Actavis Reviews | Glassdoor

Actavis Reviews

Updated December 22, 2016

Pros
  • Great benefits, company car, flexibility (in 23 reviews)

• very good benefits ; reasonable work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

"Actavis (now Allergan)"

Former Employee - Human Resources Communication Specialist in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Human Resources Communication Specialist in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Actavis (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good learning opportunity and ability to leverage your skills.

Cons

A rigid top-down management style, stifling environment, lip service to mentoring.

Advice to Management

Wake up and face reality.

2. "Inside Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Weston, FL

I worked at Actavis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Bonuses GREAT benefits (health insurance, 401K)

Cons

Way too many managers and way too much interference. We could have used some product knowledge courses or anything to give us a competitive edge, but they were more focused on selling techniques.

Advice to Management

GO AWAY! There are way too many of you. I understand having management for each "team" (east coast, west coast, etc), but what did their manager Tony Ludovico do? I dare someone to answer that question. Also, they kept cutting compensation. If you want the best sales team to work their hardest, reward them for their efforts. I swear I made more my first month when I brought it almost no money than I did my last month when I was in the top tier of sales reps. There is SO much turn over, and for GOOD reason!

3. "review"

Former Employee - Process Operator II in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Former Employee - Process Operator II in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at Actavis (More than a year)

Pros

overtime, great benefits and pto

Cons

mandatory overtime and mandatory 12

5. "High pressure, poor training, difficult sell."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Rockaway, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Rockaway, NJ

Pros

If you make it here, you can make it anywhere. It is a real pharmaceutical job and they take people with no previous pharma experience.

Cons

High pressure management tactics, poor sales training, and scummy corporate culture. Not willing to invest in real sales training.

Advice to Management

Bring in some sales industry experts that can polish new hires with little or no experience do that they can hit the ground running with greater success.

6. "Pharmaceutical Sales"

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Actavis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great industry; Actavis has a balance of generics and branded products, great for the company. Currently the 3rd largest pharma company. As long as you "do your job" you'll have good salary and benefits.

Cons

After Actavis' recent merger with Forest, management's focus is strictly "activity" driven, NOT what's best for their customers, not sustainable long term. There is NO longer any job security in this industry, as consolidation is the norm now.

Advice to Management

By focusing on the "number of signatures per day, per rep" Actavis is one of the leading problems in the industry. By not being respectful to your customers, the Physicians, they will continue to be increasingly upset with the pharmaceutical industry, specifically the ones like Forest who don't respect their time, and put up blockades to access.

7. "Hiring ignorant managers"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Actavis as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

the people I worked with were amazing

Cons

management was a bit off. I was told a comment that I will never forget and I wonder how this person continues to work in HR in the same capacity after several complaints

Advice to Management

Start choosing better the managers you employee so you can stop loosing skilled and great people

"Chaos"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Actavis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

financially stable in hyper growth mode. Assuming they learn from their Integration mistakes, the company could emerge as a new model for pharma.

Cons

complete chaos, poorly handled integrations, w/ abject disregard for people. Decision appear to have been made by consultants w/ limited understanding of operational requirements needed to actively and efficiently promote so many products.

Advice to Management

practice the values you preach before your left w/ no one to do the grunt work. The job market is getting better everyday.

9. "It's only about the next M&A"

Former Employee - Informatics in Clifton, NJ
    Former Employee - Informatics in Clifton, NJ

I worked at Actavis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When promotions took place the increases rocked.

Cons

Change and more change. The new Forest Leadership only cares about the shareholders. They are not running a company, they are just getting ready for the next M&A.

Advice to Management

You have great people working for you. Reward them for their hard work.

10. "Anxious & Turbulent environment and demotivated work force, poor communication."

Current Employee - Director in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Actavis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None at this time - hopefully it will improve and there might be some Pros - once the integration of Legacy Forest and Actavis is fully completed.

Cons

No work life balance, Promotions are far and few. Employees are stretched too thin. Not realistic for proper functioning of a Branded R&D. Poor communication.

Advice to Management

If Management is serious about Branded R&D - please allocate adequate resources.

11. "Get your experience and move on"

Current Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Elizabeth, NJ
    Current Employee - Quality Control Chemist in Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at Actavis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Because company is relatively small in size, there are substantial vertical and lateral movement opportunities. Also, company is growing so on a large scale, it has a nice up-side

Cons

The work of a quality control chemist by nature is very repetitive to the point where one feels as though he is a robot. Management dehumanizes their inferiors by the lack of respect they have towards them. Many people lack the soft skills that would make the working environment a little more pleasant. There aren't many people one would look forward to seeing, rather there are many that you have to "deal with" throughout the day. One feels as though they are very much isolated. Its not exactly an interactive job. One stays later than usual consistently which could be very stressful. You get the impression that the company is cheap.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the chemists and have the supervisors show a little more professionalism at the work place.