Adaptive Insights Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Adaptive Insights CEO Tom Bogan
Tom Bogan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "It is a great product, with great employees" (in 14 reviews)

• "Plenty of perks like free lunch on Monday, an abundance of snacks, drinks, and goodies" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Only con's are parking, if you come late, it's tough to find parking, but I guess that just goes to show that the company is growing" (in 7 reviews)

• "As with any company growing at a fast rate, there will be growing pains" (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Adaptive is a solid company with an exceptional product led by a strong leadership team"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

Working at Adaptive means being part of the Adaptive family.
    We have strong leadership that supports each employee, cares about personal lives, and invests in our job satisfaction.
    The Adaptive product is also very strong and investments being made to the software will continue to keep Adaptive on top in an ever-changing and very competitive market.
    Compensation is fair.

Cons

There are truly no cons about working for Adaptive specifically, however there is increased competition in our industry, but Adaptive is well-positioned against the competition.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong synergies at the management level! When the executive leadership is aligned, we can sail ahead toward our strong growth goals and focus on sustaining excellent customer satisfaction

2. "Great culture, great place to work"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

Very supportive work environment, fun culture

Cons

Can't think of any, I've enjoyed working here from the start

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work of listening to staff

"Room for Improvement"

I worked at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adaptive offers a great product that's been proven a success - powerful, easy to use, and constantly improving. Additionally, most of the people are fantastic to work with. There are free lunches and sandwich bars every Monday and Friday and a good range of snacks. They were working on improving the quality (moving to healthier options) which was definitely appreciated. Leadership is very strong and will lead the company to great places. Overall, I had a good experience with the company but saw some major room for improvement.

Cons

The benefits offered were definitely not on par to other companies, though the compensation was decent. No 401k matching and pretty pricey insurance options.

The director level management could also use some training in how to properly manage. Lots of favoritism, micromanagement, belittling, and bullying happened that drove many people away from an otherwise solid team.

Lastly, I found that there was a pretty big work-a-holic culture. No emphasis on taking personal time off and there was always a pressure to work full 10-hour days every single day. It was exhausting and frankly quite unnecessary.

Advice to Management

Invest in quality managers and pay attention to why there is massive turnover in a team. Put more emphasis on work-life balance; I understand that going IPO there is hard work that needs to be put in but if you aren't conscientious about how much your teams are working, they will burn out and they will leave. Continue with the great upper leadership overall but lend some training to/more observation of managers and directors, especially with how they're treating their employees.

"Growing Business with a Fantastic Product"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Product Functionality is at the top of the industry
    -Highly recognized by 3rd party industry experts
    -Rapid Growth, with the potential to one day go public or get acquired
    -Solid culture, lots of great people work here
    -Forward thinking company that has it's sights set on long term strategy, while also staying grounded day-to-day
    -Marketing mix is widespread so lots of exposure for prospects and customers to the brand

Cons

-Becoming more corporate and that comes with more processes and approvals internally

5. "Best Place to Work....EVERRRRR!!!"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone works as a team. Lots of snacks and cool swag available. You have a choice of PC or Mac, when you join. Progressive, yet centered in values and mission focus.

Cons

Growing pains. That's about it.

Advice to Management

Keep focused and stay connected to your teams. Doing great and feeling great!

"Culture of Belief"

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Adaptive is a great company because of its people. However, those people believe in Adaptive because the platform provides true value to the lives of customers. The growth of Adaptive is bolstered by the practical, real-world application of its solutions.

Cons

While Adaptive is the perfect tool to help our customers scale, one of our challenges will be to leverage tools that allow us to do the same as we continue our own explosive growth journey.

Advice to Management

Keep the inspiration coming! This is an exciting time to be part of Adaptive. Building scaleable internal systems will be paramount in our next phase as a company. Leverage the experience of our people and build on the Culture of Belief. Adaptives LOVE our current course!

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Life is easy when you have customers that love Adaptive as much as they do. This is a competitive advantage we have over our direct competition. The growth and trajectory under the current leadership has been amazing over the last 2 years. We are on the verge of taking this company to the next level and I'm happy to be part of something special. Adaptive Insights has been a great place to call home for years and can't wait to see what's next. I'd highly recommend joining the Adaptive family.

Cons

Not many cons but the development of our partner network and marketing lead flow needs to be addressed.

Advice to Management

Great executive team and middle management in place that has made necessary changes to take us to the next level. It would be nice to see more growth out of the Boston office but overall keep up the great work!

May 16, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the positive recommendation regarding our company. There are many things to be grateful for—certainly satisfied customers top that list. I believe that the “something special” you... More

8. "Its gotten better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture has improved greatly

Cons

Upper management can be clueless sometimes

"Good Company Too Many Hours"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great company culture.
    -Everyone is generally nice.
    -Room for growth and advancement.

Cons

GIVE EVERYONE WORK FROM HOME.

Advice to Management

give everyone WFH.

May 16, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the positive feedback and sharing your comments. We’ve found that an important ingredient to building the positive culture that you describe above involves in-person interaction, problem... More

"No room for advancement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great people at Adaptive doing really good work. People are generally friendly. Product is good and teams have some solid plans in the pipeline.

Company, in general, cares very much for their customers and puts great effort into engaging the consumer community--which is excellent.

Management team is very intelligent.

Cons

Though key management tends to be smart, a few of the main players have too low self esteem to listen to less senior individuals with excellent experience and insight. Also, it was made clear that hiring from outside is preferable to promoting from within (this was stated aloud to a large portion of the organization and also reflected in hiring and promotional decisions), leaving little if any room for senior, well-qualified individuals to benefit from their hard work and experience.

Many talented individuals expressed concern about a future at the company because of how they were treated by management. Many left. Some still planning to go.

Also, there's some concern about industry-leading tech comprehension. I ran into walls semi-regularly being told we couldn't do things my past companies wouldn't think twice about. Took great effort to explain how things could be done better, with limited success. This causes the wheels to turn, unnecessary stress, lots of rework, and is painful to watch and be part of.

Advice to Management

I don't know what to say, I did what I could to help, and don't see it changing. But you'll probably be successful overall anyway, just not as successful as you could be.

May 16, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your feedback. An important part of our company success is due to the high caliber of our Adaptive Insights employees. Our talented team delivers innovation to the market, makes... More