Adaptive Biotechnologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Chad Robins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A great company with great people"

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time

Pros

Interesting work and good people to work with.

Cons

The salary seems a bit lower than what I expected

"Changing the course..."

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment, company values, really great science and the chance to change the course of medicine. Also, Adaptive treats us right with lots of snacks, an onsite gym (to work off the snacks!) and great employee benefits.

Cons

Fast paced and dynamic which suits me but change isn’t for everyone and prioritization can be challenging.

Advice to Management

I regularly feel like my voice is heard and I'm openly encouraged to speak my mind which is awesome; thanks and keep listening.

"Fun, collaborative environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adaptive has fast-paced and interesting software development projects, with very talented developers working collaboratively with other teams across the company to help make Adaptive's vision happen.

Leveraging cloud services and various automation solutions, we're always working on optimizing compute resources, and coming up with ways to continually improve operations.

Every single person I work with here believes in what Adaptive is doing and is excited about their role in ultimately making a difference in people's lives through Adaptive's technologies.

I've never worked anywhere like this, where everyone in the company feels like they are all part of the same team, almost to the point of feeling like it's family.

Cons

None that aren't common elsewhere -- the pace is very fast and there is a lot to be done, so there are often shifts in projects as the business makes adjustments to their priorities.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the collaborative nature of Adaptive, it's one of it's biggest strengths.

4. "Incredible place to work!!"

Former Employee - Senior IT Infrastructure Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior IT Infrastructure Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for Adaptive Biotechnologies in the IT department, company was awesome (and probably still is).. Unfortunately had to move due to family events but I still love the company and would immediately go back if possible.

Cons

The vision in IT is big and need more resources.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your employees.

"Great company, excellent culture."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment doing work to help save lives. Awesome co-workers who are genuinely happy to be here. Kudos to management for promoting such a positive culture!

Cons

Still growing and maturing as a company-- some processes are not yet refined, but that's really no surprise. Not the type of place for someone who wants to get lost among the crowd.

Advice to Management

This is one of the best places I've ever worked. Keep hiring the right people, treat us well, and the magic will continue. It's been a long time since I've been able to look forward to Mondays...

6. "Fast Paced and Energetic"

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time

Pros

Endless opportunities to make an impact.

Cons

Have to keep with a field moving amazingly fast.

7. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging, meaningful work in a very fast-paced environment. It's an amazing group of people to work with who are highly engaged in the work and the mission of the company.

Cons

As a growing company there is more work to do than hours in the day so it can get a little intense at times.

Advice to Management

Creating career development opportunities such as management training and other educational and personal development resources would be valuable and appreciated.

8. "1st year anniversary"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Working at Adaptive over the past year has been both challenging and rewarding. The pace is swift and because of the complexity in the the business and technology, I'm constantly in state of learning. Employee culture is fun, smart and informal. Feels great to part of an organization that is impacting patient care.

Cons

Priorities shift quickly here given the dynamic nature of the business. One has to be comfortable pivoting as opportunities arise.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more ongoing / continued education of the technology for non-technical / non-scientific biz folks.

9. "Innovative company, promising science"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Innovative company with promising science and a great culture. Excellent benefits, great downtown location and amazing new lab and office space.

Cons

With so much going on sometimes communication across departments is challenging.

Advice to Management

Love the all-hands meetings and rooftop happy hours, keep them up.

10. "Solid place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most employees care deeply about their work and the mission - it is a joy to work with so many people who care so much. The core technology is backed by solid science and has a lot of potential. In general upper management is is human focused and wants to do right by their employees and there is high upward mobility for motivated talented people.

Cons

The company is still working on finding the balance between its innovative and efficient start-up past and its more structured and focused future. This transition creates a less efficient working environment - work tends to focus on fixing immediate problems at the expense of long-term solutions. Decisions tend to either be made by fiat or take a laboriously large number of inefficient meetings.

Advice to Management

Create and share with staff a longer horizon vision. Generate enough structure around the decision making processes to ensure critical information is distributed - but not so much structure that projects become "too big to fail" and become resource sucks to ensure they succeed at all cost.