KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Act-On Software

Engaged Employer

Act-On Software

Add a Review

Act-On Software Employee Reviews about "free snacks"

Updated Oct 11, 2019

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people to work with(in 30 reviews)
  • "Great culture and co(in 15 reviews)
  • "Great benefits(in 13 reviews)
  • "But I think they would stand in front of a bullet for me .I get the feeling that the management really cares about all of the employees.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Leadership team is focused on what's best for the company long term.(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Act-On Software and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free snacks"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Regional Sales Manager

Oct 5, 2016 - Regional Sales Manager in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was a dream job for most. Great leaders, tons of vision, and exceptional culture. Free lunch 2x a week, unhealthy snacks, and free soda, juice, and reb bull.....This is all left to memories company wide.

Cons

The whole executive team turned over and mid-level management moved on. This left a few savvy vets, some scrappy reps, and about 40% nube sales reps with NO product understanding. The new executives laughed and bragged about NOT knowing the product, new managers had no idea what they were selling or how to sell it. This is a sinking ship and as recently as this week a press release shows another 50+ people laid-off. They don't care about clients and how could they when they don't even care for their own.

8 people found this review helpful

Act-On Software Response

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. Our management team is squarely focused on the success of our customers ensuring we are building a scalable, healthy company for our employees. We recently restructured the company to have more direct alignment between our customers and their sales executives and our industry leading success team. This was a big shift internally, and change can be hard, but we believe this was an important change to help ensure our company and our customers are successful.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Want a stable career at a fast growth company? Look somewhere else.

Mar 27, 2018 - Sales in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Some good mid-level management who cared about their team's success -Good pay and benefits -Break room with snacks/drinks, ping-pong, good office environment -At times there was good lead gen which made building pipeline possible

Cons

-After the overhaul of the C-suite things went downhill -Lead gen/branding was non-existent. No one knew who we were. Leads we did get were often bad data. Marketing believed someone who had never heard of the company could be a middle or bottom of funnel lead -New CEO has a track record of poor leadership at previous roles -Most productive office was closed down because it was not where the CEO lived in an attempt to get cash flow positive -Management invested in hiring too many sales people instead of product innovation which led to stagnation in the market

21 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Flexible and fun place to work

Sep 3, 2021 - Office Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Woman CEO and HR manager in a fast paced, tech envirmonment. flexible schedule during remote work, hybrid leaning stocked kitchen with awesome snacks, can basically get anything you want if you just ask! scooters, video games, ping pong tables etc in office DEI is important in the workplace beer and wine in office lots of perks such as trimet passes, gym reimbursement, bonus opportunities, work events with prizes and raffles every month new office remodel, beautiful spaces in bank of america building with 360 views.

Cons

culture seems to still be improving don't have access to in office perks while working remotely Inconsistent expectations for virtual meetings

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture with Promising Career Growth Opportunity

Apr 28, 2014 - Customer Success Manager in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many reasons I enjoy working at Act-On. For one, the culture is amazing. Everyone works together to ensure a great customer experience, start to finish. There are awesome perks like free snacks, coffee, and catered lunch twice per week. The Sr. Management is very visible and present. If you want to grow within this company, all you need to do is let them know. They are extremely supportive and want nothing more than for their employees to succeed.

Cons

Because this is a new(er) company, standard processes don't exist for many things. The training I received was seriously lacking and it was really up to me to figure things out for myself. This can really be a Pro if you're looking for an easy way to stand out, but more structure from the start would have made things a lot easier.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company, bad upper management

Oct 6, 2016 - Technical Solutions Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I got hired here, I loved this job. It had everything I wanted. A standing desk, a break room with company snacks and drinks provided, scooters to scoot on, ping pong, chess, bean bags, etc. Everyone here was open and honest. If something happened, the company would know about it an hour later, no rumors. The people working here were super nice, (managers and colleagues) and the pay was great. The benefits were instant, I got them from day one. Hours were amazing, my manager worked with me if I needed anything. And there was room for advancement, so I heard. -Good Benefits (Medical, Dental, 401k, Vision, fitness reimbursement, public transportation reimbursement) -Instant PTO -Break room snacks -Scooters, ping pong, chess, beanbags -Amazing team to work with -Wonderful area -Spacious office

Cons

After about a month or two working here, they laid off 60 people with nor warning. An email for a mandatory meeting and hour before, and then 10 minutes to get your stuff and leave. People who have been there for years got laid off, and people who have been there for a short time got laid off, simply because they were 'new'. All because Sales couldn't meet their quota. -Horrible planning techniques by upper management -Training was only 2-3 weeks to learn the entire software -Job security (Anyone could get laid off)

33 people found this review helpful

Act-On Software Response

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and provide your perspective. I value communication and have been trying to create a culture of transparency and collaboration in a fun work environment. It’s never easy to make these types of decisions. Please know that this was not a decision that we took lightly. I recognize that it impact people's lives and their careers. And I’m sorry that this impacted you so early in your tenure at Act-On.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

From ideal to blah

Oct 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the best thing about working here. Free drinks and snacks. The company still makes an attempt at a good culture. You will become very proficient at spelling 'Act-on' because nobody has ever heard of the company

Cons

Where to begin...when I stacted at Act-On, the quality of the leads sales received was what you might expect from a company specializing in lead generation...since the new management team has taken over it has been a slog through the most miserable batches of "leads" I have ever seen. It's literally just cold calling in most cases. Our demand generation team doesn't seem to have any sense of how to generate demand so sales spends most of its time cold calling on purchased lists. Our branding team and marketing executives laughed at our sales kickoff about how nobody knows who Act-On is. I'm not sure why they find it humorous that our brand positioning is the worst in our target market Sales targets are met by only a few reps...and I mean a few...like...less than half a dozen in any given quarter is a good bet. And we're talking about a group of 75 people (now 30 after the layoffs) the lack of quota attainment is probably attributable in equal parts to bad hiring, lack of training, lack of leads/brand awareness.

11 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Exciting company but lacks work-life balance

Feb 11, 2015 - Customer Success Manager in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fast growing company -Free breakfasts, lunches, and snacks -Room for growth

Cons

-Horrible work-life balance -Little focus on custom retention. 100% focused on customer acquisition -Little transparency or updates on company direction from executive leadership

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The straight truth

Jan 18, 2017 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent health insurance, and free snacks. Not difficult to get hired

Cons

I have seen a bunch of recent reviews stating how great the company is, and the negative reviews are from the 'cry babies' who could not cut it in the real world. I never write reviews because it is always a he-said-she-said situation. This case I will break my own rule and give the readers an unbiased true review reflecting my personal experience at Act-On. Great job and amazing company until the new management took over last year. This is a fact. People can counter that idea with the 'well, the company needed to make some hard decisions etc etc' but the truth is the company is much less stable than it was a year ago. These guys have literally driven the company into the ground. The layoffs? The CEO Andy told the entire company a month prior everything was incredible, the health of the business was better than ever and everyone could look forward to an amazing 2017. Then he made a drastic decision to let a ton of people go without any criteria. The running joke is he pulled names out of a hat. This was, besides everything else, cruel to the people who were let go. The product is truly substandard, is old technology, the the free support s useless. Every employee who built the business is out, morale is non exhistant, and the only light is the fake reviews written by management. Crazyness

17 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sales Engineer

Aug 21, 2015 - Sales Engineer in Roseville, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and room to grow skill set. Free lunches every Monday and Wednesday with a kitchen full of snacks and good benefits.

Cons

Young company, processes change frequently. Mistakes were made resulting in lay-offs. Not much room for advancement under Sales department.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

If Everyone Is Moving Forward Together, Then Success Takes Care Of Itself

Jan 4, 2017 - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Annual President Club Trips (Hawaii, Utah, Mexico) * Executives care about the day-to-day success of employees * Analyst continue to place Act-On as the only private company as a leader * Upward mobility across the organization * Company is the healthiest it's ever been * Continued education * Constant product Innovation * PAY! * Annual company kick off * Stock options * Culture: Annual summer BBQ, Ping Pong Tournaments, Monthly Sales Contest, Snacks, Lunches, * GYM reimbursement * Transparency

Cons

If you think working in a high-paced startup is a con, then this job isn't for you. If you think change is con, this job isn't for you. Reading negative reviews from people who worked here for 3 years; "Why did you work here for 3 years then?"

7 people found this review helpful