Adaptive Insights Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Adaptive Insights CEO Tom Bogan
Tom Bogan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch on Mondays, stocked kitchen, nice employees (in 8 reviews)

• Overall, great people and strong company (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The usual challenges of a fast growing company: (in 6 reviews)

• They have revamped the management team and poised for great success, no cons at this time (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Adaptive is a solid company with an exceptional product led by a strong leadership team"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

Working at Adaptive means being part of the Adaptive family.
    We have strong leadership that supports each employee, cares about personal lives, and invests in our job satisfaction.
    The Adaptive product is also very strong and investments being made to the software will continue to keep Adaptive on top in an ever-changing and very competitive market.
    Compensation is fair.

Cons

There are truly no cons about working for Adaptive specifically, however there is increased competition in our industry, but Adaptive is well-positioned against the competition.

Advice to Management

Keep up the strong synergies at the management level! When the executive leadership is aligned, we can sail ahead toward our strong growth goals and focus on sustaining excellent customer satisfaction

"AMAZING place to work with a SPECTACULAR customer & employee centric focus as it GROWS TOWARD IPO!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an incredible time in this company's trajectory. All is positive and on the upswing. An industry leader, an incredible and active founder, a strong, present, caring management team, and a collection of some of the smartest, most talented people in the valley all co-creating a thing that is GOOD all the way through--good for counting what counts, good for accounting for what matters, and good for growing a shared understanding of business bottom lines across all the organizations in a business. This is SAAS at its best.

Employees are genuinely respected and cared for--food is plentiful, snacks are 24/7, employee suggestions are acted on in real time, growth is wide open, and the professional demeanor is one of camaraderie and celebration. Benefits are competitive and comprehensive with new suggestions integrated as funding allows. Compensation is fair and competitive. Reviews are regular and company wide. Flexible schedule that allows for work-from-home and work-from-the-road options as your manager agrees. LOTS OF GROWTH and potential in this incredible place to work.

Cons

This is a growing company--so there is not a 401k matching program just yet....

Advice to Management

Just keep listening, keep being visible, keep being in touch, keep leveling the playing field, keep winning, keep envisioning our success!

"Director"

Current Employee - Director Software
    Current Employee - Director Software

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

Company leading the charge with excellent financial planning solutions

Cons

They have revamped the management team and poised for great success, no cons at this time.

"Upward trajectory - Company and management team is awesome!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance, free lunches on Monday and Fridays. Very focused management team. They trust their employees and allow flexibility. There is work from home flexibility once or twice a week. CxO team joined in the last 2-3 years and they are all seasoned executives who really turned around the company.
    They have invested a lot in technology and people in the last year and it has made a huge impact in the way people work and collaborate.
    Management team is very transparent. Other negative reviews are over blown. The C suite tries very hard to be open and direct with the employees. We have All Hands every quarter, town hall meetings every month and leadership meetings regularly.

Cons

Health benefits could be better compared to other bay area companies.

Advice to Management

I think the right investments are being made in people and technology. As we gain momentum, more candidates will get attracted to Adaptive so keep doing what you are doing and thanks for being so supportive.

"CEO is a buzz kill - does not know how to inspire"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People work hard, are smart

Cons

CEO focuses on all bad things. Does not lead. Does not inspire. Will leave immediately after IPO

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO that will inspire confidence and honesty.

Aug 14, 2017 – CEO

Our team has done amazing work and I am incredibly proud of what we have accomplished as a company. We have much to celebrate, and I believe we do that often and publicly. It is also important to... More

"Company that cares about its employees"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights (More than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunities, strong product, happy customers, organization constantly striving to do better for its employees and customers, smart team, excellent in-house training.

Cons

Common processes and systems not fully in place, culture not consistent throughout the different departments, some folks who have been around for multiple years less flexible in taking the company to the next level and this slows down the necessary evolution.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate clearly to all levels of the organization, the vision, cultural goals and priorities of the business.

7. "Unshackle the company please"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

Growing company with a good product. There is renewed energy in the product and engineering teams and maybe the whole company. Large amount of new technology development is happening and product and codebase will be renewed. Great place to join if you want in on building a very demanding product.

New sales leadership has brought accountability and consistency which was missing.

Catered lunches a few times a week, generally a low stress environment, most people are nice.

Cons

Founding team of engineers in Palo Alto are completely out of touch with tech, processes, and management practices. They slow down adaptive and are a bottleneck to progress. Some of them are responsible for key areas and are basically "figure heads" who consistently have to be overridden in some form to make progress. Overall there is little respect for these guys in the teams. They don't engage with the teams, teams are afraid to communicate with them, and they can not add any new thinking to basically what they knew 15 years back. No new ideas are reasonable with them but fortunately now there are more people who will listen and act on these ideas.

Advice to Management

Respect the founding team but bring some balance and don't let the progress be shackled due to their presence.

Keep the focus on product and customers.

Jul 10, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback and recognizing the improvements we are making at Adaptive Insights. We are excited about the energy the product and engineering teams are putting in to making our products... More

"Great job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

I can only speak for the Austin office, but as far as I'm concerned there are very few negative things to say. I love Adaptive and I love working in the Austin office!

-Great coworkers. My managers are incredibly helpful and approachable.
    -Lots of personal development. They want to see you succeed.
    -Free lunch on Mondays and free snacks, coffee, and beer always!
    -Our product is actually meaningful and used by many. I feel like the work I do is actually making a difference.
    -Competitive pay

Cons

-As with any tech company there are sometimes issues with the software. Also things are rapidly changing and growing, but that comes with the territory. Don't go into tech or software if you're not willing to keep up or roll with the punches.
    -Sometimes long hours.
    -No 401K match. But I believe that is coming with time?

"Leading the Pack"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great C Suite with the experience to scale the product, operation and go-to market as a true leader in the CPM space. Customer focus embedded within a culture where colleagues support each other just as much as the teams they serve. Innovation within the product is providing value across HR, Finance, Sales and Marketing. Great company, people and products to be proud of.

Cons

Growing pains with some change over past few years, reminder to management that maintaining break neck pace through growth and change can burn out the best of us, need some fair balance.

Advice to Management

Amplify what has gotten us here while scaling in a balanced and methodical way.

May 22, 2017 – CEO

I’m appreciative that you took the time to share your feedback. A strong team, the right experience, customer focus, and innovation are critical pieces to building a great company and continue to be... More

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-track company with a product that is right for its market.

Cons

The best part of Adaptive WAS its culture. Focus on the customer first, and treat each other as humans, not just employees. Today the culture is win at all costs, including using up the people. Burnout is everywhere.

Advice to Management

Back off and become more employee focused and invest in them. The business results will come naturally.

May 8, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for sharing your feedback. You’re right to point out that focus on customers and people is paramount as we continue to grow. While I don’t believe we have a win at all costs culture, finding... More