Adecco Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adecco CEO Alain Dehaze
Alain Dehaze

Pros
  • Work/life balance was pretty flexible (in 21 reviews)

• It is an overall positive work environment (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no work life balance (in 11 reviews)

• Suffice it to say no benefits at all (in 19 reviews)

"False claims to unemployment"

Current Employee - Mtg Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Mtg Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

location and that is it

Cons

Adecco is attempting to lie to state unemployment offices. They terminated my employment. I then filed unemployment. They filed a claim stating I voluntarily quit. The Phoenix office will not put it in writing for me but will tell me verbally that they ended my employment rather then me quiting. Beware. Do not work for this company. Also professionalism does not exist.

Advice to Management

Report unemployment claims correctly

"Jerked around in job position. Promoted, then months later, demoted without cause."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Flexible work arrangements have enabled me to work around family problems.

Cons

Incompetant middle manager over my position. Embarrassed me in front of entire committee and co-workers. Changed my position, pay and supervisory status twice within two months, and refuses back pay owed me due to the position changes he initiated. He has no business being in management.

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on your middle managers. More than one are incompetant managers who have no business in leadership or supervision over others.

3. "The racist temporary agency"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Casa Grande, AZ
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Casa Grande, AZ

I worked at Adecco full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are best reason if your Hispanic then your good, any other race they lie an do unnecessary things to hardworking individuals that makes it hard to get a true review.

Cons

The challenges are the lies and the dishonesty they give African Americans.

Advice to Management

You guys need to stop the hate crimes because it will determine your future and karma is an existing factor.

"Going the wrong direction!!!"

I have been working at Adecco full-time

Pros

Ability to work with the largest staffing agency in the US and the world. This affords many positive opportunities. Solid organization which has done a nice job of cutting out the red tape. Organization is committed to their employees from a training and development perspective, in partcular Recruiters, on-sites and branch managers.

Cons

The company is going the wrong direction!!! Very apparent to see the organization, which once had a nice balance, is now ONLY about finding a way to making more money!!! Some examples are the closing of the Melville location, not replacing individuals in key positions/segments and making foolish career decisions on solid producers. The company values of cool head, warm heart and working hands needs to be replaced with GROW THE RETURN ON SALES OR ELSE!! Senior leadership is running scared!!! Lastly salaries for branch staff is excessively low!!

Advice to Management

Profit is highly important and necessary but dragging bodies behind to accomplish it at all costs is not what made Adecco the largest in the world

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Memphis, TN

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

Satisfying helping people with employment opportunities.

Cons

Too much work, not enough staff, recruiter work weeks are well over 65-70 hours a week and that's on salary with NO OVERTIME PAY.

Advice to Management

Higher more inhouse staff

7. "Customer service is NOT modeled at this agency"

I have been working at Adecco part-time

Pros

I got hired- I had to go through them for the company that hired me

Cons

Recruiters do not return phone calls. Upon arriving 10 minutes early for my "interview" (aka paperwork) I was asked to wait outside in the desert heat while they finished a meeting because they apparently did not have a space private enough to hold a meeting in. I was asked to come back a second time to finish up paperwork only to find that I had no paperwork to complete. Both times I went to the office my presence was barely acknowledged and I was not informed why I was waiting for 10-30 minutes while the recruiter I was to meet with finished other things. When I complained of the poor customer service the response I got was a lengthy explanation of what had occurred and ZERO apology. The closest the recruiter got to an apology was conceding that I was correct that they needed to improve their customer service. If I had not been hired for a specific agency I would not feel comfortable accepting work with companies Adecco works with because their lack of professionalism is a reflection of the companies they hire for.

Advice to Management

Be professional. Adopt and model principles of positive customer service. Although I get paid through you I am still your "customer"- your business would not exist without temp employees like me. If you receive a complaint, a sincere apology is in order. Streamline the communication within your organization. The frustration of my second visit (indeed my entire second visit) would have been avoided if your recruiters communicated with one another and with your customers properly.

8. "Not the worst company but close to it"

Pros

There are no pros just too many cons.

Cons

Way too many to list.

"Do not work for this company"

Pros

You got access to the Google cafeteria.

Cons

Worst company ever. I should have known what I was getting myself into since I was hired on the phone within less than three minutes of the interview. Also, if you want to be move up, prepared to be sexually harassed by gross, married men.

"I felt betrayed by them, after being a good employee."

Former Employee - QC Inspector in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - QC Inspector in Lincoln, NE

Pros

I can't think of any, I was treated like a temperary employee with no chance of being hired thruogh there employment service.

Cons

Was lied to right from the begining, offered one job, and sent to a different assignment, told one salary then paid a smaller one. Nothing I was told ever happened they way they said it would. Then I have mild stroke have to go on unemployment for the first time in my life, and they refuse to pay my claim. That's the kind of company they are.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like real people, no like some number on a computer screen. If if was'nt for them none of you woukld have a job.

"Employees need training to succeed"

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, laid back environment. Pay is comparable to other staffing firms.
    Multiple career paths

Cons

High turnover
    Too many layers of management
    Employees are not trained well in the door.
    Some offices are mismanaged

Advice to Management

Don't skimp on training new employees to save a buck.