Addus Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 19, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Dirk Allison

Pros
  • Able to Attend School Full-Time (in 6 reviews)

• A great company to work for if you love working with people (in 5 reviews)

1. "Big no no"

Former Employee - CNA

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The patients I had were friendly.

Cons

No honest
    Pushy
    Don't take no for an answer
    Pay is terrible

Advice to Management

Need to either learn how to stick to their true statement or shut it down.

"Horrible"

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time

Pros

Nothing. Ziltch. Nada. Zero. No no no just no. This company claims to help but they just leech of government funding and they are frauds.

Cons

Lied to me about pay. Said i was going to make 13.50 an hour but was only 11.35 on my paycheck. They like to find excuses to not pay you for your work like "we lost your time logs" and such. There are days youll be driving across town to bring a patient to an appointment with no other work. The cost of gas is going to be more than what they pay you back. Youll get patients who lock you out and wont answer the door. You wont get paid for that or the gas driving there. Youll get some friendly ones, but most hate addus as much as you and will take it out on you. Scheduling problems. Not enough hours. They lie to you and patients and sign patients up for more services than they need. Pretty sure this company is apart of some medicare fraud. Theres alot of sketchy things going on here. Oh and be prepared to sign waivers saying your not allowed to sue them. Thats when you know its time to run. Druggys like this place cause they dont do drug testing! Patients should also avoid using addus if they can because they deserve better.

Advice to Management

Shut this place down

"Not worth working for"

I worked at Addus Healthcare full-time

Pros

I no longer work there.

Cons

Total lack on honesty and transparency from HR and company executives.

"Horrible"

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and times some nice clients

Cons

When they say "we will call you back" that's a joke and if you want to receive a paycheck on time or millage rembrsment do the hold your breath on that have worked for the company for a month now and still no signs or answers to where my first payment check is no one else can or will give you a straight anwser

Advice to Management

Return phone calls emails you guys do absolutely nothing you say your going to do always dragging there feet or avoiding the subject people live paycheck to paycheck and can't go without but that's ok to you and for you as long as your pockets get lined when they are supposed to screw everyone else who works to live entertainment your pockets

"Look somewhere else"

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dental and vision are affordable.

Cons

Bottom line driven. Employees are not valued. Treated more like plug and play with little training. Very unstable. Policy changes not thought through.

Advice to Management

Need to value employees. Consider consequences of policy changes. What works in one region does not work in all regions.

"There need to be a lot of changes."

Current Employee - Hone Health Aide
    Current Employee - Hone Health Aide

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing clients, benefits but only for full time employee's

Cons

Communication is atrocious, impossible to reach the office, never get pay checks on time

Advice to Management

There needs to be a change in communication. I have been calling my local office for three days now and have gotten no answer. And something needs to be done to ensure pay checks are actually in peoples mail boxes on payday!

"State of chaos"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The long-time people here are knowledgeable, friendly, and committed.

Cons

Management shakeups, mismanagement, disorganization, and a lack of communication have created an unhealthy environment and employees, both short term and long term, are dissatisfied.

Advice to Management

Open your doors for clear and honest communication and you'll be rewarded with a higher level of commitment and hard work from your employees. The game playing and secretiveness needs to stop.

"Home Care Aide"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

I worked at Addus Healthcare part-time

Pros

I like helping the elderly and disabled remain in their homes by doing tasks

Cons

Poor office staff who is rude and doesnt communicate, and treats staff poorly and writes you up if you dont agree with an issue nor do they listen when you tell them you would like to help clients on the end of town you are familar with, but send you on a wild goose chase. I worked for a client, wasnt told they smoked, told them I couldnt be around smokers, and I got written up and fired for job abandonment nor did I get paid for the work I did.

Advice to Management

Treat homecare aides with respect. I called for months and months and no one returned my callls. When I finally got a client I didnt get paid and I got written up for job abandonment and I put in my profile I couldnt be around smokers, but I didnt agree with the statement nor was I given an exsit interview or other clients, so I had to take another part time job. Addus Healthcare is the worst

"Support Center is the Worst!"

I have been working at Addus Healthcare full-time

Pros

None. Unless you enjoy being part of a company that is crashing and burning!

Cons

Addus has always been a difficult place to work- No support, no IT assistance and archaic ways of running the business. Everything is manual and quite frankly nothing is done correctly. However, most people were at least nice. Recently the Board replaced the CEO with one of their members. He is a dishonest and awful person. Now on top of all the previous problems, he is firing everyone and replacing with his cronies from Dallas. Almost all the executives and directors have been replaced with unqualified know-it-alls. Everyone that works here is miserable and is just waiting for their day to get called in to be fired. The Dallas cronies are a nasty bunch. They follow he CEO from company to company and then sell the company. Not so hard to do on the small scale business they've previously done, but Addus is a different animal- a large public corporation. Executives repeatedly tell us that the company is not for sale and they are not moving to Dallas. Everyone knows this is a lie. Don't accept a job here- it will only be for the short term.

Advice to Management

Leadership and professionalism don't exist. Try to be decent human beings for once! Communicate and be honest- it goes a long way even if it's not great news!

11. "Home care aide"

Former Employee - Currently A Cashier
    Former Employee - Currently A Cashier

I worked at Addus Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have pros of working here

Cons

They will try and send you all over the country for just two hours a day. When they hire you on thwy promise all kinds of hours but in my experience they only gave me two hours a day everyday except for Sunday and when I emailed my Carenotes to the company not once but TWICE everytime they shorted my last paycheck by atleast $50!! I wouldnt recommend them to anyone! !!

Advice to Management

The advise i give is stop hiring and cheating them out of money ! And if you do when someone calls about it pick up the dadgum phone to fix the mess you created!!!!