Adaptive Biotechnologies Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2020

4.2
Adaptive Biotechnologies President and CEO Chad Robins
Chad Robins
Pros
  • "Exciting company that is highly fast-paced and going through enormous growth(in 5 reviews)

• "Great culture, compensation, work/life balance, and promising future(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots of work, very fast paced, no room for error(in 5 reviews)

• "Parking can be a challenge but Adaptive offers a transportation stipend for taking public transit(in 5 reviews)

1. "Love this place"

Current Employee - Information Technology and Software

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time

Pros

Mission and team passion, amazing technology

Cons

Need to manage your own work-life-balance

"So, who is/are leaving next?"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Based on my short experience, I'm proud to share that you, your wellness, and your career development are in good hands with Adaptive Biotech! I took advantage of (and grateful for) their diverse support system, especially outside of supply chain, that's why I thrived for more than 6 months.

Cons

In response to the previous post about 125% employee turnover rate in the warehouse: - Material Handler "A" left due to slow, career progression. - Material Handler "B" gave a month's notice, implied to a peer of having a condescending new boss and lacking training support, then left company. - Material Handler "C" complained of having a "tone-deaf and incompetent" new boss, left right after senior management made a retaliatory decision of denying promotion. - Material Handler "D" confided to "C" of being stressed over having an absentee and "not a good" new boss. Two business days later, gave a 2-day notice and went straight back to previous company. - Material Handler "E" was a no-show on "D"'s last day and was never seen and heard from, since then. In my case, the long work hours, fast-paced, heavy and varying workload (must compensate for the work shirkers) were not my stressors. Rather, it was the new boss' numerous, "foot-in-the-mouth" moments as well as failure to step up to SME and people leader roles. HR is aware of the issues, including the moral anger. It seems that they'd rather see frontliners quit than hold the new boss (a crony, rushed onboard) accountable on the simmering pulse of the warehouse team. If you choose to stay, expect to engage in "surface acting".

Continue reading

"Exciting company with lots of opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment with a lot of very talented and intelligent colleagues. Have been at Adaptive for about a year and a half and the growth of the company during this time has been incredible. Management seems to really care about their employee's and for advancement in their respective career paths if they express interest. Recently implemented 401k match which is great. New additions to employee resource groups have been nice to see bolstering diversity inclusion across the company.

Cons

Large amount of growth and and change comes with a lot of challenges. Many new employees, which involves a fair amount of training and getting colleagues up to speed. A lot of change happening in a short of amount of time can sometimes be frustrating if not communicated well, but overall this is part of the growth process and everyone seems to be understanding of this. Overall, still very rewarding and highly recommend.

"Material Handlers Beware"

2.0
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am conflicted, this company has a great purpose, they offer training luncheons and other opportunities for professional/personal growth. In most departments and even on the macro-level I think this can be a great place to work. At the same time I can't get over my extremely negative experience at Adaptive.

Cons

I concede this individual account may be prone to bias, in my defense FIVE Material Handlers have left (originally a team of 4) in the last 9 months. -In my department, within a week of me being hired I find Material Handler 'A' crying over a negative interaction with another co-worker. Worker 'A' quits within a month of me being hired. -Material Handler B gets hired (as a replacement for Worker A) and inappropriately harasses [suggestive comments toward] Material Handler C. The drama that pursued persisted for my entire time at Adaptive. Included everything from passive aggression to yelling. -Material Handler D gets hired. Worker D is clearly bothered by the supply chain department's culture (inappropriate harassment and negative-relationship between worker B and C) after starting. Material Handler D gets a competitive offer from their previous employer 2 months into working at Adaptive. Worker D quits/accepts offer. -I get fed up and quit in late spring 2020, I lasted only 6 months at this point. When you dread coming into work everyday due to needless drama, and on top of that you have a high-paced stressful job that requires co-worker collaboration, you burn-out quick. -Material Handler B quits/fired shortly after I leave. -Material Handler C (who has plenty to be upset about) quits a month or two later. Mid-summer 2020. The whole team that I started with just imploded.

Continue reading
  5. "Work hard, play hard, be challenged."

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You'll partner with some of the brightest in the industry.

Cons

You'll have long days, sometimes back to back; the company is pushing the limit on deadlines.

"Bad management"

Former Employee - Production in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place really enjoyed it until new management

Cons

New management focuses on the wellbeing of the lab at the cost of employees. She works for the lab not for the employees doing the work.

Continue reading
  7. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time

Pros

Adaptive is a great company, the work is meaningful, great work/life balance, collaborative culture, and full of smart people.

Cons

I have no complaints. Very happy!

"Worth it"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, compensation, work/life balance, and promising future

Cons

Could go for a larger desk

"Excellent place to grow"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Adaptive was where I really started practicing software engineering and I had a smart and hardworking mentor to learn from. After working with other product/program managers, I truly appreciate the ones I work with here at Adaptive. The skills and culture here had also helped me advance quickly in my current job. The colleagues I have met here are caring and had helped me from work to life. I still keep in contact with them after leaving. The CTO (at that time), was personable and actually knew who I was. HR team really helped me transition to and from Seattle and were beyond amiable. Overall, working at Adaptive was a very pleasant one and had helped me grow a lot.

Cons

Need a better or possibly a clearer career/promotion plan. Growth feedback was limiting.

"Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Many perks like stock options, matching 401K and decent benefits. The workload is mostly manageable, but unpredictable. Good work-life balance.

Cons

So much middle management! Too much time spent on useless meetings where decisions are rarely made. Work is not evenly distributed; some employees work incredibly hard while others procrastinate or "work from home". Many employees were hired based on who they knew and not on their talent. Performance reviews seem arbitrary, not based on actual output.

Found 50 reviews