Adaptive Biotechnologies Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2020

4.3
Adaptive Biotechnologies President and CEO Chad Robins
Chad Robins
Pros
  • "Great culture, compensation, work/life balance, and promising future(in 4 reviews)

• "Really appreciate the way leadership values great company culture(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "A fast-paced environment is not for everyone and it can be stressful(in 5 reviews)

• "Parking can be a challenge but Adaptive offers a transportation stipend for taking public transit(in 4 reviews)

1. "Exciting company with lots of opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment with a lot of very talented and intelligent colleagues. Have been at Adaptive for about a year and a half and the growth of the company during this time has been incredible. Management seems to really care about their employee's and for advancement in their respective career paths if they express interest. Recently implemented 401k match which is great. New additions to employee resource groups have been nice to see bolstering diversity inclusion across the company.

Cons

Large amount of growth and and change comes with a lot of challenges. Many new employees, which involves a fair amount of training and getting colleagues up to speed. A lot of change happening in a short of amount of time can sometimes be frustrating if not communicated well, but overall this is part of the growth process and everyone seems to be understanding of this. Overall, still very rewarding and highly recommend.

Continue reading
  2. "Work hard, play hard, be challenged."

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You'll partner with some of the brightest in the industry.

Cons

You'll have long days, sometimes back to back; the company is pushing the limit on deadlines.

Continue reading
  3. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time

Pros

Adaptive is a great company, the work is meaningful, great work/life balance, collaborative culture, and full of smart people.

Cons

I have no complaints. Very happy!

"Bad management"

Former Employee - Production in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place really enjoyed it until new management

Cons

New management focuses on the wellbeing of the lab at the cost of employees. She works for the lab not for the employees doing the work.

"Worth it"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, compensation, work/life balance, and promising future

Cons

Could go for a larger desk

"Excellent place to grow"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Adaptive was where I really started practicing software engineering and I had a smart and hardworking mentor to learn from. After working with other product/program managers, I truly appreciate the ones I work with here at Adaptive. The skills and culture here had also helped me advance quickly in my current job. The colleagues I have met here are caring and had helped me from work to life. I still keep in contact with them after leaving. The CTO (at that time), was personable and actually knew who I was. HR team really helped me transition to and from Seattle and were beyond amiable. Overall, working at Adaptive was a very pleasant one and had helped me grow a lot.

Cons

Need a better or possibly a clearer career/promotion plan. Growth feedback was limiting.

"Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Many perks like stock options, matching 401K and decent benefits. The workload is mostly manageable, but unpredictable. Good work-life balance.

Cons

So much middle management! Too much time spent on useless meetings where decisions are rarely made. Work is not evenly distributed; some employees work incredibly hard while others procrastinate or "work from home". Many employees were hired based on who they knew and not on their talent. Performance reviews seem arbitrary, not based on actual output.

Continue reading

"Those with experience but small children at home need not apply"

1.0

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Snacks maybe but this is a superficial Pro.

Cons

Overhiring and everyone's new. No clear path for promotion. No 401k matching. No place to park. Awful work/life.

"Culture and Mission"

5.0

I have been working at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

The CEO really cares about the people, inclusive environment, company values that employees really believe in, fun company activities to drive a sense of community, meaningful work and a focus on growth.

Cons

Limited parking, no 401K match fast paced environment that would be challenging for some people.

Continue reading

"Great perks - Frustrating middle management"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Seattle, WA

I worked at Adaptive Biotechnologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Perks are good, fantastic free food and drinks. Tremendous growth.

Cons

Conflicting orders as to what to do from different people. Lots of work, very fast paced, no room for error.

Found 47 reviews