Acronis Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov
Serguei Beloussov

Pros
Cons
  • To much Senior Management (there are almost more VPs than "workers") (in 8 reviews)

• Management style - both on the sales and technical support side - is aggressive and hostile at times (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Good place to build a career"

Current Employee - Senior Director of IT in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Director of IT in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always had the best toys to play with, always had a chance to explore a technology i'm interested in.
    Acronis relocated me from Moscow and took care of all paperwork and expenses and i'll be always grateful for that.
    You can find as many bright people to talk to as you want.
    There is always an opportunity to step up on your career path and take interesting projects or show some initiative.

Cons

There are always some people that you "don't agree" with but i never had a chance to work in the company that didn't have such people.

Advice to Management

I would say that we should have some more trust of our management and try to develop a strategy that is more long-term.

2. "nice job"

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Zürich (Switzerland)

Pros

Great company with talented people doing some really creative stuff

Cons

a bit inconsistent in communication

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing in a more structured way

3. "Lots of Career Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of growth potential here at Acronis. It doesn't happen overnight, but many of those who continue to work hard and deliver results are given more responsibilities and opportunities.
    Each position has an individual contributor aspect (even at higher levels) which means you must be hands on and willing to do a lot of work yourself. Due to the size and nature of the company, most roles cover multiple areas of their department and business. This gives you more ownership of the work, career growth, and development. It also means you can see the impact of your work and know that you were the person who delivered (or helped) those results.
    Another plus is that Acronis is worldwide, which allows you to work with different people, cultures, and regions.
    In all, Acronis has given me so much over the last 3 + years - a career, a family, long lasting relationships, and unforgettable memories.

Cons

Acronis is not for everyone because it is a fast-paced environment with higher than average workloads and responsibilities. There also have been some changes in management that have caused a little turbulence throughout the years here. But if you can manage the changes, fast pace and heavy workload, Acronis will benefit you so much.
    The work can be challenging and stressful, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy :-)

Advice to Management

Keep doing the frequent Global All-Hands meetings with the CEO, like we have the past year or so. The transparency on the vision and strategy, to all levels of the organization keeps people motivated and unified.

"Great office location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Acronis for 8 months now and I have learned so much, also it's right off the highway surrounded by great places to eat during lunch! It is a good work environment with great amenities like snacks and games. Everyone is very supportive of each other and kind. The culture of the company is growing, I see people more social now, with people regularly catching up for happy hour after work and meeting up in the weekend.

Cons

No 401k match, but they are working on it

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "Company With Great Future Ahead"

Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Senior Talent Acquisition in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Acronis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has great products that constantly receive good feedbacks. Singapore is set to grow the R&D team from 5 to 200 by year 2020. It's good to know that the company is serious about investing for good people and technology, which indirectly churns out better products and services.

I joined the company in May 2016 and in July 2016 need to be away for 2 months of sabbatical leave for family matters. Even though Acronis is a dynamic company that needed everyone to be fully involved, but it still caters to different situations with a human touch. Not many companies will be able to compromise on such.

Cons

Systems and processes need to be calibrated for smoother work flow. Standardization of policies and across countries will take time to implement.

Point is no matter which companies, big MNC or reputable companies that we go to, there will be problems just in different forms. There is no 1 policy that suits everyone. It is about adapting and be realistic, and as long as the company and management is making an effort about changing to be better, it is good enough for me.

Advice to Management

Company resources should only be for business usage.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

I have been working at Acronis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Dynamic environment, diverse and challenging tasks you can learn from and use for your development and extend your skill set;
    - smart colleagues
    - good salary structure & benefits
    - great team events
    - international company
    - career chances

Cons

- heavy management layers
    - long approval processes though this is a rather small company

Advice to Management

- be open for feedback from any kind of employee

"Place for improvements"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

Pros

Small, flexible company on a growing market

Cons

100% controlled by their CEO/Owner

Advice to Management

Delegate power

9. "Nice place to work"

I have been working at Acronis full-time

Pros

Friendly and talented colleagues, more interesting tasks and projects than my previous company.
    Flexible working schedule with the possibility to request working from home.
    Global company, great opportunity to work with different people all around the world, take business trips and relocation.
    Kitchen contains a bunch of snacks\fruits and soft drinks, very handy.

Cons

A lot of middle and high-level managers in comparison with specialists.

Advice to Management

No major cons about working here. I mostly happy to be a part of the team. The only concern is that hiring more specialists instead of managers might give more benefits for the company.

"Long time employee - still growing and moving up the ladder"

Current Employee - Management in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a land of opportunity for those willing to push themselves beyond their limits. I have never encountered a ceiling here and my hard work, dedication and loyalty have been consistently rewarded with promotions and significant increases in pay.

Cons

The environment can get intense sometimes, especially with fluctuations in the global economy that impacts all businesses. There have been years of management turnover, but senior management has stabilized as the leaders in place now have been there in average for at least 3 years.

Advice to Management

Maintain stability in management and continue to invest in the product and services. That's the primary driver of growth for us.

"Work hard - play hard"

Pros

Acronis takes care of the employees.
    Kitchen stocked with free treats for employees (at least in the US office), regular company events and celebrations, as well as cool swag - all these little things add up and show that management wants to reward and motivate the staff.
    On a more important note, Acronis really values hard working and dedicated employees. I have seen (and experienced) fast career growth and real acknowledgement of contributions. You will be rewarded and noticed if you work hard and smart.

Cons

You have to be dedicated to the company.
    Acronis has a startup mentality, that everybody has to be passionate about the company and really care. This is not the place for the kind of people who work 9-5 - you have to breathe and live Acronis. While it is not a con for me, it may be for a lot of people.

Advice to Management

Please reconsider compensation for some of the higher-ups - not everyone at the top deserves what they get paid.
    And the sales organization doesn't need to be this big.