- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- China - All Cities
- - Shanghai
- - Shanghai, China Area
- - Shanghai, Shanghai
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Mateo, CA
- - Foster City, CA
- - San Francisco, CA
- - San Jose, CA Area
- - San Jose, CA
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Kansas
- - Kansas City, MO Area
- - Overland Park, KS
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- - Guildford, United Kingdom Area
- - Guildford, England
- India - All Cities
- - Telangana
- - Hyderabad, India Area
- - Hyderābād
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
- - Richmond Hill, ON
- Singapore - All Cities
- Argentina - All Cities
- - Santiago del Estero
Found 83 of over 92 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Actuate? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Actuate employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan 4, 2023 - Account ExecutiveRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great leadership at the exec level
At times the solutions were taken to market in a way that confused some customers.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I learned a lot, and lots of opportunity for growth within the company.
Poor management, not a motivating work environmentContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Oct 16, 2018 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great environment Fast growing company
Not much room to grow Not much mentorship
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good place to work if you are just starting out of college. If your prove good work, management will in trust more responsibilities to you. Relatively easy going environment, not a lot of pressure outbreaks on of projects are completed as expected.
Low pay. Management doesn’t offer much in terms of career growth and planning. Management really doesn’t seem to know what they are doing or inspire a lot of confidence in employees as far as vision and direction of the company. It feels like a place where talent gets wasted. Employees get comfortable and so the feeling of new challenges and growth disappear.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 23, 2017 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Smart people. Very good products
very top down and some of the decisions at the top are nuts.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Sep 7, 2017 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great people - if you move to california
not good at acquiring companiesContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jun 11, 2017 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good people to work with.
Management has changed a lot as I heart from the people still stayed.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Mar 18, 2017 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
You can maintain a decent work life balance.
During my time, the company lacked clear vision or direction. Departments didn't work well together as teams. It seemed there was more in-fighting and politics and they way you got ahead was being in the boy's club. Low pay, and management creates delusional sense of advancement. Total sales culture.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 1, 2017 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It was a fun group of employees and the company had a solid product. The job was low-stress. The company had fun outings and events.
No career path for Sales Development. Very hard to transition into another role. Management team was hit or miss. Some managers in certain departments were great while others were miserable. Because a huge amount of employees sat together in the same room, it was at times a very intimidating work environment and extremely competitive.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Apr 23, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KSRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
A regular paycheck. Casual attire. A job title.
If you take a job with Actuate (and, from what I understand, the following will apply to all other OpenText logos as well), do it for the right reasons. Make it a short-term move intended to improve your income and job title. Stay no longer than necessary - as soon as you are ready to advance your career, start looking for that next job again. For entry-level folks: Go for it! Just don't drink their Kool-Aid. OpenText is the WalMart of software. However, since their goal is to hire college grads only, the entry level wages aren't too bad. Get a year or two of experience in the industry and then move on.Continue reading
Actuate Reviews FAQs
Actuate has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 92 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Actuate to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
55% of Actuate employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Actuate 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.