KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Adaptive Financial Consulting Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2021

Found 28 of over 40 reviews

4.5
Adaptive Financial Consulting Co-Founder and CEO   Matt Barrett (no image)
Matt Barrett
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Be challenged, but with safety and support

Mar 26, 2021 - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Smart, fun, and easy-to-work-with colleagues * Technically challenging project space, at least in the aggregate * Good place to stay on top of current tech

Cons

* The financial services client environment can be very challenging to manage * Don't really control the team or projects you will work on

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with forward thinking tech professionals

Apr 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The chance to be yourself and grow with the firm Very collaborative team The projects are very cutting edge with the newest tech out there

Cons

none at this time, keep up the good work

Head of HR

Wonderful reviews like this really make my day (and I know that the directors read every single one and feel the same way). We're thrilled that you're having a great experience at Adaptive and as per another recent review, we're by no means complacent and are rolling out a few improvements over the coming year to keep this a great place to work. We're always interested to receive your suggestions, so never hesitate to contact me at: marie@weareadaptive.com.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Greatest place to work at!

Apr 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have not enough words to describe how happy I am to be part of Adaptive. I love what I do here, and the culture and people at Adaptive are just amazing. Coming from a place where "people-first-but-actually-not"; it's a relief to know there are companies that actually care about people, their growth, wellbeing, and personal lives.

Cons

None I can think of, to be honest.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A nice company with nice human beings

Sep 19, 2020 - Site Reliability Engineer in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

So far I have had a very positive experience working in Adaptive. A few of these pros are from another era (before the virus hit us), but I think they are good material for a valid judgment nonetheless: - Want to relocate offices? They will make it possible if it's within their reach. I relocated away from my home country and they did all that was within their grasp to make it easy and comfortable. - I've met some really, really talented people there that have inspired me to learn and lose the huge impostor syndrome I had when I joined. Both in my field of work and outside of it. - They will value your potential, help you grow, and will reach to you if they see you struggling both professionally or personally. I cannot stress that last (personally) point enough, they really put any effort into ensuring their employees are okay - especially in such difficult times. - There is no intimidating, convoluted hierarchy. You don't have 50 middle managers with obscure position names doing sod all in circles on top of you. - At the same time, there are practice leads with strong knowledge and common sense. These practice leads are usually flexible on their choices and decisions (as long as it's attainable, applicable, and makes sense) and follow a good ethos.

Cons

- Not a lot of Kubernetes going on.

Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for such a thoughtful and kind review - we appreciate it enormously! I'm glad that working here has supported you in your aim to deal with imposter syndrome - did you ever watch the brown bag that one of your colleagues ran about that? It's something that so many of us deal with but never talk about. Thank you also for your kind comments about our supportive environment - we genuinely aim to make Adaptive a great place to work for everyone and want people to feel comfortable asking for help (which is why we've made such a noise about mental health - the more we talk openly about it, the more we encourage those around us to do the same). I'm really pleased to see the trust that you have in the leadership team regarding Covid; everything that we have done has the best interests of our colleagues in mind, which is why we recently announced that our global offices would be open to volunteers only until January of 2021 when we'll look at the scientific advice available and decide how to proceed. Thanks again for your review, it's good to know that in these tough times, you're happy here and getting the professional and personal support you need. Marie

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great support in difficult times

Feb 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team is always open to learn from others, which always leaves the door open for improvement

Cons

As the company grows, it looses a bit of its personal approach, but we are aware of it, which is a great opportunity to learn about how to do it

Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for such a great review - I'm delighted that you are feeling the love during these challenging times. We're working hard on doing everything that we can to assure our colleagues that we have their backs. Thanks for your constructive feedback too - I think, to a degree, it's inevitable but the fact that you still feel supported hopefully means that you are still happy here. If there's ever anything that I or my team can do to support you, don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks again, Marie.

6. 5.0

Pretty Awesome

Jul 1, 2020 - Senior Consultant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Available and interested leadership Good work/life balance Interesting work and plenty of support Something that has really stood out for me during Covid, is how transparent the Adaptive leadership has been. Sure, they've let a few contractors go and have had a few tough times but they've always been upfront about everything going on. There seems to be a concerted effort to keep staff feeling united and informed; there's no smoke and mirrors, no pretence that the company has been unaffected and this has had a real impact on how I feel about working here. You really see the true colours of a company during the bad times, right? In that case, I'm definitely going to stick around because they've shown me that they lead well, are smart and give a damn about their team.

Cons

Some work definitely needs to be done on supporting the structure of the company as it scales but they are aware of that and HR and leadership are on the case.

3 people found this review helpful

Chief Talent Officer

Yes, you're absolutely right. We do need to do a lot of work on the company structure and without this, there are and will be a few headaches - I think it's relatively typical of a small, growing company but we can and are working to do better. If you ever want to talk with us about the work we're doing on this, please feel free to speak with me, a member of my team or a director, we'd be delighted to talk you through it. Covid has been a tough time for us all and presented so much FUD. We're exceptionally proud of our colleagues, who have rallied together and seamlessly switched to WFH. We have been open about how Covid has affected us and our industry because really, to pretend otherwise to a group of smart people would just be ridiculous and disingenuous. Thanks for the advice too, we'll keep it front and centre! - Marie

7. 5.0

Very good

Feb 3, 2021 - QA Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice atmosphere, good attitude towards employees from management

Cons

I don't know, really, all good

Chief Talent Officer

Three amazing reviews from our Spanish colleagues in such a short time! What really strikes me about your review is the amount of time you've been with us; having had you on the team for over 3 years and you're rating us 5/5 really speaks volumes and makes me exceptionally proud. Thank you for taking the time to post this review, it's genuinely appreciated! Marie

8. 4.0

Great company to work

Mar 1, 2021 - Senior Software Developer in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

caring, passionnate, innovatie, fun, generous

Cons

remote teams, clients sometimes difficult to deal with, things can be sometimes a bit chaotic .

9. 4.0

Great company

Feb 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its people is the company's best asset: friendly and professional, each one I've worked with always managed to find time to lend a hand no matter how busy they were.

Cons

There aren't any worth mentioning

Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for your review. I completely agree, our terrific colleagues are indeed our best asset. We work hard to find and attract the right people and given the wonderful people I work with, we're evidently doing a great job of that. As we work remotely, it's harder to see if someone is busy or not and so I'm delighted to read that you are finding the support from others that you need. If there's ever anything that I or my team can do, please don't hesitate to let me know - Marie.

10. 5.0

One year anniversary

Sep 9, 2020 - Graduate Software Engineer Consultant in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has recently been a year since I started the graduate program at Adaptive in London and it has gone by so quickly! I will share my thoughts and experiences after a year of working here. Some quick pros: - Great office space, great views (free drinks + coffee + snacks + games) - Great socials + activities (Adaptive bake off, cocktail nights, movie nights, games nights, summer + christmas parties and many more..) Coming from university with a technical background, I did not know what to expect when joining Adaptive but found myself pleasantly surprised. It instantly felt like I had joined a community and was encouraged to not be afraid to ask questions. Everyone that I encountered were very happy and keen to help out. The way the grad scheme was structured was good. We started with the basics and gradually became more complex. We were encouraged to work agile and in distributed teams (LDN + BCN and NYC + MTL). For a more detailed description of what we did day to day there is a blog post that explains this. At first, I was quite overwhelmed with the amount of work and independent study I had to do but gradually was able to manage my time better to deal with workload. I would honestly say I have learnt more at Adaptive which I get paid for than I did studying 3 years at university which I paid to do. After around 4 months, I was put on a complex project with a big client where my team was extremely good, helpful and friendly. I transitioned from a front-end developer to full-stack which was one of my goals. After around 8 months, I was put on another project with an even bigger client which I am enjoying very much. The biggest pro of Adaptive which really stood out to me was how much they care about the individuals. Any problem that you may have they are willing to work with you to help solve it. Early on people around me including HR picked up on me not being myself and invited me to talk about it. After I told them about the issues I was facing at the time they were extremely empathetic and practically forced me to take some compassionate leave. That's something that is rare to find in a company. HR also contacted me and others personally during lockdown to check up on how we were feeling. Overall, after a year I have definitely seen myself improve not only technically but grow as a person.

Cons

- Graduates with less technical experience and in other offices may not have got the support that they needed early on and felt a bit isolated. Although, this is something we have discussed and pretty sure improvements have been put into place for the next grads. - Still waiting on visiting other offices...

Chief Talent Officer

We're genuinely thrilled with this review - thank you! The graduate programme is source of pride for us and when we're in a position (post-Covid) to do it right, we'll definitely run it again. It's been such a pleasure for me and others involved in the scheme to get to know you all and to support you. Thank you for your kind words about the HR team - it's so satisfying to hear that we have a real impact on how you feel and how you feel about working at Adaptive. I agree with you on your point in the 'cons'. We recognised that and made some changes to be far better in terms of supporting and guiding our graduates in all offices and to make them feel part of the Adaptive team. This brings me back to my first point - the in-person aspect of the grad scheme is so important for the comfort, growth and sense of belonging for our grads. So much social capital is built as a result of sitting down together to work through problems or bumping into each other at the coffee machine. If you have any feedback on your experience of the scheme that you think would help us to do better, I would love to hear it, so please feel free to contact me or anyone else involved in the scheme. Thanks again for this thoughtful review. Marie

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews