Acxiom Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott E. Howe

1. "Depressing"

Former Intern - Business Analyst Intern in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Intern - Business Analyst Intern in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Acxiom as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive; people are nice enough.

Cons

Dark and dreary offices; too many people work from home; age of workforce relatively high; boring work; inefficient processes. Also, the internship was far too focused on minutiea - I still don't really understand what the company does, but I sure do know how to fill-out check-lists.

Advice to Management

Either get more people in the offices or make the place more welcoming.

"SLAVE DRIVERS"

Former Employee - Client Delivery Specialist in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Client Delivery Specialist in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When you have a good manager, they will work with you well, everyone pitches together as a team.

Cons

Managers move around very often, making those in that organization have to relearn, readjust and start new processes, once a year is not uncommon. Managers lie to customers frequently and agree to things that have no intention of doing. No work life balance, zero. It not uncommon for teams that support more than one customer to work 80 hours a week, all day and then expected to work at night to implement changes.

Advice to Management

It was a great company before they hired a CEO that was not a founder. Once that happened, it seriously became a sweat-shop.

""Big Data" Firm with Identity Crisis"

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Relaxed work environment
    - Minimal evening/weekend responsibilities
    - Good perks as firm trying to re-brand itself in the Adtech/Martech space

Cons

- Focused providing data and infrastructure vs. actually solving client problems
    - Old school with limited digital IQ
    - Limited mgmt strategy for achieving stated vision

Advice to Management

- If they don't work with clients to use their products and services to actually solve problems and drive results then they will look elsewhere for a strategic business partner

"Systems Engineer"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home or office your choice is you lived more than 25 miles away from a office, good benefits, people you work with day to day were great.

Cons

Since 2006 every year you would have to worry if you were next to be lay-off victim, they seem to leave slackers and would lay-off good workers, never made since.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the slackers, keep the hard workers

"Delivery Specialist Intern"

Former Intern - Delivery Specialist in Conway, AR
    Former Intern - Delivery Specialist in Conway, AR

I worked at Acxiom as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Acxiom has a lot of good people to work with.
    I always receive help and direction whenever I had any issues and teamwork was always on display.

Cons

Stressful environment due to constant layoffs. It seemed there was a certain period of the year where the mood shifted and everyone was worried about keeping their jobs. This seemed to be a regular occurrence.

Advice to Management

Put the workers first instead of pushing these far fetched initiative that put everyone except those at the top at risk.

"Was good for a while..."

Former Employee - Database Administrator
    Former Employee - Database Administrator

Pros

My first year and 1/2 at Acxiom was great. I enjoyed working from home and most all interactions I had with other employees was good.

Cons

After the first year and 1/2, our department was like musical chairs with managers. The last one that was brought in really mismanaged our team from the beginning. Morale was lost and people started leaving. Bringing our concerns to HR also proved pointless, as nothing changed.

Advice to Management

I hope the manager is able to handle the workload himself, because he "managed" to run off the entire team. Also, consider changing your policy on accrued vacation. I was shocked and saddened to learn that I was forced to give up, without any compensation, over 2 weeks of "earned" vacation, even though I agreed and worked through a 3 week notice to "help the team"

"Has gone downhill fast..."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Great people to work with at the lower and middle management level.

Cons

Senior Management is delusional and absolutely unrealistic. Sales targets climb astronomically every year without consideration of the real world. The compensation plans get worse every year and the types of deals you get revenue credit get fewer and fewer. Sales support has become the absolute minimum and our client's have paid the price.

Advice to Management

Reconsider your sales support strategy and the value you place in your employees. Cooperation between LiveRamp and Acxiom has to improve as quickly as possible - we are losing deals and our clients are incredibly frustrated with our inability to present a unified front / solution.

"Systems Engineer"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

Very little career growth or compensation. If you work hard its not acknowledged and slackers get away with doing lots of nothing. Management is aware of it and does nothing. There is a fraternity or boys club mentality, unless you are in you will not go anywhere.

Advice to Management

Weed out the slackers and compensate the hard workers.

"From a Once Proud and Relevant Company Only Ghost Remains"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

We pulled off some amazing technological feats for customers that solved real business problems. Salaries and benefits were upper tier and those who did their jobs well were respected and rewarded with meaningful assignments.

Cons

Current company leadership has failed to maintain that position and clients that remain use Acxiom as primarily a batch shop running canned scripts accessing proprietary data products. People work under constant fear of losing what little dignity remains hoping to keep their jobs long enough to qualify for pensions.

Advice to Management

Change the leadership team or sell the company to someone who has a vision of market growth and dominance. Reward excellence. Lose the fear of lack of control that can't stand having jobs outside of Arkansas - Chicago staff are loyal and hard working. Acxiom used to be a highly desired place to work - now it's a place for desperate and don't-make-any-mistakes thinking.

"A roller coaster"

Current Employee - Delivery Analyst in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Delivery Analyst in Conway, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

I'm in Audience Solutions and the fairly flexible schedule is definitely the best thing. The atmosphere is really laid back for the most part. The campus is nice.

Cons

There is a constant threat of layoffs. There are constant reorganizations. There is not a lot of privacy. It gets really loud at times which makes it difficult to work with clients on calls. There is a lot of secrecy still when it comes to advancing. Some people are given privileged information. There is no real training available to advance. A lot of us still aren't paid fairly when you compare workload. There are too many side projects that management should be handling. The process for escalating issues is still murky with 3 or 4 different ticket systems. The communication from technical teams is usually hours after problems have been reported.

Advice to Management

Compensate people fairly. Work on developing all members of your team and not just a select few. Cut out the extra projects so people have time to develop skills to help them advance. Realize more tenured associates are capable of learning new things. Please stop these long monthly meetings with shabby video conferencing. It's a waste of time because most people are busy actually working and it's just an annoyance.