Adams Thermal Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good employer"

Current Employee - Operations Associate in Canton, SD
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in Canton, SD

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits
    South Dakota is a good place to work and live
    Fellow workers are friendly and family

Cons

Company experienced reductions due to downturn

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company and taking care of your people. The market will turn around

2. "Company making the right steps"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, SD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, SD

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

After a serious recession, company is making the right steps to rebuild - Increasing wages and hiring again

Cons

With the hiring, lots of new people to train that have not been in manufacturing before

Advice to Management

Screen the new folks carefully and continue to grow the sales

3. "Don't work there"

Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Canton, SD
    Former Employee - Assembly Technician in Canton, SD

I worked at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is OK, hours are good

Cons

bad working environment.. exposed to chemicals all the time

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Canton, SD
    Former Employee - Applications Engineer in Canton, SD

I worked at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much for pros here. I hours to work are flexible

Cons

Where to start. Forced used of vacation days to save the company money. Stopped matching 401K. Very high turnover

Advice to Management

Replace all your high level managers and start investing in your employees and not overseas to support your god complex.

5. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Canton, SD
    Former Employee - Manager in Canton, SD

I worked at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At that time the business was growing very fast. Could not keep up with demand so many capital projects to work on.

Cons

Would not pull the trigger on all of the needed project to raise capacity to meet demand. Shortcuts were taken and quality suffered.

Advice to Management

Safety and quality are the first 2 goals that need to be met prior to increasing production. Capacity planning is must do for growing businesses.

6. "My job these past 5 years so far."

Current Employee - Production Worker
    Current Employee - Production Worker

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As of now, sincerely enjoy working at this company. At work I also enjoy exceeding expectations, maximizing productivity, building quality, and completing goals. Everyday I learn something new and "level up" as I gain valuable experiences from Anything and Everything I encounter at ATS. I prefer "solo" work mainly because it is much easier to maintain focus without being distracted/disrupted. Some days I do have to work with others and I've met a diverse range of coworkers.

Cons

You are in constant exposure to chemicals and hazardous materials because it is a manufacturing facility. An unfortunate and unusual event took place at the company resulting in OSHA raiding the place and adding a multitude of fines. Manufacturing processes could also use improvement. Quality and production could also improve if workers had adequate growth oriented support.

Advice to Management

As a concerned employee of ATS I would like to see this company recover, grow, and flourish. What will make us flourish again as a company? I am not exactly sure yet. But we could start with upper management working closer with production workers and promoting a growth mindset to improve quality and production perhaps. Honestly I am just signing up for this website because I want to read what other people have posted out of curiosity when stumbling upon this website lol.

7. "good job"

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Canton, SD
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Canton, SD

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Career Development - There are a lot of opportunities for career development. ATS provides educational reimbursement, scholarships and internship programs
    Skill Development – opportunities for moving around and learn different skills
    Compensations - The pay and benefits are competitive.
    Healthy living – provides state of the art gym for free and motivates employees to lead an active and healthy life style.
    Philanthropic works

Cons

no cons at the moment

Advice to Management

good work keep it up

"interesting"

I worked at Adams Thermal Systems full-time

Pros

good pay, close to home, good co- workers, management ok, nice hours

Cons

never know if they are gonna give you a raisse or if your gonna work a full week

Advice to Management

keep employees more informed on thing instead of last minute notification

"Great Company, great philanthropic work within and outside of the company, Great carrier growth opportunity"

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time

Skill Development – opportunities for moving around and learn different skills
    Compensations - The pay and benefits are competitive.
    Philanthropic works
    Employee hardship assistance – the company gives and also motivates coworkers and other employees to assist a fellow coworker in need.
    Volunteerism – motivate and provide incentive to its employees to volunteer and give back to their communities.
    Participate in charitable activities through its not for profit foundation called Adams Thermal Systems Foundation (ATF) to alleviate poverty locally, nationally and internationally.

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems for more than 5 years. I have started working at the production floor as a production associate and worked my way in to current management role. ATS gave me an opportunity to do my intern while I was going to college and subsequently grow in to a professional job and best carrier growth opportunity. I was given great amount of freedom and responsibility, with essentially no micromanagement from superiors. I was trusted to do quality work, and made to feel like a contributor in my team. Another plus was that I was given a wide array of responsibilities, allowed to move to different departments which enabled me to learn and grow in various fields. I have learnt different processes and management systems that I have never learnt in my college education.
    I highly recommend ATS for job seekers because they not only provide stable employment but they offer educational and training opportunities to develop your skills.

Cons

I have no cons to share. I have great experiance

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

10. "Quality Inspector"

I have been working at Adams Thermal Systems full-time

Pros

Nothing positive to say about this company!

Cons

Many awful place to work, abusive management the owner is a hypocritical person who use his power to humiliate people and runs a slave camp!

Advice to Management

You are dealing with human beings not machines!