Activision Blizzard Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Aug 11, 2020

3.5
Activision Blizzard Director, President & Ceo Robert A. Kotick
Robert A. Kotick
Pros
  • "Great people who are always willing to help(in 13 reviews)

• "Getting to work on cool upcoming video games(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Industry-typical work-life balance that is strained during crunch periods(in 11 reviews)

• "The long hours mean you have absolutely no life at all(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Good Company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Activision Blizzard full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Long Hours and a lot of different tasks

2. "The worst company I have ever worked for."

1.0
    Current Contractor - QA Tester/Analyst

I have been working at Activision Blizzard for less than a year

Pros

Getting to work on cool upcoming video games.

Cons

Horrendous pay. You get $13 an hour. You could make more working at Target. 6 day, 60 hr+ plus weeks which are not optional for months on end. This is probably the most egregious part of the job. The long hours mean you have absolutely no life at all. Friday afternoon you’re expecting to finish work at 5:30 and then you get a call saying from now on you’ll be working until 8 every night, including Saturday, from now until an undetermined time in the future. This leads to massive burnout, demotivation and resentment - at least in my own experience. Ametureish, overworked coworkers. This is really a result of terrible pay and long hours. The vast majority of the people you work with will be new, because not many people stick around for long. As a result the quality of work is generally poor and this is compensated for by hiring hoards of testers with the expectation that most will quit after a short time. Terrible benefits. The only real benefit I have is health insurance, and the most basic package at that. When you start work, you’ll get a call from a company benefits specialist who will walk you thought the different benefits the company offers. This is great, except for the fact that at $13 an hour you can’t afford anything beyond basic healthcare. I’d love to go to the dentist and get my eyes checked, but my garbage insurance won’t even cover me for exams.

Continue reading

3. "Good job but long hours and ok pay"

4.0
    Current Employee - QA Tester in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Activision Blizzard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people who are always willing to help. Fun job depending on the project you are assigned.

Cons

Long hours. Overtime is a must. Pay can be better.

"Some Great things, some not so much"

4.0
    Former Employee - Effects Artist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Activision Blizzard full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working on the Biggest properties in the world, Was once very large bonuses, Great People to work with (some bad apples), Awards were won.

Cons

Long hours, lots of politics. Not the greatest work life balance, though much of that is self imposed, and not management mandated.

"Artist"

5.0
    Current Employee - 3D Artist in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Activision Blizzard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, great projects, and the company takes care of its employees. You are def rewarded with long hours that you put in... Which in this industry is awesome!

Cons

I'm not sure if this is exactly a con, considering if you love your job.... But there can be very long hours at times. Especially during "crunch" time. Then again like I mentioned above you are rewarded for it.

"Fun environment and good people, but bad work-life balance and low compensation"

2.0
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Activision Blizzard for less than a year

Pros

- Fun atmosphere (especially if you're a gamer) - Casual dress - Free soda and coffee...and other snacks depending on the day as mentioned by others - Many great people who are willing to answer questions and help where possible - You can play games at your desk - Office is closed between Christmas and New Years

Cons

- Long hours needed to move projects along because of lack of resources - they are understaffed! - Start-up feel in terms of lack of defined processes (which can be a positive, but not something I expected to this extent in a company as old as this one) - Communication needs to improve both between and within departments - leads to confusion and misinformation - Political environment is very challenging to navigate for project decisions and career growth - Compensation is not great for contractors compared to other companies

7. "It could be better."

2.0
    Former Employee - 3D Artist in Liverpool, England

I worked at Activision Blizzard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A multi-billion dollar publishing powerhouse with many successful franchises in their portfolio.

Cons

No consideration for employees, long hours, tight schedules and deadlines. High demands with no incentives. Ruthless!

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews