Act-On Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Act-On Software CEO Andy MacMillan
Andy MacMillan

Pros
  • Some really good people work there (in 10 reviews)

• Great work environment and free food (in 7 reviews)

Cons

"Good work, great company, stellar people"

Current Employee - Writer in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Writer in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Constant learning
    -Really smart co-workers
    -Company healthy, growing, becoming a leader in the field
    -Employees are respected, appreciated, and treated well
    -The product works well, customers love it
    -The product continues to develop to meet market needs
    -Company is very well managed
    -Flexible, supportive, healthy environment
    -Internal teams are very supportive of each other
    -Yes Virginia, there is a free lunch (twice a week)

Cons

We're growing so fast that it's hard to remember people's names

Advice to Management

Keep on keepin' on!

"Act-On is Strong - Great Place To Work!"

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for Act-On for 18+ months. Received a solid promotion as promised way before the promised date. There is a work hard play hard mentality here, but the work hard is no joke. Long hours and everyone does it. The play hard comes at weird moments sometimes. Its like working with family, so that makes its easier.

Cons

There are long hours expected. The knowledge curve is steep and quick, especially now that we are growing rapidly. Be on board 100%, Get on board quick or the train will leave you behind. The is a group (especially in sales) that leaves after every quarter. So ABC's (always be closing...son).

Advice to Management

It is no secret where we stand on the average pay scale for Sacramento. There was a large round of funding closed, think about some extra bonus or reward to those who have been here for a while.

"Best kept secret - Great fast growing Silicon Valley Company located in Roseville!"

Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you want the excitement of being a part of a fast growing, thriving Silicon Valley company in a booming industry and be able to live and work in Roseville or nearby - GREAT PLACE! Can't get better than this for living in this great area. Really the best kept secret! You really feel like you are in the right place, working for the right company at the right time. You are a part of building something great and along the way you enjoy what you do, there is good money to be made, the great people you work with, and knowing there is also a greater EXTRA reward down the road makes it that much more exciting and rewarding.

Cons

Promotion of more work-life balance to employees would go a long way. Too many people feel guilty if they are not working 10+ hours a day or come in late, leave early, or take a lunch break. Easy fix and I'm sure this will end up being part of the Pros very soon.

Advice to Management

For a small company growing so fast there has been little to no CEO presence thus far. CEO needs to present more, inspire more and be more visible to the employees. Senior management has made up for that. Great culture built that promotes high effort - high reward, great perks with lunch and snacks provided, stock compensation, extra commissions, trips, prizes and SPIF's. If you like a competitive, fun, fast paced environment where there is room for career and income growth this is a great place. Really is!

"Act-On - Glad to be a part of it!"

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being part of a well-lead organization that is paving the way in a fast growing industry. Many people spend a great deal of their career trying to find an organization with the ingredients Act-On possesses.

Cons

Growing quickly and keeping the "secret sauce" for success continues to be a challenge but Act-On is handling it well. You have to hang on with both hands.

Advice to Management

Allow for more "work from home" as an alternative to working 11+ hour days. We do work at home anyway, but it would be nice to have the option to start (or finish) the workday from home in order to spend more quality family time.

"The most fun, professional and talented place to work"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sales training and mentor program is the best
    On-going best practices
    support across the entire employee base
    Management very involved in the day to day success of employees
    very competitive environment with awesome rewards
    Upward mobility open to qualified candidates.

Cons

Long hours but worth it
    Can't stop thinking Act-On, idea , idea , idea

Advice to Management

management has done an excellent job creating a cohesive fun environment. Consider a management training program.

"Great Culture with Promising Career Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many reasons I enjoy working at Act-On. For one, the culture is amazing. Everyone works together to ensure a great customer experience, start to finish. There are awesome perks like free snacks, coffee, and catered lunch twice per week.

The Sr. Management is very visible and present. If you want to grow within this company, all you need to do is let them know. They are extremely supportive and want nothing more than for their employees to succeed.

Cons

Because this is a new(er) company, standard processes don't exist for many things. The training I received was seriously lacking and it was really up to me to figure things out for myself. This can really be a Pro if you're looking for an easy way to stand out, but more structure from the start would have made things a lot easier.

"Exceptional Leadership, Talented Committed Colleagues--Love Act-On!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Act-On we work hard with talented, smart collegues who are driven, smart and building an amazing business. Incredible product that is changing the landscape for businesses around the Globe. Great management team who really work hard to help you learn the business, to excell and free lunch a couple days a week, continuing education. Lots fo love about Act-On. Work smart, play hard environment where you are rewarded generously for doing a great job. Great contests, perks, trips all add to a competitive environment of top tier sales professionals. You will laugh, work hard, play hard, know that your colleagues and managers support your wins and you will make good money if you are passionate about how we are changing businesses for the better. If you are the best you belong at Act-On.

Cons

Very long hours--however life/work balance is being addressed as we speak. We are now transitioning to more balance and we are all very happy about this.

Advice to Management

I would love to have our CEO come visit. How awesome would that be. We all admire him from afar but would love to have him come to locations and share occasionally with us. Office employee exchanges would be an interesting to share best practices. Please continue to respect and believe in your people and they will drive the business forward. Keep our culture and environment inspiring, uplifting with continual growth.

"Great Company, Amazing Growth Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Act|On for about 8 months now and I can honestly say I have NEVER worked for a better Company. Enjoyment in a career was not something I had ever known and Act|On really opened my eyes to the possibilities. I now look forward to going into the office every day and knowing that my contribution will help to create something greater. At this point I do not see a ceiling for how far myself or Act|On can go and I am glad to be a part of it.

On a personal level I feel that the Management really cares about my family and I, and that means a great deal.

Cons

At this point I really do not have any cons that I can speak of.

"A place where you matter"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Roseville, CA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Act-On offers excellent opportunity for growth and promotion. It's an employee-centered environment, focused on making this your favorite job (if you want it to be). You can make an impact and receive appreciation for it. You get to try on a lot of hats, develop as a professional, and get rewarded for your efforts.

Cons

It's true -- you have to show up to play. Because the company is still relatively young, each employee can make an impact and is expected to do so, and that can be stressful (but rewarding at the same time). The free lunches and snacks can truly sabotage a diet.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to feedback. Make recognition a priority, especially in those traditionally non-metric roles.

"Act-On values developers"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Developers are well treated, respected and encouraged to find creative solutions to improve the current implementation without fear. It takes time to transform from a startup to a more organized, disciplined company but I can see improvements every week.

Cons

Lots of ideas/work, not enough developers, need to hire more/quicker.