Adaptive Insights Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Adaptive Insights CEO Tom Bogan
Tom Bogan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Plenty of perks like free lunch on Monday, an abundance of snacks, drinks, and goodies (in 8 reviews)

• we have a new executive leadership team with great people with long track records of success at top companies (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The usual challenges of a fast growing company: (in 5 reviews)

• There's been a lot of change, and it caused a bit of uncertainty at the time (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"good to great"

Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the company is rapidly growing in a very competitive market. we have a new executive leadership team with great people with long track records of success at top companies. our customers LOVE us and we are moving into an exciting period of innovation where we are adding exciting new features made possible by the architectural investments we have made over the past several years

Cons

the level of competition in the marketplace means the organization has to move at a very fast pace.

Advice to Management

I want to thank you for the measures you take to continuously take feedback and walk the walk

"Company that cares about its employees"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights (More than a year)

Pros

Growth opportunities, strong product, happy customers, organization constantly striving to do better for its employees and customers, smart team, excellent in-house training.

Cons

Common processes and systems not fully in place, culture not consistent throughout the different departments, some folks who have been around for multiple years less flexible in taking the company to the next level and this slows down the necessary evolution.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate clearly to all levels of the organization, the vision, cultural goals and priorities of the business.

3. "Unshackle the company please"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

Growing company with a good product. There is renewed energy in the product and engineering teams and maybe the whole company. Large amount of new technology development is happening and product and codebase will be renewed. Great place to join if you want in on building a very demanding product.

New sales leadership has brought accountability and consistency which was missing.

Catered lunches a few times a week, generally a low stress environment, most people are nice.

Cons

Founding team of engineers in Palo Alto are completely out of touch with tech, processes, and management practices. They slow down adaptive and are a bottleneck to progress. Some of them are responsible for key areas and are basically "figure heads" who consistently have to be overridden in some form to make progress. Overall there is little respect for these guys in the teams. They don't engage with the teams, teams are afraid to communicate with them, and they can not add any new thinking to basically what they knew 15 years back. No new ideas are reasonable with them but fortunately now there are more people who will listen and act on these ideas.

Advice to Management

Respect the founding team but bring some balance and don't let the progress be shackled due to their presence.

Keep the focus on product and customers.

Jul 10, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback and recognizing the improvements we are making at Adaptive Insights. We are excited about the energy the product and engineering teams are putting in to making our products... More

"Great job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

I can only speak for the Austin office, but as far as I'm concerned there are very few negative things to say. I love Adaptive and I love working in the Austin office!

-Great coworkers. My managers are incredibly helpful and approachable.
    -Lots of personal development. They want to see you succeed.
    -Free lunch on Mondays and free snacks, coffee, and beer always!
    -Our product is actually meaningful and used by many. I feel like the work I do is actually making a difference.
    -Competitive pay

Cons

-As with any tech company there are sometimes issues with the software. Also things are rapidly changing and growing, but that comes with the territory. Don't go into tech or software if you're not willing to keep up or roll with the punches.
    -Sometimes long hours.
    -No 401K match. But I believe that is coming with time?

"Leading the Pack"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great C Suite with the experience to scale the product, operation and go-to market as a true leader in the CPM space. Customer focus embedded within a culture where colleagues support each other just as much as the teams they serve. Innovation within the product is providing value across HR, Finance, Sales and Marketing. Great company, people and products to be proud of.

Cons

Growing pains with some change over past few years, reminder to management that maintaining break neck pace through growth and change can burn out the best of us, need some fair balance.

Advice to Management

Amplify what has gotten us here while scaling in a balanced and methodical way.

May 22, 2017 – CEO

I’m appreciative that you took the time to share your feedback. A strong team, the right experience, customer focus, and innovation are critical pieces to building a great company and continue to be... More

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-track company with a product that is right for its market.

Cons

The best part of Adaptive WAS its culture. Focus on the customer first, and treat each other as humans, not just employees. Today the culture is win at all costs, including using up the people. Burnout is everywhere.

Advice to Management

Back off and become more employee focused and invest in them. The business results will come naturally.

May 8, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for sharing your feedback. You’re right to point out that focus on customers and people is paramount as we continue to grow. While I don’t believe we have a win at all costs culture, finding... More

"Company is awesome, negative reviews are overblown"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time

Pros

I love working at Adaptive. The culture is great, the people I work with are terrific, and the product is improving exponentially. To say that we are losing customers and people in droves is not a fair or accurate statement. I feel it reflects the opinions of those who have been around a long time and cannot accept the changes that are being made to IMPROVE the company. I'm a little taken aback from some of these negative reviews because they do NOT reflect what I am seeing, which is a vibrant, growing company that has more potential than any of the cloud CPM vendors out there. New functionality and features will set us aside from the competition in short order. Don't believe the BS. And who cares about the "bathroom" situation for heaven sakes?

Cons

The one (minor) complaint I have is with the new office layout. Although I think it is more collaborative and more like other Silicon Valley companies, something needs to be done about the noise. Even noise-cancelling headphones aren't a solution as you can still hear people, and the microphones on those things pick up all the background noise. Perhaps better acoustical ceiling tiling?

Advice to Management

Keep investing in technology, solutions and good people. I think we are on the right path.

Mar 27, 2017 – Adaptive Insights

Thanks for sharing your perspective on working at Adaptive Insights. We’re glad to hear that you enjoying working for a high-growth company and also can see the opportunity ahead. Fulfilling that... More

"nice culture, great product!"

I have been working at Adaptive Insights full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People at the company are very helpful, super nice. The recent additions to the executive team are helping the company raise its game to the next level. The product and sales teams are firing on all cylinders.

Cons

As a result of the "nice" culture, people can be hesitant to say no or honest about providing feedback. In the long run, this could hurt decision making

Apr 18, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your input and the comments about the executive team. We are seeing significant contributions across many parts of the business, notably with the product and sales teams. I am really... More

9. "Marketing"

Pros

Good team and good processes

Cons

None ... ... ... ...

Apr 18, 2017 – Adaptive Insights

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback regarding the marketing team. We also noted in your review that you didn’t feel you would recommend the company. If you feel comfortable, we would appreciate... More

"Professional Services"

Pros

Great team and fantastic chemistry. Good pay with opportunity to move throughout company

Cons

Large separation between departments caused it difficult for me to meet peers outside of my area

Advice to Management

Keep being open to advice from employees and this will result in a better and more cohesive company