Adaptive Insights Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Adaptive Insights CEO Tom Bogan
Tom Bogan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free lunch on Mondays, stocked kitchen, nice employees (in 8 reviews)

• we have a new executive leadership team with great people with long track records of success at top companies (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The same growing pains as with any company that is growing (in 4 reviews)

• gt;> filthy culture/people in engineering dept (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"good to great"

Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the company is rapidly growing in a very competitive market. we have a new executive leadership team with great people with long track records of success at top companies. our customers LOVE us and we are moving into an exciting period of innovation where we are adding exciting new features made possible by the architectural investments we have made over the past several years

Cons

the level of competition in the marketplace means the organization has to move at a very fast pace.

Advice to Management

I want to thank you for the measures you take to continuously take feedback and walk the walk

"Great job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

I can only speak for the Austin office, but as far as I'm concerned there are very few negative things to say. I love Adaptive and I love working in the Austin office!

-Great coworkers. My managers are incredibly helpful and approachable.
    -Lots of personal development. They want to see you succeed.
    -Free lunch on Mondays and free snacks, coffee, and beer always!
    -Our product is actually meaningful and used by many. I feel like the work I do is actually making a difference.
    -Competitive pay

Cons

-As with any tech company there are sometimes issues with the software. Also things are rapidly changing and growing, but that comes with the territory. Don't go into tech or software if you're not willing to keep up or roll with the punches.
    -Sometimes long hours.
    -No 401K match. But I believe that is coming with time?

"Changes are to be expected but are not always an upgrade"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product suite has evolved nicely over the years and is currently looking pretty good with lots of new features on the way. Customers are mostly happy once they are up and running and have greater control of their planning process than working in spreadsheets. Being a part of something and knowing that you have helped to improve the lives of your customers is a rewarding experience. They provide lots of free food in the Palo Alto office so you can work through lunch and keep your parking spot.

Cons

Lots of silos exist withing the company and are becoming deeper and more entrenched. The new open office layout is loud and distracting. Tough to focus on a task while at your 2'x5' workstation trying to block out multiple background conversations and constant disruptions. There are too many people crammed into the office with limited parking. The bathroom (singular) gets overworked and is comparable to what you would see at a gas station on I5.
    Pay is below industry standards and other than the free food the benefits are marginal.
    The company's stated values are just words. There's a lack of trust and transparency, we hear specific messages from the top but experience something completely different in their actions.
    Employee turnover has been on the increase.

Adaptive Insights Response

Mar 24, 2017 – CEO

Your comments indicate that there is room for improvement, and I agree. We make a concerted effort to openly share information about the organization, the state of our business, our company goals... More

"Business Development"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

Adaptive will set you up to succeed. Training, management, and culture was on point.

Cons

Successful track record doesn't equal promotion.

Advice to Management

Train within to promote. Stop pulling from Oracle.

"Wonderful place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience at Adaptive has been overwhelmingly positive. People at the company are respectful, collaborative, and appreciative. This is a rarity in today's tech market. There is a definite sense of purpose in my team and in the teams that I have worked with. Leadership has made active efforts to address any issues in the Company and foster ownership and accountability in both leadership and the employee ranks. Employees are spread around the country but I think everyone does a great job of staying in sync with each other.

Cons

None at this point. I would have said the office space is outdated but it is being renovated in the next few months.

Advice to Management

The culture at Adaptive is great, I am glad to be a part of it.

"Lots of changes."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

Upper management has changed. A lot of processes are changing. Company culture is changing. Not sure if it's for the good or bad. Time will tell. (Refreshing so far)

Cons

Turnover rate has gone up. Losing the good crowd. Pay is really below standards.

Advice to Management

Rethink compensation structure & reward hard workers before it's too late.

7. "Still a good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Market leader in its space. Nice perks. The company tries to make working at headquarters fun. People are generally nice and easy to work with. Change in management bringing fresh ideas.

Cons

Recently, there has been a lot of turnover across the board - both voluntary and involuntary. Low morale is spreading like a virus. Departments operate in silos.

Advice to Management

Continue with making the necessary adjustments to make the company IPO ready. Figure out how to stop key people from leaving/wanting to leave.

"Looking back from hiring 2 years ago - where did everyone go?"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product that should be owned / taken over by a real enterprise software company.

Cons

Wow, where to start? HR and marketing folks get hired for their appearance, in my opinion. A lot of secrets always seem to be floating around. From within the 'Boot Camp' group of 40 that I was hired in 2014, over half are gone. The people that the field sees that are seeming to rock it decide to leave. Management at almost every level, plus sales and presales are just going through a revolving door. Having a conversation with Bogan makes you kind of want to say, "Why are you looking behind me? Is someone standing there?" He can't look employees in the eye. The treatment of employees makes them want to just work there until they find something else.

Advice to Management

Rob (founder) - your great story and culture are being sucked down. Management, don't act bigger than you are. Your burn rate would improve if you'd stop chewing threw employees.

9. "Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company is high growth, a leader in the field
    Management is hands-off
    Culture is very collaborative
    Real opportunity to earn high income

Cons

Constant pressure to make quarterly numbers makes for a tense atmosphere 2/3 of the time.

Advice to Management

Maintain balance of longer term focus on business development with short term focus on revenue generation

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

Pros

Hard work pays off in this organization. Myself and others that have been rewarded from internal promotions. There are many different avenues for upward mobility as long as you put in the work required in your present position. There hasn't been a day that I arrived at work and felt like it was "work". I feel like I'm building a career and the organization supports that mindset from the bottom up and top down.

Cons

Office locations limit talent pool for hiring as the main offices are located outside of major cities.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and customer to continue building the business