Adecco Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adecco CEO Alain Dehaze
Alain Dehaze

Pros
  • Work/life balance was pretty flexible (in 21 reviews)

• It is an overall positive work environment (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Suffice it to say no benefits at all (in 19 reviews)

1. "Short sweet contract in insane work environment."

Former Contractor - Unix Systems Administrator in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Unix Systems Administrator in Portland, OR

I worked at Adecco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Both my recruiter and his manager were really good and I was well represented.

Cons

Neither of them still work there.

Advice to Management

Figure out if you are going to be kelly services or a tech staffing firm.

2. "An okay Job if you need the money"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Adecco part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, decent hours, ask for time off in emergencies.

Cons

Poor planning and scheduling, lack of communication

Advice to Management

Create a better communication system.

3. "Proposal Specialist"

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

There are possibilities to advance.

Cons

Unfair expectations, especially when it comes to a review and then not given an opportunity to correct or change what's been suggested.

5. "Branch Manager"

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

I have no pros to share.

Cons

Management expects you to work 24/7/365.

6. "Horrible company to work for!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Panama City, FL
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Panama City, FL

I worked at Adecco as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

pay checks arrive on time.

Cons

really crappy holiday pay requirements that are almost impossible to fulfill. no vacation pay. horrible benefits offered.

7. "Field Manager"

Former Contractor - Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Adecco as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work with large, advanced tech companies.

Cons

Bad management, low support, bad communication, poor quality in HR and leadership.

Advice to Management

Communicate effectively and more often, Keep up with staff, clarify and give correct information to staff.

8. "Not a company that will help you grow within a career"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist/Accounts Payable Specialist in Lithonia, GA

I worked at Adecco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They work quickly at placing you on an assignment

Cons

They place you in assignments and leave you there regardless if you are no longer happy at the company they placed you. Its like they place you and forget about you. Also it is very depressing to work for a company for years with no benefits; No sick pay, no vacation or holiday and everything starts back over yearly. So if you have been employed with Adecco for five years, once January comes, if you do not have enough hours accrued, you will not get payed holiday pay until you once again accrue enough hours.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

9. "IT Center Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at Adecco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being a site support engineer for the Ericsson campus is a very nice position to have. The people are great to work with and I love being here.

Cons

Working for a third party is not that great. PTO is not good as well as the pay. Management is top HEAVY.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth and lighten the management.

10. "Administrative Assistant III"

I have been working at Adecco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No long wait to start employment once selected, learn the contracted job, and potential to gain full-time employment with actual contractor.

Cons

No leave or paid holidays until after 1000 hrs are worked, health insurance deduction is a crazy amount, if you have questions regarding job there is no POC available, starting pay is does no measure your experience or worth, No pay increase until after a year IF contract is renewed and still not guaranteed..

11. "Interview your recruiter closely before accepting a position."

Former Employee - Technician in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technician in New York, NY

Pros

-Friendly office staff
    -I did get to work quickly
    -The online benefits and time sheet entry system are convenient.
    -No micromanagement
    -The Skillsoft online course training is vast and convenient

Cons

-They offer no benefits to contract staff (no personal leave, no sick days, no vacation)
    -No bonus eligibility (unless Adecco decides to offer one). If the client you work for offers a company bonus to their employees- you're out-of-luck.
    -Very little communication from HR or others. There are no emails to tell you what day Adecco will pay your check when it lands on a holiday, which could be a long weekend.
    -Probably one of the worst experiences is trying to contact a LIVE person at payroll and benefits to speak with. I have held avg. of at least 15-20 minutes, and then hang-up. However, I have been left on-hold for 1 hour in the automated queue. No one ever picked up. (It should not matter the time of year an employee calls-in, there should be someone to talk with during business hours, during the week.
    -There seems very little concern for their contractor staff. In their policies and little concern shown to their contractors when contacted- you feel as if you have very little value to them. You are expendable. They like the time you send-in your timesheet because then Adecco can bill the client and get paid.
    -Finally- realize that their policy of "Paid-holiday" is structured by design where I would bet very few reach their requirements to qualify. And, they state they reserve the right to change or retract that said "Paid-holiday" at any time. Here's why that matters-- A contractor with Adecco receives no opportunity to accrue "personal leave, sick pay, or vacation pay." They do not pay if the client you are serving pays holiday pay to their staff. Keep in mind- most clients will close the building on a holiday. So- that leaves the contractor losing a day(s) of pay. The only way to make a full-week of pay is to find some off-hour time the client will allow you make it up. So- as a contractor for Adecco- you are royally screwed with their policies.

I have made attempts to contact the corporate office to address this concern to me, but they don't seem to care. That's what you are dealing with when working with Adecco.

I'll say it depends on your goals. If you are a college student, or something looking to make some quick cash without benefits...its great. If you think your client will hire you on full-time after a tour with Adecco...that's great! However, if you need benefits, and would like to have a paid holiday now and or need to use paid personal leave- you won't have that option with Adecco's current policy structure.

Advice to Management

Advocate to re-structure the contract staff benefits policy. It could be miles better.

Adecco Response

Dec 1, 2016 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thank you for the detailed feedback. Some of these concerns sound uncharacteristic of our branch offices, so if there is specific information you can provide about lack of paycheck awareness or pay ... More