Addus Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 17, 2017

1.0
Dirk Allison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Have had consistent full-time work since I started and they are accommodating to your needs and concerns (in 7 reviews)

• A great company to work for if you love working with people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of communication between supervisor and care person (in 5 reviews)

• Office staff is very disorganized and procrastinate with everything (in 7 reviews)

1. "Aid"

Former Employee - Aide in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Aide in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule as long as you want to drive out of your way or fight for hours.

Cons

Don't have to pay you for hours worked..its their policy and they fail to mention that at anytime.

Advice to Management

Be straightforward with employees and dont just make them believe the job is incredible until you dont want to pay them or can't afford to pay them.

2. "Poor Communication with me the employee."

Former Employee - Caregiver in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Caregiver in Rockford, IL

I worked at Addus Healthcare part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very nice in training after that downhill

Cons

I was told they have plenty of clients. I was there 1 month couldn't even get 30 hrs. A person bills don't stop when you change your job. After waiting that long I had to leave for the same type work and I got more hrs. If U call in your call isn't returned not enough staff WOW!!!

Advice to Management

You don't appreciate good help and reliable help. I am now employed making a good paycheck. appreciated. Union dues a joke, you don't even make union wages for working hard.

3. "Don't Become A Victim"

Former Employee - Caregiver
    Former Employee - Caregiver

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've met a few wonderful clients. Staying with this life sucking company this long gives me more to add to a resume.

Cons

While driving to my interview, I was victim to a road rage incident on the freeway. When the car finally went around me they exited at the same exit and turned left when I went right. When I pulled into the Addus parking lot, there the car sat parked. I went inside and the lady who did my interview was the driver of the car. I couldn't even believe it. They don't reimburse miles but expect you to drive clients all over for shopping trips. Was never introduced to clients prior to working with them but they do it for all caregivers who have filled in for me. They don't set the same rules for all caregivers, for example had a client with pets. Care plan said nothing about pet clean up (vomit, poop, pee) but was told to do it anyways. Did it for over a year but fill ins were told not to. I did more daily pet clean up (poop and pee) then actual care for client. Office staff is very disorganized and procrastinate with everything. At one time I had a surgery that required me to be put on light duty and while filing paperwork in the office, the client binders were 1-4 years behind with current paperwork and out of order. They lie to clients and caregivers to cover their butts and then back track when found out. Absolutely NO support from office staff, especially when it comes to life threatening issues for client and caregiver. Working for Addus is not worth the mistreatment. You have to neglect your own health and life to slave away for people who don't appreciate you (clients and management). There are very few caregivers who are actually compassionate and do their job from the heart. The rest seem to come from the bottom of the barrel with no common sense, ability to drive a vehicle, read a recipe or even clean properly. Makes your job (the one you do properly) a million times harder and unpleasant. Being rid of Addus has eased my depression tremendously and I no longer wake physically ill from hating my job so much.

Advice to Management

Be honest! Stop procrastinating and get your stuff in order. An audit might do you some good. Treat your caregivers better because without us your company couldn't exist. We are the oxygen you need to survive.

4. "Homecare Aide"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Homewood, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Homewood, IL

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time

Pros

Hours good for working families.

Cons

Staff are unorganized and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

More Training for staff.

5. "TOTALLY Disorganized"

Current Employee - Life Skills Trainer in Oakdale, NY
    Current Employee - Life Skills Trainer in Oakdale, NY

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Checks when they manage to mail them out

Cons

Most everything. They are Disorganized. Time sheets are so outdated.

"It's a JOB, not a career"

Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Service Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked here for over a year and watched it move from a very caring team to an individualist group of clock watchers. I left of my own accord, my position was not "eliminated" as they had done with many others. Clients are generally very nice people, grateful for services they receive. There are still some very caring individuals, but they are mostly in other branches.

Cons

Very low pay in office and in the field, making it difficult to keep good employees. Attrition is HIGH. When an employee tried to cash her check at a branch where the check was drawn, it could not be processed. Corporate payroll personnel literally said, "it's not my problem!" Corporate made the decision to change pay schedules and withheld 6 days of pay (this was in July 2017). When I left the company, those six days were not on the final paycheck. All calls were ignored and sent to voicemail. When another employee attempted to get an answer on how to correct, the response from payroll was that payday is on Friday (this was Thursday) and they would not consider, or even look, at payroll issues until Monday. When expense reports are submitted with receipts, it takes upto 2 - 3 months for reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Quit spending all day looking at graphs and statistics and learn the aspects involved in running the business. Address the attitudes and actions of payroll personnel, they may not be to blame for corporate decisions, but even a modicum of empathy would go a long way when a person's livelihood is at stake. Raise the standards on who you hire to tend to your client's needs. Quit accepting new clients when you don't have personnel to take care of them.

7. "Director"

Pros

Nothing at this time thanks

Cons

most unorganized, unprepared, antiquated, three ring circus I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Sell

8. "Coordinator"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There were no pros working here, it was a job, nothing more, nothing less. Paid the bills

Cons

Manager and Lead coordinator were friends and certain people were allowed to leave the office when they got ready, (which was all the time) call out when they wanted.

Advice to Management

When employees work for a bonus, it should not matter that they have left the company, if they worked, they are entitled to bonus.

"Horribe Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing other than Location.

Cons

Management, Professionalism, Lack of Knowlege, Unethical, No Skillset

Advice to Management

I have never worked for a more unprofessional/ineducated company.

"home care"

I have been working at Addus Healthcare part-time

Pros

near my home by my house

Cons

unorganized. horrible etiquette. chaotic. bad attitude towards workers