Adaptly Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 4, 2019

4.0
Nikhil Sethi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Fast paced, competitive, social network advertising"

I have been working at Adaptly full-time

Pros

Get to work with a variety of big clients and solve interesting and sometimes very complex strategy plans.

Cons

It is a job for a real self-starter, someone who can figure it out and not be handheld. The industry moves quickly and if you don't know the answer you have to figure it out here, no office guru to bestow the knowledge to you.

2. "Lack of Leadership and Support"

Current Employee - Client Strategy Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Strategy Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adaptly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexibility is the biggest plus, PTO (before Accenture)

Cons

lack of leadership
    absolutely no career development programs
    understaffed

Advice to Management

Hire more junior people to do the administrative work, hire better leadership in the midwest, implement a career-growth program, shake up the account teams - people are burned out

3. "Adaptly"

I worked at Adaptly full-time

Pros

Great culture and flexible with career growth options.

Cons

Needed more mentorship opportunities to learn from others.

Advice to Management

Invest more in senior management

"Director of Devops"

Current Employee - Director of DevOps in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of DevOps in New York, NY

I have been working at Adaptly full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is very competitive; Health insurance can be 100% paid for; great work life balance; engineering, at the very least, is flexible with remote work

The reorganization of MOps and CS has brought about an impressive focus on our clients and great retention.

The reorganization of developers into product focused teams has brought insight to various requirements we lacked.

Cons

Still struggling to find effective means of maintaining communication across organizational boundaries, for sustained periods.

The product focused organization of engineering has lead to more tech debt.

Advice to Management

We have worked hard to achieve a modicum of technological stability, and we tinker at the edges of new features... But we might need a few people to focus on what's going to carry us forward, for another 8 years. We might also want to aim for more cross functional teams, at the edges of product and engineering (qa and or devops).

"Disorganized management but potential for career growth"

I have been working at Adaptly full-time

Pros

-Vacation flexibility
    -Strong culture
    -Good place for growth

Cons

-Disorganized and lack of visibility into upper management

"Amazing People and Culture, Processing Could Use Work"

Current Employee - Media Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Media Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Adaptly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By far the greatest part about working at Adaptly is *the people and culture.* Everyone here is welcoming, warm and pleasant to work with, which makes the challenging times more manageable, not to mention very knowledgeable. If being able to both enjoy and learn from the people around you is ideal in a work space, you have found the place. The culture here is awesome; there are a ton of happy hours and work outings, wellness offerings, and people that genuinely care about each other. Plus the great snacks and food orders to fuel our hungry minds are always a plus. Endless avocados!

In addition, there are very good benefits and the salaries here are very fair and actually on the higher end of the market for the most part. On top of that, having a flexible schedule is absolutely invaluable these days and in this industry. With unlimited PTO and flexibility to WFH some days it's something that is rare to find and something that definitely adds to alleviating stress from the sometimes very hectic days.

In general, yes there are busy and stressful days, but having people that genuinely care about your happiness here and working hard with you towards the same goals makes it all bearable. Working here certainly is a worthwhile move and will open many doors.

Cons

There are some times when bandwidth can be spread very thin and there are late nights or weekend hours, but that is standard to the industry.

Growth here is very dependent on which role you're in and what goals you have in mind (if you want promotions it is possible, but can depend on openings at the time, not only performance). In general Adaptly will promote and compensate accordingly but sometimes can be challenging simply due to lack of available roles.

Since Adaptly is more of a "teenage" startup, there are still some kinks in terms of processes being worked out. In this setting you need to have patience and speak up while working through processing adjustments, both internally across teams and with client comms. If you enjoy being involved in a company's growth and transition period, this is definitely the job for you. But overall despite these "growing pains" I do think this is a great place to work.

No 401k matching.

Advice to Management

1.) Listen to the people here, they are your biggest value prop. 2.) Make more trainings available. There are a lot of people here that will go the extra mile and would want to be involved in trainings outside of day to day responsibilities. 3.) Staff according to needs/bandwidth better. 4.) Offer some sort of mentorship programs

"Media Manager"

Current Employee - Media Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Media Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adaptly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love this company. Great people, amazingly good culture and most importantly above market compensation!!! Everyone seems dedicated, very entrepreneurial in spirit and we get along very well. By far the best executive/leadership team I've ever worked for - very relatable, young at heart, transparent and inspiring. We don't have everything figured out, but we have the expertise, energy, solid direction and processes to get there.

Cons

I would say for anyone that is looking for a corporate setting, structured 5 year plan, fancy benefits package and a corner office this is not what you’ll find here.

Advice to Management

Maintain the “start-up” culture which is open, approachable and includes frequent interactions between employees and leadership in all Adaptly locations.

8. "Great Company - Startup Mentality yet well funded and great environment"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Adaptly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People #1 - the greatest, smartest, hardest working people you will ever meet. The company cares about you and some of the best time spent all year is when we're able to get together at our All Hands each year and feed off the wonderful energy of all the offices across the globe. The work is very meaningful and fulfilling as well and there is a lot of support from peers and trainings.

Cons

Adaptly is still a startup so there is still limits to the resources and training you get. It's also difficult to be in the W. Coast Santa Monica office when so many resources are in the other offices, particularly NY. However you have to be resourceful and it teaches you to learn things on your own or get help wherever you can. You don't necessarily have a choice with what client you work with either so you may be dealt a short hand depending on who you have to work with, which can certainly impact your overall well being at the company. The good thing is Adaptly managers listen to you so speak up if you have any issues!

Advice to Management

Training and Development. We're such a young company so there is still such raw talent that hasn't been quite combed through and developed as one might want for their managerial staff. I think it's important for all employees, but especially managers to train and develop on their own time and create strong, successful management styles that leverage employees' strengths and help improve on their weaknesses.

9. "Great place to work with even better people"

Current Employee - NY Ops Team in New York, NY
    Current Employee - NY Ops Team in New York, NY

I have been working at Adaptly full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Your input is always valued
    - Extremely knowledgeable coworkers who care about their job
    - No dress code
    - Unlimited vacation and WFH policy, also no set working hours. It's very dependent on workload/team
    - Good work/life balance and you'll be working with some of the most friendly people in the business
    - Several remote offices to work from (NY, Chi, LA, London)
    - Very good compensation
    - No one to micro manage you, independent autonomous workers will succeed here
    - Fully stocked kitchen, ping pong, playstation, keg

Cons

- No 401k matching
    - Depending on office growth opportunity can be limited.
    - Some processes could use some refining and standardizing across teams/regions

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on keeping your employees happy and valued. 401k matching would be amazing.

10. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Adaptly full-time

Pros

Adaptly is a great company to work for, it's nimble like a start-up but successful enough to feel confident in the company's future. The people are great, unlimited vacation is a major perk. Limited work from home time, but the company is pretty flexible with most things. Expect to learn a lot, very quickly!

Cons

Training and knowledge sharing could use some work, but the company seems to be improving it. Tenured employees often are favored.