Action Care Ambulance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Allen J. Powers
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic first-time EMT provider"

Former Employee - EMT in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - EMT in Englewood, CO

I worked at Action Care Ambulance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small, familial, and friendly. The Vice President/COO had an open door policy and she was a fantastic resource whenever I couldn't find what I was looking for from somebody else. If I had a problem with a partner, with a dispatcher, or just had a difficult call, there was never a shortage of support. I can't say enough good about this place - I miss it greatly.

Cons

As with EMS in general, the pay was not great. It was better than most other services in the area like AMR or Mile High, but still not enough for what we do.

2. "Leaps and bounds"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Denver, CO

I have been working at Action Care Ambulance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great life work balance with flexible scheduling, growing, lots of 911 calls, expanded scope for ACLS calls. New ambulances, great management team with true understanding of how life works, not just a number. Many shift options to choose from. Everyone is treated like family.

Cons

The cons are really non existent. Pay increases and bonuses have alleviated the cons.

Advice to Management

You all are doing a great job over the last couple of years with turning things around and making a welcoming environment.

"A fresh start"

Former Employee - EMS in Littleton, CO
    Former Employee - EMS in Littleton, CO

I worked at Action Care Ambulance (More than a year)

Pros

Overall a good company to get your start in EMS. There was a change in management and ownership awhile back. As a result in the change the company is going forward.

Do spend a lot of time doing IFT, but they do what they can to get you some 911 calls which seems to keep people focused.

Cons

The up keep on the ambulances, old ownership fell behind on a replacement plan. (they are actively replacing what they can) Top it off with a handful of trauma twinkies, a person in the past wanted to go Euro when he ordered rigs. He didn't get the memo that while euro ambulances are narrow they are tall. Instead 4 of the twinkies are narrow and short, each have 2 cabinets that cannot be accessed if the stretcher is inside the ambulance. Not the brightest idea, Dad!

Advice to Management

streamline your staffing software. Allow us to see our shifts via the interwebs. Stop the monthly or quarterly shift bidding. Have a more permeant shift system that allows for changes when needed.

4. "A great place to start your EMS career and get a myriad of experiences."

Current Employee - EMT Basic
    Current Employee - EMT Basic

Pros

- Hires and trains fresh EMT'S and medics.
    - Wide variety of experience from facility and joint flight transports, 911 scene calls and Fire Department support.
    - Management made a genuine effort to work with my schedule in regard to school and family obligations.
    - Manegment worked

Cons

EMS salaries are low, but that's the standard. I actually found Action Care to have slightly better compensation.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

"Would not recommend this company"

Former Employee - Paramedic Supervisor in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Paramedic Supervisor in Englewood, CO

I worked at Action Care Ambulance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

instead of learning how to be an EMT you will learn how to bill medicare properly. i guess that's not really a pro

Cons

the management of this company treats their employees horribly. the management acts on emotions and are constantly starting drama that makes no sense to people who are new, because new employees realize how petty and disturbing the actions of the management are.

Advice to Management

retire. you clearly burned out 30 years ago. let people who are there to make a difference be there and do their job. instead, you treat the place like an ambulance company from the 90's. if you are too cheap to buy GPS units, or even fix broken old weird smelling rigs, then you are clearly in business to make money not to help people