Cover image for Act-On Software

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Act-On Software and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Company Quality

Sep 8, 2022 - Office Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, good people, and great culture. I have been at Act-on for almost 3 months now, and everyone has been nothing but nice and respectful towards me as a worker, and as a person. So far I feel seen, and heard and my boss and team have welcomed me with big open arms to make me feel at home in my new work place.

Cons

No cons, it has been a positive experience overall.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

A rough year already, morale dropped considerably this Fall.

Nov 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a few managers who genuinely seem to care, however, they often seem burnt out and discouraged. Often a skeleton crew so you're able to do new things - mostly out of necessity, though.

Cons

I have personally been bullied and humiliated by members of leadership. I have witnessed colleagues being bullied and humiliated by members of leadership. I have comforted colleagues after they have been bullied and humiliated by members of leadership. Expect the worst and you will not be disappointed. Values have been co-opted and twisted to make hard-working people work harder and chase ever-moving goalposts.

3. Join the Act-On Software team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

ae

Oct 21, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

good money commission is good

Cons

bad management and tons of drama

5. 5.0

Great Work Environment With A Lot of Potential

Sep 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Act-On has a nurturing and enthusiastic professional culture that has the energy of a start-up with the stability of an established company.

Cons

Covid has caused some unsteadiness as far as onsite vs remote goes, but that's beginning to balance out.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The culture on teams is great. Lack of unified experience

Sep 5, 2022 -  in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

culture small company career options

Cons

Executives have a value of people first but don't follow our practice it. Expected to work more than 8 hours a day Many teams are understaffed

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Sep 6, 2022 - Anonymous in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

None, none, none, none, none

Cons

So many! They don't care or listen so I won't waste my time listing all the cons. This company is a train wreck and you should not work here.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun and Inclusive Company to work with

May 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible and team driven. Good benefits.

Cons

The tech is old but that's slowly changing.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I am a competitive firestarter with a demonstrated history of generating results.

Feb 23, 2022 - MarTech Consultant in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment Work from home Great benefits

Cons

No cons at the company

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great place to start your career

Feb 27, 2022 - Technical Solutions Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to learn a wide variety of skills because you tend to wear more than one hat

Cons

Training could have been more structured to enforce consistency of knowledge across the team to create a strong foundation. Covid definitely hinders growth.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Looking forward

Jan 13, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

An engineering group that doesn't get its hand held. If you see something to fix, you can make sure it gets fixed Getting out of legacy code hell with modern technologies. No jerks. There are frank conversations, but they're professional and respectful.

Cons

Compensation is good, but lacks bonuses and a good 401k match Lots of tech debt to rewrite The downside of autonomy is that means engineers also have to act as their own project managers

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 222 Reviews
</>Embed

Act-On Software Reviews FAQs

Act-On Software has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 227 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Act-On Software to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Act-On Software employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Act-On Software. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

60% of Act-On Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Act-On Software 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Act-On Software to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be management, career development, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Act-On Software Job Seekers