Cover image for Adaptive Financial Consulting

82% Recommend to a Friend
97% Approve of CEO

Found 41 of over 55 reviews

4.3
Adaptive Financial Consulting Co-Founder and CEO   Matt Barrett (no image)
Matt Barrett

132 Comments

Consulting

449.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Adaptive Financial Consulting~833383
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Adaptive Financial Consulting? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Adaptive Financial Consulting employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Dec 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, I don’t have benefits through them but the 401k match is really good. Good work life balance - I like it here, more so than larger banks.

Cons

It’s consulting so you never know what client you will wind up working for but Adaptive has been very supportive of all their employees.

Chief Talent Officer

Thank you very much indeed for this thoughtful review. I'm really glad to hear that you value the 401K match, we are always trying to ensure that our benefits have real value to staff. Whilst you note that you haven't opted for the other benefits we offer, Marisol and I would be very happy to talk you through those at any point, if you ever consider taking them. Great news on the work life balance front too - it's one of the things that makes a huge difference for me personally. Working hard when you're at work but always having time for a personal life is vital for good physical and mental wellbeing.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Still a nice place to work, great perks

Sep 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely offices and perks (lunches, breakfasts, fruit, snacks, biscuits, drinks, beers, wines etc.). Management care about keeping Adaptive a great place to work. Very smart colleagues.

Cons

As the company grows, some of the magic is lost that makes it a great place to work, but that is to be expected and cannot be helped.

Continue reading
  3. Join the Adaptive Financial Consulting team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great business, great people

Apr 24, 2022 - Java Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Adaptive is full of talented developers, product owners and project managers, many with deep technical and domain expertise. If you are looking for somewhere to learn the technical side of trading systems, or you're already an expert and want to work on interesting projects, this is the place to be. On the administrative side, everyone there is open, approachable and professional. The team have a lot of fun with regular social events and activities. I would particularly recommend the firm for a first job in finance / software. You'll be learning from the best in a very supportive environment and the sky's the limit!

Cons

The normal caveats about consulting apply and ultimately client demands can be frustrating. But the firm is well positioned to maintain a pipeline of interesting, rewarding projects.

Chief Talent Officer

Thank you so much for this thoughtful and kind review! I think that I know who you are and so I want to say thank you so much for this parting gift. We are so sad to see you go but wish you well for the future and hope to keep in touch! Best wishes, Marie

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Micromanagement

Sep 18, 2022 - Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Valuable experience from career professionals

Cons

There was way too much micromanagement, coming from a company that seems to value mental health. Management also set some false expectations.

Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for your review. I'm genuinely sorry that this has been your experience - we actively seek to stamp out micro management as it's important that, when we bring together teams of capable, knowledgeable people, that leadership within our projects act as 'servant leaders' in order to allow those people to flourish. Thanks again for this feedback, Marie

6. 2.0

Overworked and underpaid

Sep 12, 2022 - Senior Frontend Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of talented engineers you can learn from

Cons

Lots of micro-managing, low salary, boring work. It's a fintech consultancy so it's par for the course I guess.

Chief Talent Officer

Yikes! Let's start with the good stuff, thank you for the compliment about our colleagues, we work exceptionally hard to bring great people together to produce great work. On the negatives, I'm sorry that your work has been boring - I think it's fair to say that in all of our roles, there are some parts that are boring. I hope that there are some interesting and challenging aspects to your work too - it's certainly our aim. On the salary, again, I'm sorry that this is your experience/sentiment, we do look at salaries on a very regular basis and run internal and external benchmarking. Please do feel free to contact me directly about this and I'll happily work with your local director to kick off a review for you. On the micro-managing, as per another recent review, this is completely counter-cultural and so again, I would love to speak with you about this (or feel free to speak with your local director) to find out more about the issue and to get it resolved. Thanks for taking the time to post your review, whilst some aspects are tough to read, it's all an opportunity for us to do and be better. Thanks again, Marie.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smart people and great culture

Feb 1, 2022 - Web Developer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Adaptive, I have worked with incredibly talented engineers. There is an emphasis on using the right tools (often the latest and greatest) in the right ways to deliver robust and innovative solutions to our clients, and there are opportunities for skill development in these areas. The culture is also very collaborative, active, and engaging creating a great sense of community at a consulting firm where engineers are staffed (nowadays remotely) across many different clients.

Cons

As its name suggests, Adaptive is a consulting firm and comes with the typical cons in the consulting space - most work is developing solutions for/with clients, but Adaptive does a good job in maintaining ownership and steering direction in its engagements and keeps bench time well organized and productive.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not the place for you if you don't like "Finance people"

Sep 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of very smart, competent and talented programmers who you can learn a lot from

Cons

-Staffed with snooty private school type finance people in senior and management roles. Definitely not the place for you if you are generally turned off by that type of attitude / personality. -Micro-management -Mandated "fun" sessions every week that feel as hollow as you'd expect corporate mandated fun sessions to feel. -Often very boring and long client projects (especially if you aren't passionate about finance)

Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. It’s a shame that your experience isn’t as we hoped but I’m glad that at least you are enjoying working with your colleagues and learning a lot. I do want to address your cons. I’m really sorry to hear your thoughts on the senior team at Adaptive - we’re fortunate to have a good mix of people from all types of backgrounds. In fact, the founders and senior team are engineers and delivery people by background, who have crossed into ‘senior management’, so we’re certainly not packed to the rafters with the kinds of people you mention but of course, that demographic will make up some of our team. We work hard when recruiting to attract and recruit a diverse workforce and will continue to do so. I’m very sorry that you feel that you are being micro-managed. Genuinely, it’s something we absolutely try to avoid. We work to empower teams and individuals and where there are micro-management issues, we do something about it (please feel free to ping me or a founder directly to discuss - we want to stamp this out). There seems no point in bringing smart, experienced people to our company and then telling them exactly what to do and when to do it. The social aspects of working at Adaptive are definitely not mandated, I assure you. If you want to turn up, great, if you don’t, that’s okay too. We have had a few Zoom events and some people pop out for a drink/dinner after work but absolutely none of that is mandated - mandating it makes it the exact opposite of fun! So my message to you is this: please don’t go if you’re not feeling it, if the event/situation doesn’t appeal, you absolutely do not have to go - spend time with your family and friends instead. Some of our projects are long, that’s completely true but when you’re building the kind of complex, transformative systems that we do, it does take some time. There are boring parts to projects too, we acknowledge that but it’s pretty typical - we all have interesting and boring parts to what we do. If you do feel that you’re not getting what you want out of your project though, please speak up - we’d love to fix whatever the issues are so that your experience with us improves. Lastly, thank you again for taking the time to post this - it’s a great opportunity for us to learn and improve. If you could provide a bit more context, or felt comfortable speaking with someone in Adaptive, we could absolutely do something to fix these issues that you’re experiencing. Marie

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Be challenged, but with safety and support

Mar 26, 2021 - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Smart, fun, and easy-to-work-with colleagues * Technically challenging project space, at least in the aggregate * Good place to stay on top of current tech

Cons

* The financial services client environment can be very challenging to manage * Don't really control the team or projects you will work on

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with forward thinking tech professionals

Apr 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The chance to be yourself and grow with the firm Very collaborative team The projects are very cutting edge with the newest tech out there

Cons

none at this time, keep up the good work

Head of HR

Wonderful reviews like this really make my day (and I know that the directors read every single one and feel the same way). We're thrilled that you're having a great experience at Adaptive and as per another recent review, we're by no means complacent and are rolling out a few improvements over the coming year to keep this a great place to work. We're always interested to receive your suggestions, so never hesitate to contact me at: marie@weareadaptive.com.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very good employer

Feb 2, 2023 - Web Developer in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very energetic team with a lot of new technology to learn.

Cons

So far haven't found it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews
</>Embed

Adaptive Financial Consulting Reviews FAQs

Adaptive Financial Consulting has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 55 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Adaptive Financial Consulting to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Adaptive Financial Consulting employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Adaptive Financial Consulting. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

82% of Adaptive Financial Consulting employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Adaptive Financial Consulting 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Adaptive Financial Consulting to be benefits, career development, management and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation.

Popular Careers with Adaptive Financial Consulting Job Seekers