Addus HomeCare "no benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Addus HomeCare Employee Reviews about "no benefits"

Updated Sep 17, 2019

2.7
Addus HomeCare CEO Dirk Allison (no image)
Dirk Allison
Pros
  • "Have had consistent full-time work since I started and they are accommodating to your needs and concerns(in 8 reviews)

• "Flexible hours and times some nice clients(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "While I was happy there, they had no benefits, when I was hurt took some time off, upon return I had one client with very few hours(in 10 reviews)

• "Low pay and you must have 2 cases to get insurance(in 10 reviews)

Reviews about "no benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Awesome company"

I worked at Addus HomeCare

Pros

Get hands on commucation skills with assistant Living

Cons

There are no benefits for employees

Addus HomeCare2016-09-13

"Great starter job.!"

Current Employee - Home Health Aide in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Addus HomeCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great starter job Flexible Hours Great benefits

Cons

Have to wait 2 weeks to start 3 Day Training No Benefits for dependents Have to wait a full year from date of hire to receive vacation

Addus HomeCare2019-09-17
  3. "Will not recommend this company"

Current Employee - Homecare Aide in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Addus HomeCare part-time

Pros

Flexable schedule, enjoying working with elders

Cons

No benefits, poor pay

Advice to Management

Lack of communication poor mangement no career opportunities run is not a good company to work for especially in Montgomery alabama

Addus HomeCare2018-12-16

"Pers care attendant"

Former Employee - Pca in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Addus HomeCare full-time

Pros

Great place to work real care and conce Rn for employees and clients. Highly recommend employment there all my clients seemed vey happy check them out

Cons

Advice to Management

I believe honest effort should be given to loyal, dependent employees, some benefits should be offered, employees opinions should be heard

Addus HomeCare2018-03-17

"Not Worth It"

Current Employee - Aide

I have been working at Addus HomeCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

You do good work for people who really need you.

Cons

Literally EVERYTHING else. Management is overworked and non-communicative. They don't actually show any care towards their workers or their clients. Pay is awful. No benefits.

Advice to Management

Do better.

Addus HomeCare2017-11-28

"I dropped my hours"

Current Employee - Care Giver

I have been working at Addus HomeCare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Only thing is i am doing what i love

Cons

No benefits, very low wage, try to work you for nothing, people who have experance or who have been with company or go above and beyond get nothing for it

Advice to Management

Offer raises and other benefits

Addus HomeCare2017-10-05

"Not the Best Management"

Current Employee - Home Healthcare Aide in Litchfield, IL

I have been working at Addus HomeCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the one-on-one work and getting to know clients and their families. Have had consistent full-time work since I started and they are accommodating to your needs and concerns.

Cons

No real chances for advancement in the company. Have to wait a full year for any acquired vacation days. Salary is not competitive with other companies in the same field. (Raise has still not been offered after working full-time for a year. I am not allowed to have insurance through the company because my client is private pay. This means that I am working full-time (40 hours a week) and have no benefits because,... technically, the company doesn't pay me.

Advice to Management

Care more about the people who work for you. Because without us, let's face it, you wouldn't be in business.

Addus HomeCare2016-03-31
  8. "I work in North. Carolina"

Current Employee - CNA/HHA in New Bern, NC

I have been working at Addus HomeCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love my clients so much

Cons

Poorly paid. No benefits a

Advice to Management

Pay aids more

Addus HomeCare2015-05-01
  9. "Lack of communication and professional conduct among administration ex. telling aides personal information to other aid."

Program Assistant/CNA in Greenville, NC

I have been working at Addus HomeCare

Pros

The people you help assist to stay within their homes is the best thing about this field of work and if it does not work out with a client you can be given to another individual.

Cons

There are too many promises and no follow through. The office passes the responsibility of answering questions to the next individual when it comes to schedule or pay checks being incorrect. There are No benefits not even paid Vacation nor pay raises for some that have been here for five years. When the device doesn't work correctly or is not keyed in correctly you wont get paid until management chooses to pay you... and that could be weeks later.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a way to contact them instead of local administration due to the lack of communication about important facts such as loyal employees not being given a chance to receive pay raises nor vacation pay after a certain amount of time. A way to check on the dismissive attitudes given to those that need certain things done when using the devices that have been given in order to clock in and out and are... used in order to get paid.

Addus HomeCare2015-02-11

"Poor Management On Steroids."

Former Employee - Home Health Aide in Salem, OR

I worked at Addus HomeCare part-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a job. I loved most of my clients.

Cons

The office staff were consistently sarcastic, rude, mean, and had nothing but negative things to say. One client was abusing her pills in a very dangerous way (mostly misplacing them, dropping on the floor, forgetting she had just taken them and taking more)--- since I was a mandated reporter, I tried to get them to intervene, and discuss solutions with her doctor. They solved the problem by cutting off her care.... The turnover of aides was weekly to monthly, because the bullying and abuse from the office staff was demoralizing. I was ordered to go and work with a patient whose last worker was arrested, because drugs were missing. MAYBE the worker took them---and maybe they were misplaced in the house. This situation was never resolved. Minimum wage, no benefits, and no one to "have my back" when potential danger occurred, made me quit one day. I have never in my life quit on the spot, until this time. The turnover at Addus is appalling. If they didn't "like" you, your hours would be one in the early morning, 2 at noon, and one in the evening....or whatever would be the hardest ones for you to work. Their management was worse than anything I've ever seen, anywhere in my life.

Advice to Management

Start over. Start all the way over.

Addus HomeCare2014-12-05