Adecco Reviews | Glassdoor

Alain Dehaze

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Tester"

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

Coworkers, work environment, holiday parties

Cons

Management, work/life balance, supervisors, and constant rule changing

Advice to Management

Be mindful and have respect for your employees.

"Should change name to What-A-Mess, not Modis"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Adecco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers but they will fire/lay-off the good ones quickly so don't get used to it. Depending on who you are/job function/location, you don't have to work too hard and you have no supervision so it is a great place for those people.

Cons

Poor recruiter training/expectations, bad (worse than poor) management with lots of changes, archaic website and marketing department, no support for sales at all, when 1 division does poorly, they lay-off/fire people to balance every month to 6 weeks. Inconsistent vision means you may be hired for something and re-diverted entirely.

Advice to Management

You are 15 years behind with your website, sales tools, support, marketing. Recognize that and do something about it quickly. Sales cannot work miracles when you are a dinosaur. Don't act like you are the best in town when your recruiters have no relevant experience in the areas they are recruiting for...if they don't understand the role, they cannot fill it correctly, certainly not quickly and certainly not with quality employees. Get trained, relevant recruiters, manage them and ensure they are doing a good job. The current set up pits Adecco offices and employees against each other. There is no support or teamwork and this translates to poor service to the customer. Please change almost everything about how you do business. In 2017, you cannot continue to be successful on this current path.

Adecco Response

Jul 6, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your thorough review. We take this feedback seriously. We'd like to identify the parties involved in your negative experience, so please connect with our team by emailing... More

3. "ABUSIVE Manager and Atmosphere!!"

Former Contractor - Offer Coordinator in Tempe, AZ
    Former Contractor - Offer Coordinator in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Adecco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay and hours. That's all.

Cons

MANAGEMENT!!! Oh and did I say management?!?!?!

Advice to Management

To one Manager in particular at the Tempe AZ office.......Based upon your human interactions you are either burned out and need to retire or need to go back to college and study and retain the concepts of Human Resources!!

Applicants: The best advice I can give is to RUN AWAY AND RUN FAST!!!! I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work for this company or this Manager. Myself and many others were hired onto an assignment and after a month this manager flys off the handle and goes on firing sprees! We started off with about 60 employees doing the same job and shortly after were down to 15!! This manager calls people at their homes in the evening or on their way to work in the morning to fire them!!!! I experienced a very abusive atmosphere and very unhappy coworkers! If you decide the job isn't right for you or you find another job and turn your badge in this manager will literally walk you out the door screaming at you. True story!! Managers who clearly have personal problems should not be placed in a role of managing anyone!

4. "Not a "Great Place to Work""

I worked at Adecco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired (***However, extremely hard to stay employed by company who make, abrupt/random mass company layoffs extremely often***)

Cons

Poor salaries. Extremely high turnover. Very poor training if any at all. Random & abrupt mass layoffs (recent 2017). New health benefit changes (increased in cost and lowered in quality). Outdated systems making it impossible to have consistent/efficient work output, Nearly all top executive/corporate positions worldwide, including multiple top level CEO's, have been fired and replaced showing major disfunction across all brands worldwide. This disfunction shows that there is poor job security for any Adecco position at any and all levels. The "anonymous" company surveys Adecco has employees fill out such as A Great Place to Work, are not anonymous. Managers and corporate are completely able to see who took each survey and what they wrote. All of management/corporate review 100% of the surveys and will punish employees for poor ratings and/or constructive criticism. Honestly sounds a lot like Nazi, Germany's voting system.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees lives instead of your bottom line. Have people who can properly train new employees. Give back overtime options. Lastly, cut out any and all of the "employee appreciation parties" and pay your employees more. These parties are used to manipulate the lower level employee into thinking the company cares about the employee. In reality, the parties are just an extremely cheap excuse/distraction used by the company in order to not have to increase employee pay.

Adecco Response

Jul 6, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We assure you that the surveys administered are indeed anonymous and no action can be taken against a colleague for feedback collected. We're concerned that you didn't... More

"Failure to support"

Former Contractor - Data Analyst in Beaverton, OR
    Former Contractor - Data Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Adecco as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They paid well if they could

Cons

I made several complaints and asked for a new assignment because of repeated harassment from coworkers and supervisor. I was out for medical and they fired me for it.

Advice to Management

Listen, communicate, and make no assumptions only use facts.

6. "Thieves"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Adecco as a contractor

Pros

Will Place you in a tech Company

Cons

They will take so much of your salary bc they are the temp agency and when people bounce around to other higher paying positions they will try to block you. They will not represent you and they have lost contracts with big companies because of mismanagement.

7. "Recruiter"

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

The only good thing about the company was the paid time off allotment however you weren't allowed to use any time from September through December.

Cons

I don't know where to start. The stress was unbearable. The pay is pathetic. Management expects you to do the job that needs 2-3 additional people and you get written up if you don't get it done. Worst company experience I've ever had. During my exit interview with corporate I voiced my concerns and they ran their mouth to the manager about everything I discussed. Very unprofessional

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about the bottom line! Hire enough staff to get the job done. Don't expect one person to do the job of three!

8. "Partner Manager"

Former Contractor - Partner Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Partner Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Adecco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I didn't have to deal with the Adecco employees in person. I worked onsite and reached out to them when I needed.

Cons

The contacts were constantly changing, they were often unfamiliar with what was going on with the job, and they were terrible finding/responding to new opportunities (locally) for full-time or other contract work once my assignment ended early. I was told to contact a specific person, he never responded. When I reached back out to the original contact, she made all types of excuses for him. He still never called to assist.

9. "Worst job ever waste of time"

I worked at Adecco part-time

Pros

No pros at all bad

Cons

They don't tell you when they will let you go they just do it out of nowhere

10. "Where is my pay check?"

Former Employee - Picker in Aberdeen, MD
    Former Employee - Picker in Aberdeen, MD

I worked at Adecco (Less than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of hours to work

Cons

I worked for this company. I still have not received no pay check. Ive called and done everything possible. And they act like it's an inconvenience for them to handle it. They still have not paid me. And they don't care.

Advice to Management

Get your self together!

Showing 172 of 1,131 reviews