Acquia Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Acquia CEO Thomas Erickson
Thomas Erickson

Pros
  • You work with the best talent in Open Source , you will have lots of exposure to the (in 7 reviews)

• Over time the work life balance has become better (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be difficult to find (in 7 reviews)

• No one is upfront and they will back stab you (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A fantastic learning experience"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unbelievable career advancement opportunities
    Internal promotions are the norm in Sales
    Most senior management (CRO, CEO) are incredibly in touch with the team, challenges and always willing to help
    Love our second line sales management team - some great changes there recently
    Colleagues across other departments are super smart and very collaborative
    Not a "frat house" atmosphere - like other Boston high fliers, which is great. This is a group of super smart, family oriented,driven people who care about each other

Cons

Would be nice to see an expanded PaaS offering. It's something we know how to sell and market extremely effectively.

Work life balance can be hard when you are climbing the next mountain although I will say the company is extremely flexible and understanding

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. The lower levels like to know what's going on at the top. More communication from the top on our opportunities AND challenges are welcome as long as they don't come out of the blue as edicts.

"Best place I have ever worked, by FAR!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Woburn, MA

Pros

When I first came to Acquia from an inside sales job at another high tech startup, I didn't know much about Open Source, nor Drupal. I now feel like I'm on the fastest pace rocket ship that I've ever been on! Drupal is used on over 1,000,000 public facing websites, and Acquia is perfectly positioned to be one of *the* next generation Web companies in the World, to take advantage of this trend. Our sales team has over achieved its goals every quarter that I've been here, - by 2X some quarters. In fact, the Management team set a bar for the Company to achieve a "super stretch" goal - and offered a trip for the entire company - and we just hit that goal! The people are great - a consummate team atmosphere, the management team is extremely supportive & helpful, and the culture is very dynamic & open. I feel blessed to be here.

Cons

One of the only downsides is that it's so much fun to work here, it is hard to disconnect at night and on the weekends! But I guess if you love what you do, it's hardly a downside.... I guess the only other thing is the Woburn location. Would be nice to be a little closer to the City.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing. You have made Acquia a highly desired place to work.

"Fantastic learning experience"

Former Employee - Customer Support Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Support Intern in Boston, MA

Pros

Great work atmosphere; opporunities to learn new technologies; lots of fun events; dynamic leadership; great growth potential for the company; flexible work timings and unlimited snacks and drink!

Cons

Company sponsors H1B visas in very rare cases; Acquia has some of the best Drupalists as a result, you feel overshadowed sometimes as a fresher; doesnot care much about temporary employees; Sometimes appreciation for good work is non-existant!

Advice to Management

Acquia is an awesome place to work and learn all in all; and, as a result, I would still give the company a 5* rating!

"Fantastic company to work for"

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and people that encompasses Acquia are unparalleled. Every day is enjoyable and people truly do look forward to collaborating.

Cons

Feedback and performance reviews are not systematic or regular. You have to seek it out yourself and expectations are often unclear.

Aug 9, 2013 – CEO

Thanks for your review. As the CEO, all comments are sought as we endeavor to create a great company with a long term future. We're very happy that you are having such a great experience. It's ... More

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Focus on communication, no person left out, diversity, awesome learning opportunities

Cons

Fast pace, always changing, senior management separation, lack of follow through

Advice to Management

Focus on accountability, use more personality training across the board, implement peer review based incentives that are not a popularity contest

Aug 9, 2013 – CEO

On behalf of Michael Krause .. Thanks for your review. I’m glad you feel Acquia is a great place to work. Part of what makes it a great place for learning is the pace, which as you point out ... More

7. "4 years and going strong"

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for 4 years now. As a Sr. manager within the organization, I tell people all the time - this is absolutely the best group of people I have ever worked with. People are honest, ethical, work their tails off and collaborate very well. I truly enjoy my co-workers, the space, and the culture at Acquia.

Cons

Sometimes tough to turn off, but it is part of being a part of a fast growing, exciting company. It "comes with the territory."

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on hiring based upon cultural fit - single biggest contributor to the great company we have built.

Sep 17, 2013 – CEO

Thanks for the post. Building a market changing offering takes extreme amounts of effort and Acquia appreciates the work that you and the others have done. As one of the longest serving Acquians ... More

"How to be successful in sales - Acquia will teach you how!"

Current Employee - Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acquia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic sales training program for driving the sales cycle, understanding the vast suite of products and what it takes to be a top rep in the technology sales business. Best training I've ever been through and would highly recommend to my peers.

Cons

If your goal is to be successful and grow as a salesperson then this is the place for you.

Sep 29, 2013 – CEO

Thanks for this note. Great to see your perspective on the investment we make in our people, given that it's also a high pressure environment focused on success for the individuals, their teams and ... More

9. "Drinking from the Fire Hose"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Acquia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High profile clients, The absolute best technical knowledge in the industry, bar none, very FUN oriented corporate culture. Great pay and benefits. Client Advocacy is a primary focus.

Tom Erickson is a very motivated and inspiring CEO. In fact, all of the upper Management has been nothing, if not interested in cultivating excellence in their employees.

I LOVE this job.

Cons

Process is constantly evolving... it is hard to keep up with the changes. The company is rapidly growing... so it feels like it is always a little understaffed.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Remain responsive to your team, as well as your clients.

10. "Best Career Move You'll Ever Make"

Current Employee - Marketing in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The passion and intelligence at this company is unbelievable. My time here has been like getting an MBA (I have my M.S. and I have learned more in my 2 years at Acquia than in my 5 years in college)

When I came to Acquia I thought I was hard working. The people at Acquia have redefined my definition of hard work, and it has brought out the best in me and has taken me to a new level. You've never see so many dedicated and fun people in one company.

Cons

This company can be challenging for people that look at their work as a job and not a career. To be successful here you’ve got to be committed to the success of the company.

Advice to Management

I’ve had an incredibly positive experience with management and consider many of the employees my role models.

May 7, 2014 – CEO

Thank you very much for your review, and your passion for what we do. Disrupting an entire market - actually a few different markets - is no small task, and with your efforts and those of your ... More

11. "Ready, Set, GO!"

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can feel the momentum in Drupal adoption in the enterprise. This is going to be big..

Leadership in every department is phenomenal. Culture comes first here and it shows in many ways - community service opportunities, company Red Sox games, open door policies with leadership, food trucks, etc.

Be ready to ride this roller coaster with a community of people that want to WIN!

Cons

Training for new hires can be better. It is something they are actively working on and investing in. Be prepared to leverage those around you to learn more.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest heavily in our new hires to prepare them to succeed here.

Jul 9, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for your comments! I think it's going to be big also! Sales is a constantly changing world at Acquia as we evolve our model to optimize for verticals, new products and the mid-market ... More