Addus HomeCare "flexible hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Addus HomeCare Employee Reviews about "flexible hours"

Updated 17 de Sep 2019

2.7
Addus HomeCare CEO Dirk Allison (no image)
Dirk Allison
Pros
  • "Have had consistent full-time work since I started and they are accommodating to your needs and concerns(in 8 reviews)

• "Flexible hours and times some nice clients(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "While I was happy there, they had no benefits, when I was hurt took some time off, upon return I had one client with very few hours(in 10 reviews)

• "Low pay and you must have 2 cases to get insurance(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Caregiver"

I worked at Addus HomeCare full-time

Pros

Addus offers flexible hours, and management was great.

Cons

The hourly pay is low

Addus HomeCare2018-09-12

"Great starter job.!"

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Addus HomeCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great starter job Flexible Hours Great benefits

Cons

Have to wait 2 weeks to start 3 Day Training No Benefits for dependents Have to wait a full year from date of hire to receive vacation

Addus HomeCare2019-09-17

"Decent"

Current Employee - CNA in Kankakee, IL

I have been working at Addus HomeCare part-time for less than a year

Pros

I get to take care of a great client. Flexible hours. Not demanding. Great in house help don't have to call the other offices I can stay local

Cons

They don't always pay you properly, or at all. Hours aren't always the best. Don't know who to talk to about union issues.

Addus HomeCare2018-03-31

"Horrible"

I have been working at Addus HomeCare full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and times some nice clients

Cons

When they say "we will call you back" that's a joke and if you want to receive a paycheck on time or millage rembrsment do the hold your breath on that have worked for the company for a month now and still no signs or answers to where my first payment check is no one else can or will give you a straight anwser

Advice to Management

Return phone calls emails you guys do absolutely nothing you say your going to do always dragging there feet or avoiding the subject people live paycheck to paycheck and can't go without but that's ok to you and for you as long as your pockets get lined when they are supposed to screw everyone else who works to live entertainment your pockets

Addus HomeCare2017-02-01

"Home health care"

Former Employee - HCA in Lewiston, ID

I worked at Addus HomeCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Somewhat flexible hours but always on sorry notice call. Nothing makes you feel better about yourself than helping and Caring for someone in need.

Cons

Pay check never correct. Always short. Constant fight to get what they owe you. Took me 3 months to get paycheck still not complete. Finally had to find new job. Took me 6 months to get bonus check. Very unorganized. Supervisors don't follow through and don't turn in paper work so you can get paid. Office staff sucks all the way to the top. They don't care about their employees our clients.

Advice to Management

Very important to make any business work. Organization, completing tasks, caring about clients and employees. Treat everyone with respect. But most of all just do your job!

Addus HomeCare2015-09-01

"Loved working with the Clients"

Former Employee - Home Healthcare Provider in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Addus HomeCare part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Place to work overall. I enjoyed meeting every client that I had. Management was very welcoming for all employees. Very Flexible hours, great for Student's just looking for a part-time job.

Cons

Management is in need of better communication skills between people in the office and people in the field (Clients Homes). Didn't get the hours I was told I'd get when hired.

Advice to Management

Management is in need of better communication between people in the office and people in the field (Clients Homes).

Addus HomeCare2014-04-22

"From Crisis to Crisis"

Current Contractor - Health Care Aide in Central, IL

I have been working at Addus HomeCare for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay for home care aides is ( nominally) above minimum. Can work part time and flexible hours. Flexible clothing policy including scrubs or street wear. Payroll is accurate and on-time. Have electronic deposit.

Cons

A downstate branch office has major issues with being reactive, not proactive. They go from one crisis to another and ignore or delay issues until the issue blows up. . Have even told clients "what we don't know won't hurt us" regarding major violations of policies. Managers don't seem to have good time management or organizational skills, but rely on deceptive handling, maniuplation or rude, abrasive comments... to staff to intimidate them and control them. They don't seem to have the experience or knowlege to make judgements but rely on a small clique of union homemakers to tell them what to decide, or call another branch manager for mentoring which seems to help them to personally career build and network but not provide any better knowlege or ethics in their operational decisions. Managers are very punitive towards clients or staff who "annoy" them by presenting issues they don't want to deal with or are co-opted on. They seem unable to string facts together to see a "large" picture. The are scared of losing clients even if the clients are in the wrong and will sell aides out rather than appropriately re-educating the client.

Advice to Management

Hire independent outside auditors or quality assurance people with good experience and job qualifications (not just political or union-oriented) to survey clients and front line staff anonymously for feedback on downstate branch offices. Send a every-six-months review form to aides for them to anonymously evaluate their branch director and office supervisors. Make downstate offices more accountable, and not... just in their stats or pleasing, placating demeanor to Corporate officials.

Addus HomeCare2013-03-16