Acronis Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov
Serguei Beloussov

Pros
  • Can meet good people within the company and amongst the clients (in 10 reviews)

• The company has Good products that have value and need for its customer base (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • To much Senior Management (there are almost more VPs than "workers") (in 8 reviews)

• s (lower pay, no 401K match, less vacation days, etc (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Lots of Career Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of growth potential here at Acronis. It doesn't happen overnight, but many of those who continue to work hard and deliver results are given more responsibilities and opportunities.
    Each position has an individual contributor aspect (even at higher levels) which means you must be hands on and willing to do a lot of work yourself. Due to the size and nature of the company, most roles cover multiple areas of their department and business. This gives you more ownership of the work, career growth, and development. It also means you can see the impact of your work and know that you were the person who delivered (or helped) those results.
    Another plus is that Acronis is worldwide, which allows you to work with different people, cultures, and regions.
    In all, Acronis has given me so much over the last 3 + years - a career, a family, long lasting relationships, and unforgettable memories.

Cons

Acronis is not for everyone because it is a fast-paced environment with higher than average workloads and responsibilities. There also have been some changes in management that have caused a little turbulence throughout the years here. But if you can manage the changes, fast pace and heavy workload, Acronis will benefit you so much.
    The work can be challenging and stressful, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy :-)

Advice to Management

Keep doing the frequent Global All-Hands meetings with the CEO, like we have the past year or so. The transparency on the vision and strategy, to all levels of the organization keeps people motivated and unified.

2. "Good company, good product, good objectives"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional team, 99,99 worldwide infrastructure, modern technologies, good social pack.

Cons

Weak inter-team communication, no CICD infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Do what you do.

3. "Great Place to learn, grow and have impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Acronis is in the midst the massive digital transformation movement. Here I get to experiment with new ideas on how to grow the business. Because we are a mid sized company, each person's decisions have a direct impact on the success of the company.

Cons

Acronis is in a fragmented and competitive market. It means that you have to always be alert and ready to respond. I love this environment but not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging us to be our best.

"Long time employee - still growing and moving up the ladder"

Current Employee - Management in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a land of opportunity for those willing to push themselves beyond their limits. I have never encountered a ceiling here and my hard work, dedication and loyalty have been consistently rewarded with promotions and significant increases in pay.

Cons

The environment can get intense sometimes, especially with fluctuations in the global economy that impacts all businesses. There have been years of management turnover, but senior management has stabilized as the leaders in place now have been there in average for at least 3 years.

Advice to Management

Maintain stability in management and continue to invest in the product and services. That's the primary driver of growth for us.

"Best tech company I've worked for so far"

Current Employee - Channel Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Channel Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Management trusts their employees, great company culture, fantastic products new to the market, awesome compensation packages

Cons

Competing against much bigger companies

"Good place to build a career"

Current Employee - Senior Director of IT in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Director of IT in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always had the best toys to play with, always had a chance to explore a technology i'm interested in.
    Acronis relocated me from Moscow and took care of all paperwork and expenses and i'll be always grateful for that.
    You can find as many bright people to talk to as you want.
    There is always an opportunity to step up on your career path and take interesting projects or show some initiative.

Cons

There are always some people that you "don't agree" with but i never had a chance to work in the company that didn't have such people.

Advice to Management

I would say that we should have some more trust of our management and try to develop a strategy that is more long-term.

"Fantastic Work Enviornment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis (More than 8 years)

Pros

- People
    - Work Environment
    - Recruiting Process

Cons

- Too much separation among differing departments
    - No summer Friday's (This would be a huge improvement opportunity)
    - No 401K match

Advice to Management

Try doing a company gathering rather than a functional gathering (i.e. Marketing only team events, sales only team events, finance only team events, etc.

"Company that cares about their employees and values great talent"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Woburn, MA

I worked at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Solid higher management
    - Reputable CEO with a good track record and great work ethic
    - Laser focus on what company does the best and expansion of growing markets
    - Provide great opportunities to people as they did to me

Cons

- Management has been changed quite frequently for the last 5 years which lead to loss of many talented people

Advice to Management

- Focus on hiring and keeping a top-notch people
    - Forgo the Kimball Farm already. People are tired having the company's annual outing at the same boring place. Organize something similar they do in the Russian office.

10. "A highly innovative technology company with bright future and lots of opportunity for professional growth."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Well-established, profitable fast growing global business operating in hot markets of Backup/DR and Mobility. Strong highly competitive products. Good benefits for employees. Continued professional growth for those who want to work hard. Lots of positive change in the last 6 months since the original founder came back on board as CEO.

Cons

Some minor troubles with overall direction for the business and subsequent change in Senior Management that occurred in the last 2 years. This resulted in uncertainty for some employees and probably some bad reviews, but has since been resolved completely. The business and internal culture are back on track and the future is looking very good.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Acronis Response

Jun 11, 2014 – Head of Global HR

Thanks for the good feedback. We have work to do and and I hope that since Serguei has been back for a year now you are continuing to see betterment all around.

11. "Smartest people I have ever worked with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people. Huge opportunity. Indoor parking. Well stocked snack room. Inclusive in decision making. Great IT staff. Clear vision for the company. Very international in attitude and workforce. Great products.

Cons

Some policies such as filing expense claims, are draconian and untrusting. Some people have been there too long. A lot of new employees so culture is not stable.

Advice to Management

On the right track. Maybe spend a bit more on some of the internal systems and speed up decision making.