Actiance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kailash Ambwani

Pros
  • Work is not that hectic, flexible timing makes easier to maintain work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Work from home facility is there (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There will be no work life balance after joining this company and besides that they will also add a stretch goal to achieve in your goals (in 8 reviews)

• The HR policies are old and is more of service based company rather than product based company (in 9 reviews)

1. "Working at Actiance"

I have been working at Actiance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Vibrant and healthy culture
    - Strong executive team with industry expertise and long term vision
    - Company is focused on taking care of employees with great benefits, compensation and appreciation- Great career growth opportunities
    + People, People, People! Diverse set of employees makes working here fun

Cons

- Fast paced environment can be hard for some people to keep up.

Advice to Management

with the fast pace of growth should not lose its current culture when growing.

"Good, Relaxed work. Talented people"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Actiance (More than a year)

Pros

Talented people.
    Trememdous growth.
    Leader in their field.
    Work - Life balance.
    Products are enriching to work on.

Cons

Delegation of work is more. Hence, days sometime just go by scrolling on the screen.
    Pay raise is not substantial.
    Recognition of work sometimes goes unnoticed.

"Professional Services Project Manager"

Former Employee - PS Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - PS Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home about 70% of the time. Good salary.

Cons

Senior management made a decision to make an engineer the manager of the project manager which did not work out well due to losing full control of project scheduling and deliverables. Remote engineers work too many hours and days causing quality and schedule issues.

Advice to Management

Have senior management be over the project managers vs the engineer which is part of the project team.

"Senior Technical Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Actiance full-time

Pros

Working at Actiance has given me the opportunity to meet very technical and skilled people and to learn new technologies. The Support Team is great and always willing to help when needed. If you do your job professionally there is a high chance to get promoted along with a decent pay increase.

Cons

None that comes to my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job!

"Great company with competative pay"

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good (otherwise I wouldn't have accepted, right).

My team/coworkers are all intelligent and hard working (nothing worse than working with lazy people).

The work is challenging (which is a plus for me) and there is a LOT to learn (another plus).

Honestly, while searching, my primary criteria (yes, even over the pay) was that it was challenging work (so that I'm not bored after 1 year). And also an opportunity to learn new/different skills. I feel comfortable that I've found both here.

My local Supervisor has been great to work with. Very down to earth personality. Very knowledgeable about the products/solutions we support and a great resource when needed.

Management in general have been very supportive and easy to approach if needed (I tend not to). I've been working hard to learn my job, management sees it and they acknowledge it...that's all I ask!

The CEO has a great personality/vision and he's a breath of fresh air (from where I'm coming from).

Last, this is a growing company. As the company continues to grow, I can foresee possible future opportunities here. We'll see.

So far, a good decision!

Cons

While I have found no cons so far I will add this for some...

If you're looking to work here (at least in Support) be ready to learn and learn quickly. I've been working in the support world for a while now (over 16yrs) and I've always loved troubleshooting and I pick up on new concepts relatively quickly. On top of that, I've honed my soft skills over the years so I deal with customers well. You'll need both skills here!

Simply put, if you have the experience/background and willingness to LEARN, you will like it here. If not, then you'll want to stay away.

Advice to Management

I'm happy so I have no advice at this time. I reserve the right to update this review! LOL

"Very fast paced and great people"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are the best to work with and the vision of the CEO is clear with appropriate accountability to assure that the job is getting done. Lots of very smart, motivated and hard working people to work with you in a collaborative manner. Finger pointing is not tolerated just get your job done and communicate professionally.

Cons

The work load can be great and high expectations attached. If you are looking for a place to idle until your next job, this is not the place for you. You really need to be on top of your game or don't bother joining this organization. For me that is not a con because I like the pace, but for some it could really be a bad fit. oh... very important... Could use a better coffee machine!

Advice to Management

Keep the communication level high and the candor in your feedback is appreciated. This level of accountability is taking the company to the next level. Town halls and employee news letters are great!

"good company to learn with good pay scale"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer QA Automation in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer QA Automation in Belmont, CA

I worked at Actiance (More than a year)

Pros

1-Good Learning 2-Good work life balance 3-Btter pay from other company in the same range

Cons

There were nothing bad about company but can have better office place

"A Complete Mess"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Actiance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Payroll is on time, insurance works.

Cons

This thing is a head scratcher. Ancient technology with endless moving requirements, no product management to trust, vague goals, ETC.
    I'm really disappointed with Actiance management, senior leadership and the board of directors.

Advice to Management

None they will listen to...

"Worst politics with incompetent middle management with nepotism"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Actiance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing noteworthy to provide other than learning more on how high one can go if you have the right connections however incompetent you are (Nepotism at its BEST)

Cons

- Incompetent Middle management took over support team and making the lives of support teams in Atlanta, India and Redwood city (excepting the ones that came through the connections, using the highest form of Nepotism) miserable.
    - Any constructive ideas will be stuck down. If you don't go by the incompetent, non-technical middle managers, you will be pushed around.
    - You will be rewarded well if you worked for this incompetent middle management in the past even though you don't do any jobs.
    - People with no connections will be pushed around and will be forced to carry the extra baggage the middle management has brought in with them.
    - Middle management has the habit of "Missing in Action" in the disguise of Working from Home and pushing all the responsibilities down on the existing teams in Atlanta and India, as Redwood city staff are the sidekicks of incompetent middle management that joined recently.
    - People like us in Atlanta (where most of the US tech support works) are pushed around, lower than market rate compensation and absolutely no career growth.
    - If you fall in line, you will be allowed to work from home, avoid or minimize weekend support, get away with no technical involvement and push it on people who rebel or don't fall in line with the middle management.

Advice to Management

Weed out these No Value Add Middle management and get a competent, technically savvy management staff from high flying SaaS and Cloud Security Company, so the organization will be valued on par with other companies.

"Solid company - so glad I joined!"

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a huge corporation with over 8K employees, your voice is never heard and your contribution is never appreciated, With Actiance, I have felt like I belong and what I do and contribute matters. The leadership team exemplifies innovative thinkings and if you are an open-minded person, you won't be able to help but get excited about what's coming. I've never worked so hard and never felt so excited over the endless possibilities.

Cons

The company is growing fast and with it are challenges like any other place. However, I would consider them good challenges.