Cover image for Act-On Software

Act-On Software

Engaged Employer

Act-On Software

Add a Review

Act-On Software Employee Reviews about "executive team"

Updated Aug 22, 2018

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people to work with(in 30 reviews)
  • "Great culture and co(in 15 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good.(in 14 reviews)
  • "But I think they would stand in front of a bullet for me .I get the feeling that the management really cares about all of the employees.(in 11 reviews)
  • "And the leadership team is amazing about making sure you are on a path for growth and expanding your skills.(in 8 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Act-On Software and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "executive team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

I LOVE this job

Oct 31, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I could rehash all of the things you will read from others on this review such as great pay, benefits, fun startup culture, etc... but those things will not truly make you happy in a job. The reason I am so happy here is because I truly feel that as an individual contributor I am helping build something lasting, not only for my own personal success, but also the organization as a whole. Each person feels as though they are a part of the team, and that team is building something incredible. Our software is cutting edge, better than the competition in nearly every way, and constantly innovating. This is an incredible opportunity, and I am blessed to be a part of it. We are heading in a great direction.

Cons

This job is not without its challenges. Our product is technical, and our buyer is technical. If you do not have the aptitude to navigate an extremely technical sales call that can get down to into the weeds, then this job is probably not right for you. I also feel that our relatively young executive team is yet to understand the nature of the challenges of the sales team. They need to get on sales calls, get in the weeds with us, and understand what buyers are looking for, the questions they ask, and where our competition has us beat (its not in many ways... but no solution is perfect).

6 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

High turn over due to poor leadership, lack of vision.

Mar 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineering working to improve product. Platform could be strong competition in market. Many committed smart people have worked at this company, but, egocentric leadership is killing it.

Cons

Company has lost its sense. Executive team is a click. Officers are leading company backward. Moving HQ to downtown Portland, OR to “attract better talent” backfired. Immediately following move, there were lay-offs to make up for tripling the cost of workspace. The move was a poorly vetted idea which set the company back, but, boosted the egos of a few execs. More lay-offs followed, and recently, closure of satellite offices. Businesses are losing trust in the company’s solidity due to lack of innovation, reductions in customer service, and repeated lay-offs.

25 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Regional Sales Manager

Oct 5, 2016 - Regional Sales Manager in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was a dream job for most. Great leaders, tons of vision, and exceptional culture. Free lunch 2x a week, unhealthy snacks, and free soda, juice, and reb bull.....This is all left to memories company wide.

Cons

The whole executive team turned over and mid-level management moved on. This left a few savvy vets, some scrappy reps, and about 40% nube sales reps with NO product understanding. The new executives laughed and bragged about NOT knowing the product, new managers had no idea what they were selling or how to sell it. This is a sinking ship and as recently as this week a press release shows another 50+ people laid-off. They don't care about clients and how could they when they don't even care for their own.

8 people found this review helpful

Act-On Software Response

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. Our management team is squarely focused on the success of our customers ensuring we are building a scalable, healthy company for our employees. We recently restructured the company to have more direct alignment between our customers and their sales executives and our industry leading success team. This was a big shift internally, and change can be hard, but we believe this was an important change to help ensure our company and our customers are successful.

4. 2.0

Difficult to recommend

May 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Portland office is right downtown and has stunning views. There are a lot of complicated technology challenges to solve. Genuinely sympathetic new leadership with some good ideas. Most departments seem to be running better than they have in the past. A product that is way healthier than it was years ago.

Cons

Oof. Where to start. I came into this company in the transition between the previous executive team and the current executive team so I have seen both of them in action. Nearly every major problem the company faces today, of which there are many, is directly tied back to the previous regime. Any review you read here that states otherwise is either unaware or dishonest. They badly mismanaged money; they were never honest about the current financial state; they took major investment capital and showed zero return; they did not build any part of the company to scale; they invested almost nothing in technology and accrued a ridiculous amount of technical debt; they built walled off subcultures between offices and departments that created a toxic culture we are still digging out from under today; did not have a realistic plan for sales growth; were constantly chasing the bottom of the market both in quality and size of customers; no room or plan for individual growth; never had a product roadmap, etc. I could probably go on indefinitely. There is a reason that executive team has almost completely been replaced. They were highly ineffective and seemed to be waiting around for an IPO or some other major event they had no clue how to reach and was realistically never going to happen. The new team has had their fair share of mistakes, well-noted in other reviews, but who would have realistically come in and turned this place around in any less time? I can't stress enough how deep the cultural issues run here and this has been an incredibly difficult place to stay motivated. Many of the worst detractors are gone, but there are still people here who are generally dysphoric and they are painful to be around. We continue to placate them at the detriment of everyone else. You can see lots of folks, new and old, are checked out and it is hard to blame them. There is very little done in the way of acknowledgement or reward here for most employees who are doing good work. The culture is still overly negative, morale is low and to a large degree we feel rudderless. Everyone seems to be in a general state of unease and discomfort here and there haven't been many reasons to celebrate anything. I think we have a solid direction now for the company and the product, but we never seem to have enough or the right people to carry it out. We are resource constrained in every possible direction, so we can't allocate money or people at any problems to try to solve them. It feels like we are constantly behind our competitors even when we make major strides.

13 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

No Hope!

May 3, 2018 -  in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pockets of talented people. Previous plus's included (what made it fun to work at ActOn in the past) 1) everyone was passionate about the company, our place in the market and respected and enjoyed each-other. 2) Tons of recognition for the hard work 3) Trips with friends and family - aka many of your colleagues were just that 4) Catered lunches 5) Lots of social gatherings and outings to blow off steam and connect with coworkers. 6) We actually hit our sales targets - lots and lots of people over 100% of their sales quotas (new insecure leadership downplays this big time and says it wasn't good business) All $50 million of it..... 7) Our CS Team really took good care of our customers - they really cared and it showed in their work. 8) Our TS Team was fantastic 9) Marketing actually generated leads 10) The leadership team didn't have drunken affairs with employees The downward spiral started when KJ joined the company and started bringing over all the jive flunkies.

Cons

Disingenuous people. Power hungry untalented and uninspired people joining the company in Portland over the last few years.They think giving it 100% is strolling in at 9am, closing their doors, taking an hour and half lunch and then going to drink beer and wine at 3pm. Ohh and then swing back by the office and walk the floor to see who is still there before cutting out soon after. I cannot believe that the Board has no idea what a terrible job the executive team is doing. Just look at the growth Act-On had in the first 5-years. 90% of the people there today had nothing to do with the growth and have no idea what to do to reignite it.

31 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Is the Board bored yet?

Dec 12, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has a Board of Directors

Cons

Board of Directors have not held the executive team accountable for the fiasco Act-On 2.0 has become.

16 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Current Employee

Sinking ship

Aug 22, 2018 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good integrations and contact based pricing

Cons

Poor executive team. This company is a sinking ship.

13 people found this review helpful