Actors, Models and Talent for Christ Reviews | Glassdoor

Actors, Models and Talent for Christ Reviews

Updated Jan 25, 2018

2.9
Actors, Models and Talent for Christ CEO Adam She (no image)
Adam She
  1. "It Was A Priviledge"

I worked at Actors, Models and Talent for Christ full-time

Pros

Family environment. Cool mission. Fun events.

Cons

Not always great communication. Not high paying.

Actors, Models and Talent for Christ2018-01-25

"Run. Away. FAST!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Actors, Models and Talent for Christ part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few co-workers were genuine. Meeting and establishing a business relationship with some of the Industry Professionals/VIP guests. Learning from the VIP's about the Entertainment Business. Hearing what their candid thought about AMTC were while poolside with them.

Cons

All staff that are a part of the Arban family by blood, marriage, or close friend are all using the name of Christ for their ill gotten gain. Good luck with that when the rubber meats the road! I just read on Facebook where AMTC is asking for MILLIONS of dollars from the already financially stressed AMTC graduates. It is horrendous to see how supportive these graduates are to AMTC. They have NO IDEA how poorly... they are gossiped about behind their backs and used to line the filthy, greedy pockets of the owners of this VERY high profit making undercover "non-profit" organization in order to get tax breaks while still lining their pockets. While I worked there, the owner actually SET UP a co-worker of mine to take the heat from an NBC interview that was wise to the schemes of the devil (aka, AMTC owner and family) and was out to "get em'" at a particular "audition" for AMTC convention. The owner of AMTC was to be there, but learned of the ambush set forth by NBC, bailed at the last minute and got a Head Coach to take her place and receive the bunt of the bashing from NBC. He soon resigned as did no less than eight of us within a few months time. Horrible family to work for. Just horrible. I regret that I was hired there after taking my own children to be participants. In hindsight, definitely just a ploy for MONEY MONEY MONEY and more MONEY. How do I know? I heard it directly from the owner's mouth behind closed doors in hotel room during "phone call backs." Shoes off, cursing like a sailor, and gossiping about many of the contestants. And spouting JESUS from the front of the conference rooms to reel in real Christians and take them for a $3500+ ride.

Advice to Management

Close AMTC DOWN and repent of your many sins. Then TRULY follow the ways of the Lord Jesus as prompted by the Holy Spirit. I do not think you are aware what you have done. My God will NOT be mocked. You only think you've won. In the end, when real Christians will hear form Jesus, "Well done, my good and faithful servant," you all will hear, "I don not know you, depart from me." And to Hell you go! Repent. Truly.... Repent to God. Publicly apologize to those that the Holy Spirit lays upon your heart (since you publicly humiliated them in front of your cronies though behind closed doors). Perhaps then I will see you on the other side one day. If not, I feel very sorry for you and your self condemned destiny of everlasting loveless torture in Hell. Yes, that place is real. Wise up and do what you need to do to not go there ... and start beginning to live eternally NOW. You will be amazed how much lighter your load will be. Granted, consequences for decades of doing people wrong will take place, but at least you can then live in the light and not just falsely talk about it from some program you call Shine.

Actors, Models and Talent for Christ2017-10-27

"Light Camera Action"

Former Employee - Director in Fayetteville, GA

Pros

You will learn a lot about the entertainment industry. Staff is a great group of people to work with everyday. You get to help people fulfill there dreams.

Cons

The are very fickle with there rules and regulations and the often change like the wind. Pay is very low. Sometimes their demands were unreasonable. People are often give jobs the are not qualified to do.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent.

Actors, Models and Talent for Christ2016-05-20

"This event is a scam and the management is utterly immoral!"

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at Actors, Models and Talent for Christ part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It was a fun environment. You would meet many amazing, interesting contestants at the events and there were some employees that made you feel a part of the AMTC family. There were many true Christians there who only wanted to help others achieve their dreams while sharing the love of Christ and that was beautiful. It was a feel good environment while the event was happening.

Cons

Unfortunately, the people at the top of this organization do not act in Christian ways. I was with the company before it turned into a non-profit Christian ministry and I saw the entire transition. They preyed on vulnerable do gooders who had a passion for modeling, acting, singing, or dancing and used religion to sell their event. The criteria they used in auditions for the event was not how talented the individual... was, but the income level of the contestant or the contestants parents. I was told this directly (but quietly) while assisting at talent auditions. While this business claims to be a non-profit ministry, I assure you they are making a HUGE profit and those at the top are spending it on a lavish lifestyle. They used to provide meals for all of their employees at the SHINE events, but eventually began excluding many departments so upper management could enjoy fancy, expensive meals privately. (My department was one excluded and we had to buy food from the hotel which was very expensive). I also heard many times, management discussing how not talented a child was at the events (this after the child had auditioned, been highly praised for his/her talent, told they had a chance to be discovered, and shelled out thousands of dollars to be there) They would gossip behind the curtains about how they had only accepted said child because they believed it would be a confidence booster. (Which is not what they told the child or the parent). Eventually, they began hiring young adult Christians as volunteers to replace paid positions, including mine. They make plenty of profit, but pay their employees minimally or not at all because they should want to help "spread the light" and "money is only material". If you even voiced complaints to upper management, they would simply offer to pray for you because Satan must be causing your negativity. Do not work here. Honestly, I hope they get shut down because the way they prey on the hopes and dreams of good people and exploit Christianity is absolutely sickening! God bless these corrupted souls!

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach, stop making a bad name for Christians, and learn to respect your employees and customers. You are disgusting.

Actors, Models and Talent for Christ2016-06-16
  5. "Good side job"

I worked at Actors, Models and Talent for Christ

Pros

Flexible hours and days. Fun side job.

Cons

Usually not full time positions available

Actors, Models and Talent for Christ2015-03-24