Adconion Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Adconion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management seems pretty up to snuff, other employees enjoy what they're doing and they seem to promote from within

Cons

Slightly underpaid in my opinion especially for the LA office

2. "Great Company!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Adconion (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, team, and culture!

Cons

Need to increase compensation for employees

Advice to Management

Increase compensation for employees

3. "Jr. Systems Administrator"

Current Employee - Junior Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Systems Administrator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Adconion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and atmosphere. Had some great experiences there, CEO cares about her employees more than any other company I have worked for. The pay is decent.

Cons

The work can become monotonous pretty fast.

4. "Was once a great company, now just a shell of the former"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Adconion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great perks, young environment, once you have been there 4+ years pay is good, fast paced, opportunity to grow horizontally, flexible work hours, lots of the color blue,

Cons

no transparency, low growth opportunities, the culture is forced, inexperienced middle management, products are smoke and mirrors, no real value in what you do, long long hours, playing favorites, grew too fast and had to downsize

Advice to Management

help foster growth up not just across.

"All work and no play makes Homer something something."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Adconion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are generally nice, smart people.

Cons

Work-life balance is out of whack. Expected to be on-call 24/7. Great company if you are a workaholic, i.e. overworked and underpaid. Career growth stalls out and salary increases are put in bonuses so they can ding you for "not meeting goals" when the goals set are unrealistic. If you're in sales, you're treated like a king. If you're not, you're basically nothing.

Advice to Management

Get more advancement opportunities for growth from non-sales employees.

6. "Like working for a mini Google – fast paced, digital media company, super fun environment, cares about their employees!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Adconion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best and most welcoming on-boarding experience ever! You truly feel part of not only a team but a family who is proud of the contributions that you make both inside and outside of the company. This is a place that encourages you to think outside of the box and actually lets you take your ideas and run with them! You truly have the ability to control your career path. Here you have the ability to wear your favorite band t-shirt, a pair of chucks, and still rock professional exuberance. It’s a fun environment where we truly do work hard and play hard (intense games of ping pong), enjoy celebratory birthday, anniversary, and goal reaching wheel spins, and most of all CRUSHING it in this industry!

Cons

This is not the place for people who don’t like change or hard work. This is a digital internet company and the internet never sleeps – one of our key ingredients for being successful is to thrive on action and relish change. Also, the temptations of celebratory lunches, sweets, snacks, and beverages.

7. "Awesome company culture, people and opportunities!"

Current Employee - Market Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Market Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Adconion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adconion Direct is a great company to work with for many reasons.

Firstly the company culture encourages teamwork and happiness. Special attention is focused on every individual to be passionate about their work and the management also reflects this message. Besides the enthusiastic celebrations given for birthdays, awards are given for hard work and dedication and there are always different events that occur to allow people to be acknowledged for their work. Also the way the management works with their associates to keep track of goals and to set goals helps immensely with understanding where you are going and how to get there. Besides the culture there are many people with actual knowledge and know how. Anything from technologies to advertising and in between, if you have an interest in those topics there will be someone with the knowledge to help you understand it! Most will be willing to take the time to teach you and management encourages exploration and researching.

The benefits are also phenomenal, don't know if it's a secret when you join the company but I don't pay for my medical insurance, wotcha! There are tons of events that happen that are not necessarily company related too, bowling nights, bar hopping, trivia night, physical sports, ping pong tables, fantasy football teams, constant nerf gun wars, knowledge sharing (Crush Talks) and much more. There are always things to do to get to know your coworkers and many people encourage friendships and bonding.

I am very young in terms of time spent working for companies but this is a very unique culture that works well and is very effective in getting teamwork and camaraderie rolling.

Cons

There are not many downsides but reading the other reviews given on glass door, you have to be prepared to give it you all and get ready to crush. When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

Advice to Management

I think management is in a good spot. They work very hard and its not usual to find so many people working hard to be the best in the business but maybe that's why we are,

8. "Forward thinking tech company, with support and massive opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adconion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Adconion for 2 years. You will feel supported on all fronts of the business. Your ideas are not only welcomed, but encouraged to execute successfully within the company. You will work hard, and earn your keep through out your career at Adconion Direct, and you'll be given the freedom and support to have fun along the way. Truly, a top shelf tech company, with the arguably the best people in the business and proven path of success behind it.

Cons

Fast-paced environment, be ready to adapt on all levels to this. Be ready to be challenged and called on to challenge yourself, the hours you put in will equal the success you have within your career at Adconion Direct.

Advice to Management

The support from leadership, is nothing like I've ever experienced. Very special, very trusted, and very exciting for the future of this company.

9. "One of the most talented set of engineers working in cutting-edge technologies."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Adconion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the most talented group of engineers, coming from a variety of backgrounds/companies/experiences. Opportunity to get hands-on building new software from ground-up. All this in a very lean / start-up like environment.

Love the culture. Everyone partakes in celebrating everyone else's wins.

Mid-size company with big-size vision. Profitable business with year-over-year growth.

Cons

Would not go public anytime soon.

Advice to Management

Do an IPO -> get more funds -> hire more engineers -> very quickly build amazing data technology.

10. "Disappointing"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Adconion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were some great people on board at one time. They paid well.

Cons

Lack of vision - they did have a good product at one point, but made some really bad decisions along the way that took them off track. Poor Leadership and Management, 100% staff turnover, many redundancies that were managed badly. Faux, forced culture.

Advice to Management

I would write a lot here if I felt it would make any difference, but it wont...