Acquia Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Acquia CEO Thomas Erickson
Thomas Erickson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Over time the work life balance has become better (in 5 reviews)

• You work with the best talent in Open Source , you will have lots of exposure to the (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance used to be way worse than it is today but can still remain a challenge in certain departments (e (in 8 reviews)

• they dont even take an approval or anything and no one asks them (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company Culture"

I have been working at Acquia full-time

Pros

I love coming to work in the morning. Our office space is top-notch, people are friendly, and we all work together beautifully to get the job done.

Cons

Currently, there isn't 401k match.

2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Acquia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Freedom to innovate
    - Opportunity to learn and work on a really complex setup/problems
    - One of best perks and benefits in the industry
    - A lot of flexibility
    - Senior management easily approachable

Cons

- Flexibility is being exploited a bit (frequent WFH) by a few employees.
    - Too many junior folks (with transactional mindset) in the team.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Acquia (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an extremely fun company.

Cons

Acquia has been more concerned with growth than it has been with customer happiness and product quality. This has had a major negative impact on the company culture since probably 2016ish.

Advice to Management

Customers should come first...and I don't mean only the top 3 customers.

4. "Smart teams, good culture"

I have been working at Acquia full-time

Pros

They have cold press coffee on tap in the Boston office. Also, nearly everyone who I've met in the company has been exceptionally talented.

Cons

As a remote worker, you sometimes feel like it takes a great deal of effort to keep abreast of all the internal company/team developments; there's a slightly irksome "rest of the world" mentality in the Boston office, and things can feel very Boston/US centric at times.

"An amazing culture and opportunity"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Acquia has definitely been the formative experience of my career. The calibre of people here is amazing and humbling. I regularly leave meetings with my colleagues thinking 'she is amazing. How did she get so smart?'.

Fantastic coaching and engagement from my direct managers. I really respect their skillset and experience and they genuinely care about me as a person and my career development.

Their are fantastic opportunities for growth here if you really engage. I have been able to work on lots of things I find very interesting and people are always happy to have your help and to coach you.

I've been exposed to incredible customers and work on very interesting, real-world problems and projects with a clear focus from everyone on providing real value to the customer.

When I joined, there was about 280 employees. Now there is over 800, and our revenue is many multiples of what it was then. It's very exciting to feel part of that success.

Underlying all that is the satisfaction of promoting and contributing to the Drupal community, which is a very inclusive, supportive, and welcoming movement. Every new sale means extending the opportunities offered by that community to more people.

Dan Pink wrote a great book, Drive, about what really motivates people. The core thesis: Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose. Acquia nails all of those and even five years in I am excited by the company and my work.

Cons

Process heavy, sometimes at the expense of doing the best or most effective thing for our customers, which means that individuals have to plug the gaps - we are great at that, and get great results, but sometimes it feels we are working against our own processes.

Overall direction and strategy changes quite often. This is maybe a symptom of working in such a dynamic space, but it can be fatiguing.

Hard work and sometimes long hours. Product and packaging changes require continuous re-training. You need to be someone who genuinely enjoys your work - the culture of teamwork and "win as one" is not for everyone. That's not a criticism of any particular work style, but you need to be the sort of person who is ok getting on a call with someone on another continent at 10PM at night on a Friday if that is what it takes to get something done (this kind of stuff is rare but does happen).

We are in a much much MUCH better place that we have ever been on this stuff but maintaining a kaizen and kata is great discipline for all of us!

Advice to Management

Try to maintain some consistency in vision and strategy. I like the product approach of "plan of vision, plan of intent, plan of record". It would be great to feel that we are all clearly aligning.

"Great people, fun work, but not a career oriented enviornment"

Pros

Super smart and motivated people who are inspiring to be around. I enjoyed almost everyone I came in contact with. The benefits are excellent (except for the 401k), and the office is great. You can tell they put a lot of though into the office, the perks, and the location.

Cons

Disorganized, lack of manager accountability - most managers, mine included, maybe should have been people managers. I never felt like what I said to my manager was being valued.

Advice to Management

Allow time for career development or growth. Add some sort of tuition reimbursement program to allow people to develop their skills. If the expectation is for everyone to work over 50 hours a week, find a way besides a bonus program to reward for that.

"Great people and culture"

I have been working at Acquia full-time

Pros

The people and culture are the best I've ever experienced. You are a member of a very tight family no matter what your role.
    Benefits and growth opportunities are top notch.

Cons

Suffering growing pains. Too much churn in leadership CEO departing, multiple CFOs and CMOs, product teams and top sales leadership.

Advice to Management

Stabilize and standardize processes, leadership structure and focus on building out product offerings.

"I love it here-but understand it's a growing company"

Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - BDR in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People
    Work life balance
    Management
    C level

Cons

Growth=constant change in quotas, kpis, etc

Advice to Management

Give a bit more lead time to large comp changes

"Great place to work. Do not believe false reviews!"

Current Employee - Developer in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Developer in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun and happy place where you can hang out with all levels & management like friends
    Lots of learning and many many challenging Drupal projects
    Great Drupal 8 experience. I have worked on 3 projects already
    Flexible work culture and you decide how you want to get work done
    Good pay package when you join after tough interview rounds

Cons

One or two people abuse the flexibility which does not feel fair for others. I don't think they even listen to management because they have too much attitude.

Would like to see better salary growth after 1-2 years of working. Most people want to stick to Acquia for long.

Advice to Management

Everyone in the office works well together and is having fun. I think the happy positive people don't pay attention to reviews & write reviews here. Only one or two unhappy people keep writing negative review again & again. I wish more happy people speak up.

I like the architects, project managers and leadership at Acquia. Keep doing what you are doing! In which other company does management sit down with everyone in office and take feedback about good WFH model or good health insurance? Or work hard to make the office run smoothly? We know you care.

"Sales Intern"

I have been working at Acquia full-time

Pros

Great exposure to sales prospecting techniques. Lots of training and great culture.

Cons

List building takes up most time although you really can't expect much more from a sales internship

Advice to Management

Doing a great job!