information that needs to be passed down. I recommend this position to anyone in the Dallas/FortWorth Area

Cons

A lot of driving depending on which department you are working for. There wasn't really anything I disliked about this position and management. Personal life didn't allow me to drive to many different places anymore which is why it's a con.

Advice to Management

Not really much to say, as I said our manager Duane did his job to make sure we stayed on track and were up to date as I explained on the pros. Appreciate the opportunity to work here!

4. "Great Start"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative Co in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative Co in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Acosta (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to start your sales career

Cons

Low hours/ Mileage program sucks

Advice to Management

Change up from the mileage program Motis.

5. "Retail continuity merchandiser"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Acosta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health insurance options are excellent.

Cons

Base pay is low , and is not based on past experience

6. "Acosta"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Acosta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love my Manager shes super helpful

Cons

Would like more Acosta involvement

7. "Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Acosta full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing Supervisor and team communication

Cons

Lay-offs due to outsourcing and automation

8. "Horrible company"

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Lakewood, NJ
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Lakewood, NJ

I worked at Acosta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I started there 18 yrs ago, they were a fun place to work.

Cons

No pay increases, New hires paid more than older employees. No personal interaction with people in the field.

Advice to Management

Go back to basics, treat employees with respect. You'll get harder workers that way.

9. "Not a good corporate environment right now...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Acosta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Standard health insurance costs.
    Free Folgers coffee.
    The food trucks are nice.
    Glad that we had a company Christmas party this year. That was nicely done.

Cons

Unless you're an executive, you'll be sitting at a cube from 1986 in a chair from 1996 using a computer from 2006. Unfortunately, there are some serious growing pains for this company right (Q1 2017) now. There is no clear vision for the future of Acosta. They continue to hire and fire employees and contractors (so many!) So that there is little consistency as it relates to being in a stable work environment. And that doesn't include the people who are leaving because they've figured out that there are many better companies to work for here in Jacksonville. Maybe they'll figure this out in a few years?

Advice to Management

Create some consistency.

10. "Just a Totally Surreal Experience"

Former Employee - Impact Retail Service Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Impact Retail Service Merchandiser in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Acosta part-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I can think of

Cons

I received a call from a Mosaic recruiter asking if I would be interested in a job as an Impact retail merchandiser with Acosta Sales and Marketing. Recruiter gave a general description of the job and said he would pass on my interest in the job to the area manager who would contact me within 48 hours. Four days go by and I got a call from an unknown number and then a few minutes later from the recruiter's number. I could not answer either call and no message was left.

A week later contacted the recruiter and said I still had not heard from the area manager. Recruiter stated would call him and he would get back to me. Nothing. A few days later just called the unknown number and it turns out to be manager's number which I had suspected due to the timing of the two calls. We spoke about the job and he said he had others to interview and would get back to me in a few days. Half an hour later I got a call from the recruiter offering me the job. I suspect the manager just never bothered to contact anyone in 2 ½ weeks about the position and just gave it to me. Did the background check, got an acceptance letter from recruiter and welcome letter from HR.

Four days before my start date, manager sent me a text wanting to meet to sign the I-9 form at a Starbucks 3 counties away from me with a 60 to 90 minute drive one way and would cost $8 in tolls. Replied my current work schedule would not permit that meet-up. I tried to offer other alternatives to which he said no then he asked me to let him know when I would be next be available which I did by text. He never responded to this text nor did he ever respond to any other texts or emails I sent him over the period of a month.

Five days after my start day, manager texted me to ask to call him if I still want this job. We talk and agreed that since I had 3 jobs and had planned to give a 2 week resignation for 1—which he did not remember initially though all of this had all been discussed previously--my start date should have been later and it was moved back 2 ½ weeks. He said he would email recruiter and have him call me to confirm this which never happened. I emailed manager later that I had some questions if he could contact me. Texted him 4 days later asking if he could call me in reference to the email I had sent him and he replied that he would "call me in a few" but never did.

Thirteen days later got a call at 7:25 AM from an Acosta employee saying that she was the team lead for a Kraft project in a grocery store, that she was in the store and the project started at 7 AM and wanted to know if I was planning to show up. I called her back and said that my start date was still 5 days away and I knew nothing about this project. She stated that she was not surprised, the area manager was "strange" and this was not the first time this had happened.

Concerned about the viability of this job at this point, attempted to text her at the number she had called me from because I wanted to talk to someone who had personal experience working with Acosta in this territory. Instead manager called me. Said that I was assigned the project because I had an earlier start date but would not say why the assigner didn't know about the change in date. Also started to revise the original information about weekly hours and territory and then added I would need to be in Walmart every other Saturday—never mentioned previously. I asked if there was someone who worked with Acosta who might be willing to talk to me and he would not allow that. Reluctantly agreed to go forward with the job.

Second start date comes and goes and I did not hear from the manager. He texted me 3 days later asking me to meet him but by that time decided I was not interested anymore. He calls the recruiter telling him to terminate me, that he had been texting and calling me all week and I did not answer which was not true. The recruiter, frustrated. contacted me, told me I been a ideal candidate for this job and when I explained the situation, recruiter says he has had problems with this manager and could I send him an email with the details of my experience which I did. Never heard from Acosta, the Mosaic recruiter or the area manager again. Don't know how this manager still has a job or why Acosta thinks it's appropriate to treat incoming employees this way

Advice to Management

Show some regard for your people in the field. Hire area mangers who care about the job and will communicate with the employees under them and treat them with respect. Don't just regard field merchandisers as endlessly replaceable, disposable commodities.

Showing 1,159 of 1,180 reviews