Active Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Active Network Reviews

Updated April 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • This makes a work-life balance difficult (in 32 reviews)

• Upper management didn't always see the bigger picture (in 43 reviews)

"Terrible work environment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

Pros

HR is very understanding to the employees but their hands are tied.

Cons

Sales Managers have no idea what they are doing and although they "care" about their teams they constantly send out treating emails about PIP. ACTIVE is a stressful place to work and there is no way to be successful with the continuous change in expectations and management. There is no sense of security or appreciation.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees or don't be surprised when everyone leaves

"Micromanagement to the Extreme"

Former Employee - Market Development Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Market Development Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Active Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool office space, some decent perks.

Cons

The level of micromanagement I experienced was unimaginable. The compensation plans for Sales are constantly changing and rarely attainable. Revolving door, just about everyone I knew there was looking for another job.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns and make changes that will actually help people succeed, not make it tougher to reach the goals.

3. "Okay for a pitstop"

Former Employee - Resolution Specialist in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Resolution Specialist in Honolulu, HI

Pros

Work from home, training was super easy. Work/Life balance for me was fine due to I only worked M-F daytime hours.

Cons

Pay was not conducive to industry standards, so bypass Active if you have any bills. Took daily overflow calls for all other states and facilities althouh I never received any training outside of my specialty which was Honolulu ONLY. There were no real opportunities for advancement even with specialized training and degree.

Advice to Management

Come up to industry standards on pay and experience especially for working for government facilities and employee turn-around will deminish.

"Mediocrity everywhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Active Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Corporate offices are slick and modern
    • Decent amount of work/life balance
    • Lots of opportunity to improve processes that don't work

Cons

• Lower-than-average salaries has led to a lot of very mediocre hires.
    • Senior management are too comfortable in their jobs to innovate the company.
    • Outdated, ugly software products are stagnant in the marketplace.
    • Company is extremely fragmented with too business units that are not turning a profit.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with the workers and listen to their ideas. Focus on the core business of software and kill off business units that aren't working or are underperforming.

"Pick Active Network if you have no other choice"

Former Employee - Senior Public Relations Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Public Relations Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Active Network (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice new offices that you can appreciate the appearance of, global offices, few compete in this space, ability to earn up to 4 weeks vacation after 3 years.

Cons

This company struggles to truly understand their clients (internal and external). There is very little room for advancement. Senior management does not believe they are responsible for any struggles but praise themselves for any and all wins. There is constant turnover. Be careful about sharing any new ideas because management will take credit for your ideas.

Advice to Management

Don't always put yourself first. Think about the people that report into you and recognize them for the hard work they do.

7. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Active Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at ACTIVE since May of this year and have found it to be a fun work environment with setting up employees for success. I've already been promoted once and on the path to more advancements within my division as well as to parallel divisions. Direct management feels more like a coach than a slave driver and helps anyway they can to continued success.

Cons

The atmosphere would only be a bad one to ones whom are underachievers. The goals we are set are reasonable to obtain.

Advice to Management

Keep up the ever evolving atmosphere for the greater growth of the company.

8. "Digital Marketing Consultant"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Active Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I very much appreciate all the experience and opportunities ACTIVE has given me during my time as a Digital Marketing Consultant. The DMC/TMC team is an invaluable resource to the organization. Leaving ACTIVE is bittersweet, as I will miss my coworkers, team, and manager. The people at ACTIVE are what make it a great place to work.

Cons

I was really looking forward to the opportunity to continue working with ACTIVE internationally. Unfortunately, there was miscommunication and delays over the course of 6 months that contributed to my transfer/relocation not being approved. Those responsible for international transfers and visas need to improve their processes and communication.

Advice to Management

Have transparent communication between departments and teams. Continue quarterly meetings and town halls as a way to bring all teams together and celebrate accomplishments. Prioritize customer retention and revenue rather than viewing bookings as more important. Invest in employees to prevent turnover. Focus on quality, rather than quantity in relationship to products, deals, and customer relationships.

"This was definitely not what I expected but better than nothing"

Former Employee - Work At Home Reservation Agent in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Work At Home Reservation Agent in New York, NY

I worked at Active Network part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home is the main benefit. The calls are easy, and the majority of the customers are nice.

Cons

very low pay, calls are back to back, and some calls appear to be mystery shoppers.

Advice to Management

Working more than 4 hours per shift is unhealthy for anyone with back to back calls.
    Breaks should be no less than 15 minutes and every 2 hours.
    The pay is just not worth it for the expectations from management, Just remember you really do get what you pay for.

"One star is over rated for this place!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Can't really think of any, aside from being employed until something better came along.

Cons

90% of the management team was newly hired when Vista took over so they were already set up for failure. All the competent people were escorted out, and the others left on their own accord after seeing the destruction occur. Everyone knows that the Dallas office is simply smoke and mirrors. This news article really makes me laugh -- "AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry has announced a Texas Enterprise Fund (TEF) investment of $8.6 million in Active Network, LLC, which is relocating its headquarters from San Diego, California to Dallas, creating 1,000 jobs and $13 million in capital investment."
    Never saw 1,000 people working there simultaneously. Majority of the office space was empty.
    If you're in a jam and need income until something better comes along, then this place is for you, otherwise, stay away.

"Not worth your time."

Former Employee - At Home Reservation Agent in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - At Home Reservation Agent in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Active Network (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros
    I get to work at home.

Cons

The pay is not that great. The keep piling on new contracts before you can get a handle on the current ones you have and does not give you the option to turn down learning new contracts. I was told I don't have a choice. When requesting time off certain time zones get more than others.

Advice to Management

If you wouldn't do it don't ask your employees to. Revamp your time off schedule so it is fair to everyone. Ask if somebody is ready to learn more before making them do it and pay them more if they know more contracts. If somebody applies for seasonal don't assume they want to become full-time.