Actiance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Kailash Ambwani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work is not that hectic, flexible timing makes easier to maintain work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Overall a great company where you can learn a lot (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There will be no work life balance after joining this company and besides that they will also add a stretch goal to achieve in your goals (in 8 reviews)

• The HR policies are old and is more of service based company rather than product based company (in 9 reviews)

1. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Team Lead Sales and Marketing Operations in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Team Lead Sales and Marketing Operations in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Actiance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of new Technologies to Learn, Flexible work Hours, WFH options available, wonderful Product to sell!!

Cons

Senior Members in US office do not Value Employees in India, They do not care how hard they work or not!!

Advice to Management

Respect Employee Hardwork and Initiatives!!

"Good, Relaxed work. Talented people"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Actiance (More than a year)

Pros

Talented people.
    Trememdous growth.
    Leader in their field.
    Work - Life balance.
    Products are enriching to work on.

Cons

Delegation of work is more. Hence, days sometime just go by scrolling on the screen.
    Pay raise is not substantial.
    Recognition of work sometimes goes unnoticed.

"work on areas of improvement"

Pros

salary is ok, but mgmt and process not doing great

Cons

The HR policies are not that great. Work pressure is high.Politically incorrect statements and actions. No proper judgement before taking final decisions.
        Expectations are too high with less time provided, with improper,incomplete KT and no proper documentations.Random decisions
        Too much of dependency created for availing info within team. Team has no strong bonds, with no support/cooperation for new joinees to team.
        Old tigers wins default by playing politics among team.Not found team work culture.
        directors/managers are very good at politics.Non technical business head,directors and non technical QA managers. HR is just a puppet under management.
        IF one can survive bearing all mgmt here, can survice anywhere in the world

4. "Working at Actiance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Actiance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Vibrant and healthy culture
    - Strong executive team with industry expertise and long term vision
    - Company is focused on taking care of employees with great benefits, compensation and appreciation- Great career growth opportunities
    + People, People, People! Diverse set of employees makes working here fun

Cons

- Fast paced environment can be hard for some people to keep up.

Advice to Management

with the fast pace of growth should not lose its current culture when growing.

"Someone technical"

I worked at Actiance full-time

Pros

You receive a paycheck regularly.

Cons

Chaotic. Little Training. Silos. Political.

6. "Great Work, Decent company"

Current Employee - Senior Lead in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Lead in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Actiance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My work is on cutting edge cloud technologies with a great team. Professionally, I am enjoying the work and challenges. I have opportunity and freedom to express my opinion on technical matter and people in my team are supportive. My Manager and director are great role models. Company has decent office and some fun HR initiatives

Cons

Work pressure is high. Company should hire more people. There can be more benefits.

Advice to Management

Hire more people, give more benefits. Allow coffee in cubicle.

"Sales = Avoid like the plague"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Actiance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really great people in specific functional areas of the company (I.E. sales engineering, sales, marketing, product, etc.)
    A couple of good front-line managers to help work through deal structure.
    Continuing education of product set is decent.

Cons

A previous reviewer called the leadership 'patronizing and childlish.' This could not be MORE accurate! I have never seen a company in my 20 years of sales attempt to publicly bully and admonish its sales people in such a vicious way. Whether it is QBRs(which are constant), forecast calls, drill-downs, deal reviews, or regular cadences. It is a non-stop beating regardless of your interaction with Sr. Sales Mgmt. Turnover among the SF is dizzying. Once leadership gets involved with a deal(they take it over),they will either outright kill it with their inability to build rapport as they constantly hammer prospects/customers out of pure desperation or re-structure things so you make no money. If you are considering taking a 'sales job' at this company I suggest having another job waiting since unless you were bought in by Sr. leadership you will not last long. Taking a 'sales role' at Actiance is truly the worst decision of my profession career. I suggest avoiding this place like the plaque.

Advice to Management

Adopt some changes to vastly improve the culture and values.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Actiance full-time

Pros

Great product and strong leadership

Cons

fast-paced environment and long hours for some levels

"Actiance Executive and Sales Management"

I have been working at Actiance full-time

Pros

The current technology is powerful and provides and opportunity to sell into a market that needs refreshed technology. Actiance legacy technology in the financial services sector provides a foundation as an entry point to the targeted sector, albeit at an engineering level. Marketing activities are taking a solid turn to the positive.

Cons

There is a patronizing childishness to the leadership at Actiance. The heavy handed sales and executive leadership feels and acts like business done the 1990's. It is not uncommon for sales persons to be embarrassed or targeted publicly. Further, this company has a severe identity crisis and focuses heavily on operational structure while forgetting the soft skills that make companies succeed. The sales team will continue to turnover, either leaving on their own through frustration around an antiquated sales environment, or through a short sighted executive team.

Advice to Management

The only reason to rate Actiance as high as 2 stems from their new technology and a solid core of SME's. Otherwise this company rates less than 1. VC's would be served well to adopt a management team with a more progressive modern approach.

"Great Company especially to implement your ideas"

Current Employee - Specialist Information Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Specialist Information Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Actiance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's sad to see so many negative reviews on the documentation team. I have been working here exactly one year and we have seen great progress from where I started. We are getting good recognition special thanks to the Doc Manager who encourages us to try to innovate and supports during the process. Work is a little stressful but I have learnt a lot as compared to my past experiences with big companies. It was extremely challenging initially to bring in process. We have been collaborating actively with field teams to improve our documentation. Overall a great company where you can learn a lot.

Cons

Better work from home opportunities will help