Adayana Reviews | Glassdoor

Mikell Rigg Parsch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Working for Adayana"

I worked at Adayana full-time

Pros

The organization always had very talented employees. The foundation is built on a solid business model. Everyone is striving to bring value to customers.

Cons

Shifts in the leadership team created difficulties in maintaining momentum in the market and creating alignment across all employees and working groups in the business.

Advice to Management

Continue to attract, develop and promote the very best talent. identify preferred market segments and focus on those where value can be created and captured.

2. "Company Focus is Billing Man Hours"

I worked at Adayana full-time

Pros

Interesting, important, high profile projects. To me this seemed to be a vibrant exciting company to work for at first while it was growing and innovating.

Cons

For better or worse, their (government group's) business model is focused on billing man hours.
    Management is really only focused on minimizing short term costs. Not aware of how day to day decisions affects the long term. Like to encourage production team members to bring up issues/disagreements with the customer so they don't have to. Don't share success, not really aware of job quality, or who is doing what. Promotion from within the company seems to be rare. Production teams are very expendable and lose their jobs when sales team isn't performing. When new contacts are gotten, new teams are hired simple as that.

Advice to Management

Be better managers. Yes current company bottom line metrics come first, but you also need to understand how everything affects the long term. Own the fact that company focus is about billing man hours, not about quality work.

3. "Project Coordinator"

I worked at Adayana full-time

Pros

Decent benefits in the organization

Cons

Very little to no culture overall

4. "Consultant"

I worked at Adayana full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adayana had a good reputation with government agencies around training content, learning management systems administration and immersive learning environments.

Cons

The company was struggling and did not have enough business development personnel to be able to identify new opportunities. Too reliant on OPM.

Advice to Management

Hire more business development managers, partner with larger contractor firms where we can leverage our employee skills within larger programs.

5. "Adayana Government Group"

Pros

Creative opportunities, independent actions, close to program managers and directors, flexible, working from home and on the road

Cons

Bought out by VC, prior to that a lack of integration between divisions, tunnel vision and hard silo structure, turn over

Advice to Management

Continue on the path the new CEO has them on, turned things around and changed vision, structure, and performance all for the better

"Got out just in time..."

I worked at Adayana full-time

Pros

Great coworkers. The clients were typically good to work with as well. I can't complain about the benefits or compensation - they were definitely on par with what you'd expect from the industry.

Cons

Like many other reviews have said, the management was simply awful. The company went from having a great year - recovering well from bankruptcy - to literally falling apart. Our manager was fired for no obvious reason other than that upper management wanted to bring back someone they thought was better. He ran our department - especially our morale - into the ground. The first year or so that I worked for Adayana was great, but the last nine months were terrifying. They did three "restructurings," which included large layoffs, over the course of less than a year. There was no sense of stability, and the only focus was on project margin. No one cared about putting out a quality product. No one cared about what they were doing to their employees. It was a mess. I left shortly before the company basically went under, letting 35 people go and selling off the small remainder to another company. Good riddance.

"Corporate Trainwreck"

I worked at Adayana full-time

Pros

Some projects allow rock stars to work with other sharp people to innovate at high levels. Compensation was fair. Learned a lot while I was there.

Cons

Some projects are all about how cheap you can work.
    Advancement opportunities are slim.
    Management doesn't really understand their own production, nor can they sell their own product.

Advice to Management

Eat your own dog food guys. Management needs to stop being so "corporate", learn enough to really understand it's own production, and figure out how to generate revenue.

"manager"

I worked at Adayana full-time

Pros

Nice team metes to work with on projects. Professional.

Cons

Leadership drilled company into the ground. Terrible management. Company is selling off pieces and parts. Not transparent or of reasonable integrity. Shameful how leadership knew they were laying off tons of staff with zero warning. Leadership not very good at running the business. Not so much a thank you for people who hung in there through all the terrible decisions and business failure.

Advice to Management

I have provided advice in the past. You guys are terrible.

9. "Infrastructure Manager"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Manager in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Manager in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Adayana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team, offices, working environment

Cons

Viability of company was wobbly and finally resulted in dissolution.

10. "Adayana"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Adayana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very bright people.

Cons

Senior management very secretive, creating a stilted, controlling culture
    All decisions in the hands of very few people who do not take time to seek real input
    Culture lacks trust and excitement
    Company has deep financial struggles and poor sales results
    Extremely high turnover rate (over 60% last year) -- why it occurs doesn't seem to matter