KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Activus Home Loans Reviews

Updated Oct 18, 2021

Found 59 of over 59 reviews

4.2
Activus Home Loans President Jon M. Cordes (no image)
Jon M. Cordes
Pros
  • "Activus was a great company to work for as they treated me fairly and provided me with the tools needed to succeed(in 15 reviews)

• "I love how fast things move here - I've been doing loans for 15(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I would have stayed with Activus but I was was a presented an offer I could not refuse outside the industry(in 3 reviews)

• "A lot of lazy loan officers go through here - wait, this probably should be listed on Pros section of this thing(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

1. 5.0

Appreciation Post

Nov 7, 2019 - Senior Banker in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work is appreciated and rewarded. Fair and well-managed organization.

Cons

Not a place for employees who require hand-holding. The portfolio leads require some digging.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Solid Management

Oct 18, 2021 - Senior Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote, Broker, Multiple wholesale Lenders

Cons

Lead volume is low. Technology is frustrating.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Spot

Aug 14, 2019 - Senior Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive but friendly work space. Multiple lead sources with mailers, portfolio, etc. Lots of programs and competitive pricing along with a strong comp. plan. The company is mostly marketing in CA so loan amounts are high.

Cons

There is always room for improvement.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

I'm returning home

May 14, 2019 - Senior Loan Consultant in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Activus was a great company to work for as they treated me fairly and provided me with the tools needed to succeed. The quality and consistency of the marketing and back-end were ideal and provided a stable income. I left to pursue another opportunity for an offer I could not refuse. Unfortunately, this new venture was filled with empty promises and the management team at Activus was nice enough to set a start date for me to come back.

Cons

If you work hard and stay consistent at Activus, you will succeed.

5. 5.0

Great Environment

Aug 14, 2019 - Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is hands on with an open door policy where suggestions are appreciated. The LO's here are seasoned and have helped me develop into a better salesperson. The culture in general is a better fit for me and my family.

Cons

It's better than the places I have worked for previously. Definitely more of a self-starter position as they do not micro-manage you.

6. 5.0

One Year Review

Jun 3, 2019 - Senior Loan Consultant in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company with proven success even through tough markets. Management and employees really care about their customers and do everything possible to provide the best situation for all. Great location!

Cons

No 401K as of now.

7. 5.0

Great mortgage company

Jun 23, 2019 - Senior Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

straightforward company....great selection of products with competitive pricing. The back-end is quick and efficient.

Cons

Must be a self-motivated mortgage professional.

8. 5.0

MLO

May 20, 2019 - Senior Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is straight-forward and transparent. I received everything I needed to become successful. The management, marketing, and processing is superb.

Cons

Not much.....you know what you're getting into

9. 5.0

Overall Good Company

May 2, 2019 - Senior Loan Officer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, solid management, quality leads, smooth process, beautiful facility.

Cons

The commute to Irvine can be tough for me and working remote is not an option at this time.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee

VERY SLOW PROCESSING! Didn't represent opportunity accurately during interview process.

Jul 1, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been a loan officer for over 8 years and am used to the sales pitch being given during the interview process. This company is no different. I'm always a top producer where ever I work and while I was at this company this was no different. I had no problem hitting their submission requirement to get the first bonus they promise and they kept their promise. However their processing department is so slow and because they work with one of the slowest lenders in the industry their loans can't close any faster than 60 days in most cases. I had a high number of borrowers drop out because we had to extend 60 day locks. This was ridiculous. So the pros are that they have a lot of marketing available including calls from direct mail.

Cons

The number one con is their processing. Also, they don't provide adequate marketing to the LO's who are just starting out but rather they require them to work for a while on the old database calling people who've been called 150 times in the past 2 years in order to recapture business. This was not explained in the interview process. Third, they give deals away to other LO's without notification in most cases if they feel like the client is losing motivation regardless of the actual situation.

2 people found this review helpful

Activus Home Loans Response

Vice President of Recruitment

Your PROS: "I had no problem hitting their submission requirement to get the first bonus they promise and they kept their promise." "So the pros are that they have a lot of marketing available including calls from direct mail." Our goal is to make every employee successful and to help them achieve their goals. Thank you for acknowledging the positives. Your CONS: 1. At that time FHA changes in MIP caused a spike in FHA volume nationwide. We were taking 1000's of calls a month specifically for FHA. This large influx of business caused slower turn times at ALL lenders. This is why we were locking all FHA loans for 60 days. All lenders have a limited number of FHA Underwriters on staff. Our Processors are some of the best in the industry and work very hard for every Loan Officer. We only use lenders with superior service so that we can close high volume. There isn't time to use 2nd tier lenders who don't offer acceptable service levels. 2. In the interview process you are told that you will start on outbound calls to clients who have called in from a Direct Mail letter. This is a very large data base that includes old clients and new clients who were not closed within the first few days of the call. These must be good leads if you were able to get 8 loans Approved in your first couple of weeks. 3. We only give away files if you agree that the client is not moving forward or if you are not in the office for an extended period of time. Our clients are very important to us and when they can't get in contact with their Loan Officer they end up cancelling and stop returning calls.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Reviews

Activus Home Loans Reviews FAQs

Activus Home Loans has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 59 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Activus Home Loans to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Activus Home Loans employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Activus Home Loans. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

80% of Activus Home Loans employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Activus Home Loans 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Activus Home Loans to be career development, culture, management and the cons to be benefits .

Popular Careers with Activus Home Loans Job Seekers