KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 220 of over 304 reviews

3.6
Activision Blizzard Director, President & Ceo Robert A. Kotick
Robert A. Kotick
Pros
  • "Activision Blizzard hires great people(in 15 reviews)

• "Getting to work on cool upcoming video games(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Industry-typical work-life balance that is strained during crunch periods(in 11 reviews)

• "Long hours: While the hours fluctuate throughout the year, the busy times are extremely busy with 10-12(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Activision Blizzard and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

Many opportunities and great care for its people

Oct 1, 2020 - Corporate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Activision Blizzard is an incredibly diverse company with some of the most world renowned, enduring global franchises. I love the opportunities in the organization to explore the many moving parts, and participate in cross-enterprise dialogues. Internal mobility is promoted, meaning career paths are not limited to the BU at which you being your ATVI journey. I also want to note the extraordinary job the company has done during these recent challenging times. The support from the HR and Benefits departments has truly been special, providing an enormous amount of tools and resources to the entire employee population. This attention to their people during an especially unique circumstance has made the organization standout in my mind in comparison to its contemporaries.

Cons

An inherent aspect of working for a Fortune 500 company can be the difficulty to connect with colleagues around the vast infrastructure of the organization. While ATVI has many systems in place to encourage this type of engagement, it can be challenging to understand the cohesive global strategy. That said, I joined at the onset of the pandemic, which added an extra layer of complexity through the removal of in-person networking and socialization.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

top notch company

Aug 1, 2021 - Vice President Internal Audit
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall rewarding place to work

Cons

An avid intérêst in Interactive entertainment

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 12, 2021 - QA - Game Tester in Eden Prairie, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super friendly, good pay, understanding when needed time off

Cons

Not the best location, but that's a minimal complaint

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Hemorrhaging Top Talent

Jun 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The human beings you work with are amazing Great benefits and perks Super cool product

Cons

New CPO started changing too much and taking things in the wrong direction Corporate is so disconnected from what their money-making Studios do Poor base pay makes poaching a piece of cake Lack of innovation and franchise fatigue

Activision Blizzard Response

Thank you for this candid feedback. Our CEO's vision reflects the mission of the company to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. Our shared focus on that mission positions us to collaborate, adapt, innovate, and deliver the best and most engaging experiences for our players and fans as they want consistent content, at a level that is unparalleled. Moreover, we’re committed to creating an environment that inspires our employees around the world so we can attract and retain the best talent and continue to evolve with the industry. Thank you again for your feedback, and best of luck in your future endeavors.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good company, Nice coworker

Jun 23, 2021 - Motion Graphics Designer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice coworker, do cares about there employee!

Cons

Salary low compare with other companies or studios for junior motion graphics designer.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Good Experience Overall

Jun 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects and first in class technology to learn.

Cons

Overall compensation based on project assignments and sales which is somewhat out of your control.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great people to work with, communication lacking

May 27, 2021 - Construction Manager in Saint Paul, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great work, good hours, different shifts available, and decent advancement opportunities

Cons

Comms between leadership and testers lacking, equipment troubles slow to solve occasionally, comms between MN and LA are very limited and need to be improved, lots of "hurry up and wait"

Activision Blizzard Response

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. We are committed to creating an environment that best serves our employees and want you to feel supported. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR representative to discuss how to best address the issues you describe.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

This aint it chief

Apr 15, 2021 - Junior QA Tester in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work remote and play video games all day. Honestly pretty decent benefits, they'll reimburse you for your internet bill up to $100 a month.

Cons

It gets old really quickly. Sometimes, you'll be playing the same level or mode for an entire day or more. Manual over time so you're looking at being forced to sit at a desk for 12 hours a day. They can change the schedule at any moment, so you could be a minute from clocking out and they're able to tell everyone to stay for two more hours. Horrible work-life balance. Holidays are not guaranteed time off. It's clear that your leads don't really care about you.

2 people found this review helpful

Activision Blizzard Response

Thank you for sharing this feedback. We take all concerns about your work experience and work-life balance seriously. If you would be willing to provide additional information about your specific situation, we encourage you to reach out to your HR representative so they can help you find solutions.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very booooring job, but you do get guaranteed overtime (if you're into that)

Jun 2, 2021 - Manual QA Tester in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back (especially when working remotely), easy way to get video game experience on your resume (though don't expect it to be your "way in"), the work itself is pretty straightforward and easy to get the hang of, management seems empathetic and has been making good changes so far, and overtime pay is nice if you're willing to go into a work grind.

Cons

As the title says, very boring, especially if you're already not a big fan of COD or shooters (there's NOT a good chance you'll work on any other title when you're starting out). We've been playing the same game mode all day, almost everyday (usually 50 hours a week, sometimes more) for over a month now, and the game mode wasn't even that fun to start with, let alone the game itself, which is one of the lamest in the series to date IMO. Hopefully that will give you a picture of what the job is like. Your KPI is also the amount of bugs that you've written (they care a bit about quality, but quantity is mostly what they look for). But, It's really hard to find and write new bugs when you've been playing the same game mode everyday, especially when you're competing with almost 50 other people to call out the bugs first. Unless you're a go-getter, love the corporate structure, really want to move up in Activision QA (don't expect to work your way up to a dev job from this position), and/or can, somehow, not get enough of COD, then you won't likely see any major raises or promotions.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company great culture

May 31, 2021 - Specialist Software Engineer in West Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working on games. New challenges.

Cons

High stress. Long hours. Not bad.

Activision Blizzard Response

We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying the culture here! We agree that Activision Blizzard is a great place to work, and we're happy to hear that you feel challenged in the work you do. When not working, we encourage our employees to unplug and take time for themselves during off hours. If you'd like to provide further feedback or have suggestions on how we could improve work-life balance, please reach out to your manager or HR representative.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 220 Reviews