Acxiom Reviews | Glassdoor

Acxiom President & CEO Scott E. Howe
Scott E. Howe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Lack of focus/clear direction from upper management (in 24 reviews)

• Senior management is a buddy system (in 19 reviews)

1. "Company is languishing, culture broken & future unclear"

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Has significant opportunity, benefits seem to match most other tech companies

Cons

Trying to maintain old business and create new acquisitions and yet systems are weak and feeble. Inconsistent culture across organization - some locations get daily lunch, others monthly, some associates get to work from home, other forbidden. Some associates get gym reimbursement, others do not. Lots of leadership and future uncertainty. Plenty of layoffs over the years. Male leaders reference female leaders and associates as "girls"

Advice to Management

Leadership need to ask themselves who are we and who do we want to be
    Leadership development
    Enhanced communications
    Consistency with respect to associates

Sep 20, 2017 – Engagement Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As we strive to make Acxiom a Great Place to Work for all we understand that different sites and divisions require their own "right for site" perks. Please feel free to... More

2. "Acxiom Engineer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home most of the time if lucky

Cons

Treated like a number, you'll lose skills quickly, siloed into a very specific vertical.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better

Aug 24, 2017 – Engagement Manager

We are disappointed to learn about your experience at Acxiom. We have built our business, products, and strategy around relationships, and it is also how we approach our people and culture - we value... More

"Management has a lot to work on"

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really try to create a fun company culture. They are working to improve their products and services to better serve their customers.

Cons

Work/life balance is an illusion.Even if I worked overtime, there was no way to get everything done in 60 hours a week. A lot of male chauvinists making inappropriate comments to female workers that are not well received but nothing is done about it. During several internal meetings, inappropriate racial comments were also made. Not a lot of racial diversity in leadership. Training was basically non-existent from day one, despite being requested. Glad I am no longer here.

Aug 14, 2017 – Engagement Manager

We’re disappointed to learn about the experience you described at our company. We’re committed to equal opportunity and diversity and inclusion. We have multiple channels for people to share things... More

"Work life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, work culture, facilities, insurance, flexible

Cons

Unstable , more lay offs, don't expect career/professional growth, no proper resource utilization

5. "Verifier"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Acxiom as a contractor

Pros

Started out good until they sold the company without any advance notice.

Cons

Pay was low for what was expected.

Advice to Management

If hiring contract employees, treat them as a person. If the company plans to change focus don't leave the employees in the dark. Let them know what is going on. They have lives too.

"TRUST has been empty and only a matter of time...."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Conway, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Technology, learning new skills, teamwork within immediate team

Cons

Leadership is only focused on talent from Austin, and California. Where is leadership?

Advice to Management

If you would have faith in the team that built the company you would be winning again. Instead you have forced lives and families to be impacted time and time again, and unfortunately the local talent has become so complacent they don't see what is happening.

Jul 3, 2017 – Engagement Manager

As a global tech company and to best support our customers, we have a distributed leadership team and workforce. Our offices around the globe include Arkansas, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New York... More

"Chancy atmosphere for sales people"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Acxiom was a great company to work for 10 years ago. It grew up out of Arkansas and our greatest strength was in creating innovative solutions to problems our customers were facing, often for the first time in the industry. No one had been trained on those, but everyone was willing to try and, "think outside the box" was the daily norm. We worked our hearts out and became extremely loyal to each other and to the company. We were also extremely successful.

Cons

Now it seems like Acxiom has sold out to a Silicon Valley dream. The core business was built on hosted marketing databases and the bedrock of identity resolution technologies - AbiliTec. Since Scott Howe came onboard and decided we should buy LiveRamp, all of the product development and resources are focused on making that part of the business successful above all else. Sales people in the Marketing Services and Audience Solutions divisions have stiff competition from the LiveRamp reps. Leadership takes months to set the fiscal year quotas and then often raises them half-way through the year "as needed" to meet their larger goals.

Advice to Management

Stop burning through the cadre of experience professionals across all roles, but especially in sales. Stop hiring VPs from competitive companies and instead provide more sales and product support.

"Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Vice President, Product/Solutions - Multichannel Marketing Services in Foster City, CA

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really good people left,

Cons

Organizationally its difficult to work there, really poor leadership team

Advice to Management

Take some risks

"Room for improvement"

Pros

Coworkers are friendly and helpful. New offices.

Cons

Upper management is slow to decide business model realignment and resource commitments for innovation. Pathway to ultimate vision is not clear for folks on the bottom, doing the work, which leads to excessive meetings because no one knows/understands the interim plan while the final solution is put into place. For the most part, work culture is pretty complacent. Processes don't really exists, documentations are lacking and there are many knowledge silos (hence many meetings). There's also a lot of politics and it gets old pretty fast.

"Sr. Client Managing Director"

I worked at Acxiom full-time

Pros

They have a solid history of good data.

Cons

They do not innovate quickly enough