Addison Group Reviews in New York, NY | Glassdoor

3.8
Thomas B. Moran

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No cons as I really enjoyed working through them (in 5 reviews)

• None, they've always done their best to help me find work (in 3 reviews)

1. "case manager"

Current Contractor - Case Manager in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Case Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Addison Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

great company good benefits good salary helpful when finding you assignments will fight for your desired salary.

Cons

assignment to far in between

Advice to Management

faster assignments

2. "Business Development Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Addison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture at Addison NY is supportive, fun, and the team sets you up for success in your role. VP Ted Fitzgerald is a seasoned vet in the business of staffing, and having access to him as a mentor will put you ahead right from the start. If you are organized, highly money motivated, and good with people, this could be a great career option for you! Hands on training and help are always available from not only your team, but from on demand content as well.

Cons

For the industry of staffing, Addison Group sets themselves apart from the rest. I left Addison having had a great experience, and am thankful for my time there. The nature of the day to day was simply not what I was looking for in a prolonged career, which prompted me to find an opportunity in a different field. Note that success in staffing is contingent on heavy phone and email work in order to build your book of business. It takes time to ramp up and see results but it is worth it!

Addison Group Response

Jul 5, 2016 – Director of Marketing

We always appreciate positive feedback from past employees, but we appreciate detailed responses like this even more. Regardless of the nature of the feedback we are given, the most important part is... More

"Not stable."

Current Employee - Operator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operator in New York, NY

I have been working at Addison Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Atleast they provide you with jobs. They have their connection to a lot of businesses. They pay weekly. Good for kids.

Cons

They are taking over a lot of businesses and are only offering 30 hours or less. No room for growth. It's a temp agency that has nothing to offer no one. You're not guarantee to get a job right away. You were allowed to get full time hours at one point but recently that was changed!!! No one working for this agency are allowed to get over 30. They do not place you in multiple jobs at one. If you're thinking you can get more hours by doing more than 1 job under the Addison group, the answer is no.
    They claim they help you but they don't.

Advice to Management

If you are helping a person get jobs do it with a better structure. Alert people of change in advance! Give full time hours. A lot of people are trying to get back on their feet and this 30 hour does nothing.

"Terrible."

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Addison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since there is so much Recruiter turnover, it's easy to get hired.

Cons

Employee morale is terrible. I spent six weeks there and the Recruiters were leaving like rats off a sinking ship. The longest tenured Recruiter in my department had been there 12 months. Bad sign. When people are leaving every day, it's really depressing. Not only were former employees speaking horribly of this organization, but CURRENT employees would also tell me how much they hated the place.

Advice to Management

Changing the name of the company won't change the culture or fool anyone. Give your employees the resources they need to do their jobs successfully and treat them with enough respect so that you can retain them for more than three months.

"Old boys club in the worst way"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Addison Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours are decent and the base salary is reasonable.

Cons

As with most staffing agencies there isn't an HR department to go talk to when issues arise. I hope that the office as gotten better since I was there but the environment was miserable. Every day was filled with racist, sexist, and homophobic comments. If you didn't fit the "frat boy" mold you were not accepted.