Acronis Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov
Serguei Beloussov

Pros
  • Can meet good people within the company and amongst the clients (in 10 reviews)

• The company has Good products that have value and need for its customer base (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • To much Senior Management (there are almost more VPs than "workers") (in 8 reviews)

• s (lower pay, no 401K match, less vacation days, etc (in 4 reviews)

"Great product....but horrible data integrity."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has Good products that have value and need for its customer base. Constantly developing advancements and updates for its products that are beneficial to its customer base. Definitely in a great position vs its competition

Cons

The company provides No 401k match. Compensation is somewhat low or barely on par with industry. Horrible customer data, and data integrity with no plan or clear plan to improve. These data issues make it difficult for proper management on a customer and employee side

Advice to Management

Plan for proper management of business after initial sale. Help departments work together to accomplish a common goal

Acronis Response

Apr 20, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for sharing your opinion and appreciating Acronis products and service solutions. We take pride in our work and care about making Acronis a better place to work at. We would encourage ... More

"Do your research before joining the company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some great people that work for Acronis - when I first started working here I loved it. Everyone was so friendly, encouraging and helpful. I never had an issue approaching upper management for help or even to say hello. The company used to foster those kinds of relationships.

The software is also incredible. The product should be so easy to sell!

Cons

The CEO has spent way too much money on F1 marketing to keep up with other Russian software companies - and the employees are paying for it. The pay is below average salaries in the area. A handful of managers and VP level people have been let go and we no longer have company get-togethers to foster those "team building" relationships.

We don't have 401k matching and the mood in the Burlington office is much more somber, but at least we have formula 1 racing cars with brand new Playstations that no one plays.

Advice to Management

If the bulk of our market is in the US, how about we focus on the US and not to start sponsoring a racing team that has little to no following here in the US? Have more Friday afternoon get togethers for your employees.

If you are going to fire our managers, at least communicate with us and let us know the structure change. I don't necessarily think our CEO is fit to run the company and I think some of the execs aren't the right "fit".

This company was amazing when I started and I loved coming to the office every day. Now I'm concerned about job security.

"Downward trending - AVOID"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Specialist in Burlington, MA

I worked at Acronis (More than 3 years)

Pros

in a small team, there is a decent amount of collaboration, we used recent software, so no limping along with old stuff.

Cons

Too many C-Level executives, Acronis will fire the people doing the work, bring in some big exec from Microsoft and they bring in contractors who do nothing but run up big bills. The people who have been there the longest are the first to get pushed out. Massive changeover in strategy and management every 3 months. Employee's who couldn't hack it under the pressure and leave are brought back as high paid contractors who enact revenge against the people who outperformed them the first time around.

Advice to Management

stop bringing in big money people to run a sinking ship! shore up the business with good workers and a core set of good managers who get their teams to succeed!

"Don't waist your time!"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Woburn, MA

I worked at Acronis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company had a good CEO and people but everything was changed. New CEO is Russian, company belongs to him and it influences a lot on the way the company works.

Cons

Decisions are made by small circle of people close to CEO, sometimes not even professionals. Easy to get title which does not mean such experience. CEO and his management changes their mind every day, they are not able to manage their people properly and close projects successfully. There are always limited resources and new management is not able to manage them efficiently.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people (management) who worked in big companies and have no idea what to do with limited resources.

"Some great talent not given opportunity to excel"

Current Employee - Acct Manager in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Acct Manager in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has some great people in the middle and lower management areas of the company who are the heartbeat and commercial engine of the company

Cons

Poor ego driven senior management who are more interested in gaining favour with the CEO rather than great execution and leadership. this together with disjointed process does not allow the real talent in the company to thrive

Advice to Management

Concentrate on being great leaders not on the title on your business card

"regional manager"

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

new opportunity to utilize my experience -
    build the channels

Cons

comp plan cut in half

Advice to Management

work your plan and plan your work

Acronis Response

Jun 11, 2014 – Head of Global HR

Please reach out to me, I would like to know more details about your comp plan concerns. To my knowledge no comp plans have been altered like that.

"Poor corporate culture"

Former Employee - Director in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Woburn, MA

I worked at Acronis full-time

Pros

A few smart people there.

Cons

Way too many product lines for a company without strong marketing and PR engine. Top executive team has no direction.

Advice to Management

Respect the people and treat them well. They will in turn work harder for you and turn the company around. Otherwise they will abandon ship.

"Management Mess"

Former Employee - Acronis Account Manager in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Acronis Account Manager in Woburn, MA

I worked at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free beverages and snacks in the kitchen

Cons

Ridiculous amount of turn-over in employees, including upper level management. Management style - both on the sales and technical support side - is aggressive and hostile at times. One of the managers had gotten suspended for some pretty immature actions during the time of my employment there, and I'm sad to say that they are still there today.

"A good company that has gone bad."

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Woburn, MA

I worked at Acronis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a great industry leading product with a world class channel group.

Cons

They have slid on the technology side and are not leaders anymore.
    Senior management turnover has been rampant (5 major changes in 3 years).
    Toxic environment for those left.

Advice to Management

Go back to the basics.

"Unstable environment"

Current Employee - Partner Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Partner Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to work, little pressure

Cons

Disorganized and unproductive Environment , Very unstable