Acxiom Reviews | Glassdoor

Acxiom Reviews

Updated May 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work from home options are available and some employees are home based (in 87 reviews)

• Acxiom encourages a work life balance and I truly can say I enjoy coming to work everyday (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is slow to decide business model realignment and resource commitments for innovation (in 24 reviews)

• Senior management is a buddy system (in 19 reviews)

"So Much Potential - So Difficult To Productize"

Former Employee - Remote Product Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Remote Product Manager in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredibly smart, wonderfully kind, talented people at almost every level. A base product and service functionality that has the potential to become the industry standard. Acquisition of latest Company gave some new potential for increased email matches and "fresh blood" to a potentially stale environment.

Cons

The core product and service needed to be prioritized and productized any way that was not application based in terms of how cell phone users understand apps, but a new, industry defining method, well tested first, that would break Acxiom out of the box so many have put them in, and give them the flexibility to charge more reasonable prices, without necessarily requiring annual subscriptions to everything Acxiom offers without it really being complete. In other words, spend more time building the right things by testing out what will be in fact the right things first, then build them in an agile process where refinements are based upon constant and user feedback as any good company does today. Additionally, to give as much credence to live ramp as Scott how has done, is unnecessary and embarrassing to the rest of Acxiom. There was so much talent and so much potential that was overlooked throughout the years of many an employees experience. Just because AOS was not tested properly against the market before it was forced into market by Nada, doesn't mean that it was a bad product by any means. The primary problem was Nada, and what she made the product become as a result of her unrealistic revenue expectations, within an industry she knew very little about.

Advice to Management

When Scott and Phil came on board, they had something potentially wonderful to work with. When they brought Nada on board, there was no way the paradigm of those three at the helm, unfortunately, could succeed within the data industry. Big data could certainly do with a little more from folks who understand massive digital publishing, and folks who understand massive digital media, but certainly not someone who has only that perspective and wants to force it through into the data industry, knowing full well it will not work.

Now you're making the most of what you can, having lost the vast majority of your really strong talent through layoffs or leaving for competition, and Acxiom is basically LiveRamp, a different company. It's kind of sad because of the potential that really did exist, had things been done correctly. And many, many people knew how to do it correctly, and were not listened to.

2. "I like my job"

Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

good place to work, I am sad we got acquired. We get free snacks, lunch every Thursday, have office activities. They offer a lot of flexibility with working remote at your leisure.

Cons

I don't really have many cons to put in. Things can get really hectic and sometimes I have to work weekends but when youre in a Sr. role I think that is to be expected

"Bye Bye Arkansas"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

I worked at Acxiom (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with in Conway/Little Rock
    Pay is par for Arkansas
    Benefits are par for the industry these days

Cons

No stability in Arkansas, most jobs are moving to Austin Texas. (Where their execs live)
    No bonus system and upward movement is preferential, not earned
    No office perks in Arkansas
    Too many reorgs which are usually followed by layoffs because it's easier to hide it that way
    Company is selling off peace by peace so that the company can close shop in Arkansas

Advice to Management

None, not fooling anybody in Arkansas. The writing has been on the wall for 2 years.

Acxiom Response

Sep 19, 2016 – ceo

Former Employee, Thanks for your note and raising an important topic around Acxiom's geographic plans for the future. If there's writing on any wall, I haven't seen it! So let's put any rumors ... More

"Technical Writer"

Former Employee - Associate Technical Writer in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Associate Technical Writer in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the paternity leave benefits, and the ability to work from home helped when my son was born.

Cons

Management was poor. Having a higher education than my boss made her feel insecure, and she felt like she constantly had to prove her power.

Advice to Management

Stop laying off people constantly. It makes for an uneasy work environment.

"No longer a good place to work."

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Conway, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Health Insurance is still great.
    -PDO accumulation is good (when you can take it, that is)
    -Convenient location if you live in Conway.

Cons

-Senior Management and above are useless Tyrants. It's a buddy system to begin with, there are no real career advancement opportunities here.
    -Layoffs happen multiple times a year now. People who are doing their jobs, and doing it well are still losing their livelihoods. Meanwhile the CEO and his other executive buddies are receiving millions in bonuses and raises.
    -Company has gone downhill. They no longer seem to value employees. They are putting the worst people in management.
    -Outlook for the future isn't good. No actual training occurs anymore. Veterans are being laid off and replaced by cheap international contractors.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen anyway.

Acxiom Response

Aug 26, 2016 – ceo

Acxiom Colleague, It's Scott Howe, CEO of Acxiom, and I wanted to reach out to you with a personal invitation to get together next time I'm in Conway. I'm listening. It's awful to hear how ... More

"Has gone downhill fast..."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Portland, OR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time

Pros

Great people to work with at the lower and middle management level.

Cons

Senior Management is delusional and absolutely unrealistic. Sales targets climb astronomically every year without consideration of the real world. The compensation plans get worse every year and the types of deals you get revenue credit get fewer and fewer. Sales support has become the absolute minimum and our client's have paid the price.

Advice to Management

Reconsider your sales support strategy and the value you place in your employees. Cooperation between LiveRamp and Acxiom has to improve as quickly as possible - we are losing deals and our clients are incredibly frustrated with our inability to present a unified front / solution.

8. "Acxiom"

Current Employee - Group Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Group Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomous with making business decisions. Fair and equitable pay for the work being performed and a strong customer service culture.

Cons

Finance over rotates. much legacy in their DNA and taking a while to transform to a more digital based culture. Not every division is treated equal.

Advice to Management

Invest

9. "future looking brighter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

very excited about the direction the company is heading with some of the different leadership in place. starting to feel more like a family the way Acxiom did in the 90's.

Cons

still short resources in some key areas after all the expense cuts from the past few years.

Advice to Management

keep investing in your associates - they are your best resource

""Ax" Um"

Former Employee - Service Availability Manager in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Service Availability Manager in Conway, AR

I worked at Acxiom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1. Work to home life balance is great.

2. Paid Days off flexible is great.

3. Team members were awesome.

4. The ability to work from home was great.

5. On campus dining was a definite plus.

6. Pay wasn't too bad at all for the area.

7. Cellphone stipend monthly a big +

Cons

1. Leadership doesn't listen to the people who are executing their broken plans.

2. Leadership allows those that contribute little to the team to remain or even put them in higher roles.

3. The lack of advancement to a Sr. level position is horrible at best.

4. Layoffs are plentiful at Acxiom. (I saw 9 layoffs in 4 years)

5. Pay raises are few and far between for anyone who isn't management.

6. Medical insurance premiums aren't the cheapest.

7. The CEO has become absent to the employees over the last 2 years. He once would walk the Conway campus and strike up conversations, now you see him maybe twice a year.

*Even with these cons, overall Acxiom isn't a half bad place to work...if you can stand wondering if you're going to still have a job from week to week.*

Advice to Management

Bring job stability to your business and your employees will love you for it.

11. "Facilities Manager"

Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Facilities Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Acxiom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent Boss and Coworkers. Benefits great.

Cons

Pay so/so as Corporate is based in Arkansas.