KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Activision Blizzard

Engaged Employer

Activision Blizzard

Add a Review

Activision Blizzard Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Oct 21, 2021

Found 23 of over 370 reviews

3.6
Activision Blizzard Director, President & Ceo Robert A. Kotick
Robert A. Kotick
Pros
  • "Great people, good work-life balance(in 23 reviews)

• "Work on video games and get your name in the credits(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Waves of long hours with no provided time frame of how long they will last(in 17 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is pretty much nonexistent(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Activision Blizzard and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.self_employ-former

great company

Nov 19, 2020 - Retired in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

incredible products, great franchises, great people

Cons

not many - great place

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great people to work with, communication lacking

May 27, 2021 - Construction Manager in Saint Paul, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great work, good hours, different shifts available, and decent advancement opportunities

Cons

Comms between leadership and testers lacking, equipment troubles slow to solve occasionally, comms between MN and LA are very limited and need to be improved, lots of "hurry up and wait"

Activision Blizzard Response

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback. We are committed to creating an environment that best serves our employees and want you to feel supported. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR representative to discuss how to best address the issues you describe.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not as great as it used to be

Apr 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work with great people. Decent perks. Fast Paced. Always things to do. Exciting Industry

Cons

Bad Advancement opportunities . Management Lacks understanding what support staff does. Long hours. Lots of crunch. Plans seem to go nowhere or constantly change without notice. Never know when you might get fired. Profit sharing but if you're low on totem pole don't expect much.

Activision Blizzard Response

Thank you for the feedback, and wholeheartedly agree that our people make our business so special. It's important to us to make sure our people can grow here as professionals, which is why we offer employees growth and development opportunities at all levels, and we strive to create an environment where everyone feels valued. We have taken steps to create a compensation structure that reflects our diverse set of roles across all business units, and regularly review our salary rates to ensure they remain competitive within the industry. We take a similar approach to all our employee programs and offerings and continuously work to improve our employee experience. That said, meaningful change may take time, but we’re committed to creating an environment that best serves our employees – and, in turn, our players – around the world. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or HR representative to discuss your experience further.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great colleagues, lack of culture, and very distant management

Jan 4, 2021 - Talent Acquisition in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Activision Blizzard hires great people. Your colleagues will quickly become one of the main reasons you stay working at this company. There are plenty of development offerings available but most of it is eLearning. The company has been pretty flexible in terms of working arrangements and has a standard benefits package. Not all employees identify as gamers and most have fairly diverse backgrounds at the corporate level. VP and below are all very accessible and approachable. The CEO and other leaders are clearly doing something right as the company is doing so well, however, employees don't seem to reap the benefits with total comp, promotions, etc. We make great products and have an overall fun environment.

Cons

People are expected to do 5 people's jobs - there is never enough headcount for what we are expected to produce. There is no culture or identity for Activision Blizzard. As the corporate "parent company" who shares an office with Activision Publishing, we sort of piggy back off their values and culture. SVP and above are not in tune with the company. The leaders of the different operating companies don't seem to talk and are often not on the same page. It seems like AB leaders block a lot of good that is being requested. The pay doesn't make sense and is not transparent. There are SO many boomerang hires, that is pretty telling that people aren't being promoted or paid what they should. There are no leaders of color, and very few women leaders. Promotions are very hard to come by and we seem to go external most of the time for new roles rather than from within.

5. 4.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

It is what you make of it.

Jul 11, 2020 - QA Functional Tester
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with and a fun environment. Plenty of moments to learn and grow and increase in trust/responsibility from others.

Cons

Comes with a lot of QA jobs but expect some long nights and lots of OT to handle requests and build submission deadlines.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good job but long hours and ok pay

Feb 8, 2020 - QA Tester in Eden Prairie, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people who are always willing to help. Fun job depending on the project you are assigned.

Cons

Long hours. Overtime is a must. Pay can be better.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Dysfunctional leadership

Oct 18, 2019 - Director in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great vision and strategy - if they can pull it off with a divisive CEO and 0 collaboration across the companies in the group Mostly great people - nice friendly, smart, trying to do the right thing around the dysfunctionality They make some amazing games!

Cons

The Santa Monica office is a dump Be prepared to be overworked if you work in finance or any of the support teams - attrition is really high as people burn out and realize there are much better prospects out there The leadership team is political in the extreme - all competing to save their own skins and avoid getting cut by a genuinely dysfunctional CEO. The smart ones get out e.g. CFO

7 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Some Great things, some not so much

Mar 13, 2019 - Effects Artist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working on the Biggest properties in the world, Was once very large bonuses, Great People to work with (some bad apples), Awards were won.

Cons

Long hours, lots of politics. Not the greatest work life balance, though much of that is self imposed, and not management mandated.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Lead Technical Artist

May 12, 2017 - Lead Technical Artist in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great perks, great pay, great people.

Cons

Lots of pressure, way too much overtime.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Love it

Oct 14, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, friendly environment, casual style. Like the direction of the company, the businesses it's in and the great culture.

Cons

Can feel a little bureaucratic as we get mired in process. How do you maintain an entrepreneurial spirit while still running a large company?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews