Actiance Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 17, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kailash Ambwani

Pros
  • Work is not that hectic, flexible timing makes easier to maintain work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Work from home option is available if you are in the good books of your manager/director as well as the HR manager (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There will be no work life balance after joining this company and besides that they will also add a stretch goal to achieve in your goals (in 7 reviews)

• The HR policies are old and is more of service based company rather than product based company (in 8 reviews)

1. "Working at Actiance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Actiance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Vibrant and healthy culture
    - Strong executive team with industry expertise and long term vision
    - Company is focused on taking care of employees with great benefits, compensation and appreciation- Great career growth opportunities
    + People, People, People! Diverse set of employees makes working here fun

Cons

- Fast paced environment can be hard for some people to keep up.

Advice to Management

with the fast pace of growth should not lose its current culture when growing.

"Senior Technical Support Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Actiance full-time

Pros

Working at Actiance has given me the opportunity to meet very technical and skilled people and to learn new technologies. The Support Team is great and always willing to help when needed. If you do your job professionally there is a high chance to get promoted along with a decent pay increase.

Cons

None that comes to my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job!

"Great company with competative pay"

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good (otherwise I wouldn't have accepted, right).

My team/coworkers are all intelligent and hard working (nothing worse than working with lazy people).

The work is challenging (which is a plus for me) and there is a LOT to learn (another plus).

Honestly, while searching, my primary criteria (yes, even over the pay) was that it was challenging work (so that I'm not bored after 1 year). And also an opportunity to learn new/different skills. I feel comfortable that I've found both here.

My local Supervisor has been great to work with. Very down to earth personality. Very knowledgeable about the products/solutions we support and a great resource when needed.

Management in general have been very supportive and easy to approach if needed (I tend not to). I've been working hard to learn my job, management sees it and they acknowledge it...that's all I ask!

The CEO has a great personality/vision and he's a breath of fresh air (from where I'm coming from).

Last, this is a growing company. As the company continues to grow, I can foresee possible future opportunities here. We'll see.

So far, a good decision!

Cons

While I have found no cons so far I will add this for some...

If you're looking to work here (at least in Support) be ready to learn and learn quickly. I've been working in the support world for a while now (over 16yrs) and I've always loved troubleshooting and I pick up on new concepts relatively quickly. On top of that, I've honed my soft skills over the years so I deal with customers well. You'll need both skills here!

Simply put, if you have the experience/background and willingness to LEARN, you will like it here. If not, then you'll want to stay away.

Advice to Management

I'm happy so I have no advice at this time. I reserve the right to update this review! LOL

"Very fast paced and great people"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are the best to work with and the vision of the CEO is clear with appropriate accountability to assure that the job is getting done. Lots of very smart, motivated and hard working people to work with you in a collaborative manner. Finger pointing is not tolerated just get your job done and communicate professionally.

Cons

The work load can be great and high expectations attached. If you are looking for a place to idle until your next job, this is not the place for you. You really need to be on top of your game or don't bother joining this organization. For me that is not a con because I like the pace, but for some it could really be a bad fit. oh... very important... Could use a better coffee machine!

Advice to Management

Keep the communication level high and the candor in your feedback is appreciated. This level of accountability is taking the company to the next level. Town halls and employee news letters are great!

"good company to learn with good pay scale"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer QA Automation in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer QA Automation in Belmont, CA

I worked at Actiance (More than a year)

Pros

1-Good Learning 2-Good work life balance 3-Btter pay from other company in the same range

Cons

There were nothing bad about company but can have better office place

"Solid company - so glad I joined!"

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a huge corporation with over 8K employees, your voice is never heard and your contribution is never appreciated, With Actiance, I have felt like I belong and what I do and contribute matters. The leadership team exemplifies innovative thinkings and if you are an open-minded person, you won't be able to help but get excited about what's coming. I've never worked so hard and never felt so excited over the endless possibilities.

Cons

The company is growing fast and with it are challenges like any other place. However, I would consider them good challenges.

"Great Culture, Great Company, Great Perks, even better people"

Current Employee - Senior Leadership in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Leadership in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Actiance has a great culture and collaborative environment, very strong and innovative leadership, open communication, and a professional work atmosphere where you are treated as professional adults. A refreshing change to say the least!

This culture drives everything we do and is supported by the company's core values that every employee knows and lives by each day.

Actiance offers many great perks from flexible hours with telecommute, lunch that is brought in daily and you get to order from a wide variety of healthy items, a beautiful work-space with an awesome view of the water, a well-equipped gym, walking trails, swimming pool, rock climbing walls, and so much more. Actiance has an employee led Fun Committee that hosts a variety of cool onsite and offsite events. The perks are wonderful, but the professional experience is even better. Leadership places a heavy emphasis on both culture and the employee.

Actiance is growing quickly and the environment is dynamic and fast paced. This working environment demands the best from all employees. Not everyone possesses the mental stamina to keep up, but Actiance offers quarterly bonus plans and perks to reward those who do.

Cons

Not true cons, rather things to be aware of. Actiance is a mature company with its Vantage and Socialite solutions, but more recently is seeing significant growth and at a rapid pace. There's a heavy investment in new employees and growth, so lots of moving parts, training and activity throughout. More structure and improved process are continually implemented and needed to allow for ability to scale. There are growing pains to consider and continually planned for, especially with the anticipated growth the Alcatraz solution will bring.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on culture and happy employees, continue to improve our products, and in going the extra mile to making the customers happy. Continue with the open communication and frequent updates from CEO and Leadership teams. Continue to reward employees who are willing to put in the work that helps make the company successful. Continue to invest in technology to keep the business running full speed ahead.

"Incredible opportunity! Trends lines all point to success!"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President Business Development, Channels in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Actiance is a mature company that has released several innovative and disruptive products that have it well positioned to be a very important company. It's current compliance products are deployed by the most conservative financial services organization and its new communications archive/content store has wide applications across the enterprise. Recent partnership announcement with IBM will accelerate distribution.

Cons

Fast paced environment requires commitment, accountability to succeed. This is a place where you have the opportunity to grab the brass ring and run with it, shining a bright light on the quality of your work and effort.

Advice to Management

Alcatraz has an incredible opportunity - lead with it!

"I love this company!"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Actiance Platform is so relevant in today's business culture. The management team does a great job of keeping us happy - lunch everyday, beautiful on-site gym, and most importantly, "thank you" notes for job accomplishments. This is the first company I've come across in many years that has such a high level of integrity and a culture of teamwork. These traits enable this relatively small company to function as effectively as one with thousands of employees.

Cons

The traffic to our Redwood City office can be daunting. Typically, though, the company is flexible on work hours and working from home if needed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

11. "Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Partner Management in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Partner Management in Redwood City, CA

Pros

Nice office location with Gym, running trails and lunch perks. Good collaborative environment and great people to work with. It's a good place to learn and be involved in business decisions and grow as an individual as you're expected to deliver on your task. It's a fast paced start-up environment with great potential.

Cons

It's a fast paced start up environment and can be overwhelming at times, but it teaches you to manage your time properly. CEO can be demanding, but I'm glad he means business, otherwise it'd be a waste of my time.

Advice to Management

Celebrate good work more often!