Adaptive Financial Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 6, 2018

5.0
Olivier Deheurles

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Take it from me - these guys are the real deal."

Current Employee - - in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - - in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Adaptive Financial Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came on board at Adaptive on a fairly large and challenging project. Now, I've been around in financial services for a long time, and I know how most companies in the sector operate; I fully expected to be left high and dry, desperately trying to deliver an ill-thought through project while being whipped through constant 14 hour days, and seven day weeks.

Consequently, I was stunned when it become clear that that the absolute opposite was true. In fact, the directors had my back throughout. When I needed support, they were there, and did their absolute best to do whatever they could to help. They set the strongest possible example, always thinking of their employees first - and by the way, such strong examples are what really sets a company's culture. At all times, I was empowered, supported, and (maybe most importantly) trusted. Here, delegation is of both authority and responsibility; I have seldom seen environments that are both so respectful, and so empowering. I can't stress enough that the ethos and culture of this company is genuinely something unusual in the sector, and I count myself extremely fortunate to have ended up here.

Career opportunities? They are definitely there, if you want them. The company is growing quickly, and if you want responsibility, you can step up, and it's yours for the taking. On the other hand, if you want to just come in, do a great job, and preserve your work / life balance - that's OK too. Meanwhile pay is high, and benefits are strong.

I honestly can't recommend Adaptive enough - I'd certainly refer the best and brightest people I've ever worked with here, and I can't think of a better endorsement than that. I feel privileged to be here, and hope it will continue for a long time into the future.

Cons

Frankly, not much. I really can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Guys, you just stay on target, and keep right on doing what you're doing. Don't change a thing.

Aug 13, 2018 – Head of HR

I'm blushing! Thank you for such a wonderful review! The directors and I read each and every one and are invigorated by reading such wonderful commentary. We are truly delighted that you are having... More

2. "Senior Developer"

Current Contractor - Senior Developer in London, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Senior Developer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Adaptive Financial Consulting as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

One of the best places to work if you are interested to cooperate with extremely talented people on high-profile projects.

Cons

Realistically I don't see any concerns

Mar 13, 2018 – Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to provide this positive review. Whilst we are thrilled that you've said such great things, please never hesitate to let us know if you think that we could be doing... More

"Great culture, high software quality and ambitious projects"

Former Employee - Frontend Engineer in Barcelona (Spain)
    Former Employee - Frontend Engineer in Barcelona (Spain)

I worked at Adaptive Financial Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture is great, projects are ambitious and they're not afraid of using cutting edge technology. Also, they have really good engineers to learn a lot from. Software quality is very high.

Cons

Only bad thing I can share is they're not fully open to remote working. You can do it sometimes, but not in a regular basis. However, they are open to negotiate.

Mar 13, 2018 – Head of HR

Thanks for sharing your feedback and your thoughts on what we can be doing better. It's very much appreciated and gives us food for thought.

4. "Great company, great leaders"

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Adaptive Financial Consulting as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Adaptive provides a very unique environment. It is an environment, where you don't feel left alone and yet you have enough room to make the decisions. The ability to grow is massive, both from technological as well as consultancy/soft skills point of view. They pay a lot of attention to growing individuals' careers.

Both on technological and consultancy level, Adaptive is probably one of, if not the best, in London. You always get challenging problems to solve and choice of projects is quite widespread.

The directors have massive confidence in each and every employee. They never doubt you and you get a sense that no matter what, they will support you "behind the enemy lines".

Atmosphere is very relaxed, people are very friendly and the company-organised events allow to connect with everyone in the firm. Good traditions and some good banter make this a very interesting workplace on London scene. Definitely recommended!

Cons

Review form requires at least 5 words here, but can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Mar 13, 2018 – Head of HR

Thank you for your great review, it's really appreciated. Please don't hesitate to speak with one of the team if you think that there are things that we could or should be doing better. Marie.... More

5. "An amazing work environment where collaboration and innovation is encorouged"

Current Contractor - Senior User Experience Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Senior User Experience Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

A relaxed culture but with very high standards.

Cons

If you like to be managed and are not confident to show initiative then maybe this is a daunting place.

Advice to Management

Keep going as you are. Authentic, professional and great problem solvers.

Mar 13, 2018 – Head of HR

Your feedback is really appreciated. It's great to hear that you're so happy here; we'll continue to work to make sure that you remain happy and motivated. Thanks!

6. "great company high end consultancy"

I have been working at Adaptive Financial Consulting full-time

Pros

smart colleagues
    great projects
    high end fintech consultancy

Cons

no cons
    keep the great work up

7. "Wonderful Culture - Barcelona Office"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

I have been working at Adaptive Financial Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Very focused in providing the best services to clients and to hire the most talented people to be able to provide it.
    Company is always ready to take care of employees, we can always rely on someone for any concerns we have, management and HR are always there to listen and help and when needed, they will make their best to benefit the employee.
    The athmosphere is also great. Young team, very communicative, enjoy having lunch together once a week, joking with each other and going for beers every now and then.

Cons

As a new office, they have made some mistakes, but they have also solved them without harming the employees

Advice to Management

Keep the great work. Employees feel we can trust you and speak to you when needed. Keep on welcoming our ideas.

Mar 13, 2018 – Head of HR

We're so pleased that you're happy here and long may that continue. We acknowledge that we're definitely not perfect but are really glad that you've seen our proactive and speedy response when we've... More

"Fantastic Place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Ability to move between projects when the opportunity arises.
    Proper hardware supplied to the developers
    Directors are hands-on with each project instead of being at a distance
    Good social activities

Cons

Not anything major. If we're marking the fact the office cooling needs some work, this is a good thing.

Advice to Management

Keep going as you are.
    More communication of where the company is headed in the medium-term is helpful

Mar 13, 2018 – Head of HR

Whilst your review is from a while back, I hope that you've seen how we've begun to address improving communications about the company direction. We've always strived to be transparent and such... More

"Great team"

Current Contractor - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

The number one reason to work at Adaptive is the people. They are a small team but each member has been carefully selected. Passionate, experienced, highly intelligent and team focused. You find yourself constantly challenged and growing .

The 2nd reason I love working here is the mix of working in the London Finance arena, but not being shackled by big company red-tape. We work on important projects for big clients, but we get the benefits of being in a small company. We work hard on researching latest tech and ways we can stay ahead of the technology curve, we have great work stations at the office, and we get the flexibility of working for a smaller company.

Working with great people means you meet more great people. Meeting more great people help you grow even faster. It is a virtuous cycle.

Cons

We are a consultancy, so often the best we can do is to consult. This means sometimes the client wont follow our guidance. This is the nature of being a consultant, so if you are one for running a project with an iron-fist, then this is not for you.

"Smart Management & Great Team"

I have been working at Adaptive Financial Consulting full-time

Pros

The company is run really well, the management seem to focus on great relationships with staff. The structure is pretty flat but there's plenty of opportunity to use and learn new skills. One of the best things about this place is that it's a real team environment; there's no throwing people under buses and no culture of fear. Plenty of going out as a team for lunch, drinks, dinner etc. I'm really very happy here.

Cons

Current office is pretty small and gets stuffy but we're just about to move to smart new offices, so it won't be an ongoing issue.

Advice to Management

Keep close to your staff, don't ever have that 'everyone is replaceable' mindset.